Windfall and Dibella's Watch

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:52 am

I'm looking for opinion on those large mods, didn't find that much on the net, anybody played them?

1. Specifically, are they lore friendly enough? Anything looked out of place or something? That's the most important thing but also...

2. How did you like it? Did the land look nice and were the quests to your linking? Is there enough to do on those large lands?

Thanks in advance. I'm a bit reluctant to add more large mods to my quite big load order these days.

chinadoll

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:16 am

I've not played DIbella's Watch but am well acquainted with Windfall, playing it to completion during my initial Oblivion play-through. It's one of my favorite quest mods. It takes places in its own separate world rather than being attached to Tamriel like Elsweyr Anequina is. Its only foot in the "real" world is a cave entrance on the Imperial Isle and an NPC who gets things rolling. It's its own thing, but in my opinion does not break lore. Big main quest, largish secondary quest involving necromancers, which I find every bit as worthy as the main quest (except for a too abrupt ending). One thing I liked a lot about Windfall...quests often involve choices which have a marked bearing on how things play out. On the downside, the mod lacks polish and can be a bit glitchy at times. (As I recall, the creator suffered some sort of misfortune soon after the mod's initial release and couldn't fine tune it.)

Rude_Bitch_420

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:38 pm

I absolutely recommend Dibella's Watch! I adds a wonderful new land with unique characters and quests (I don't remember every detail because I last played it in 2011).

Just have a look at the author and user images on the Nexus. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37120/?

I liked it so much that I made a German translation of it (http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40171?)

Lucie H

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Thank you for your informations so far, they were helpful! :)

Meanwhile, if anyone would share more thoughts, I'd gladly read them.

Chris Duncan

Return to IV - Oblivion