Windows 7 - can't find files?

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Hey
Morrowind bug, I've done lots of searching, tried a few fixes but no show. Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit

Basically, I fire up Morrowind, go to click on a menu button (eg. New Game) and I get these notifications:

Sound file not found: data files\sound\Fx\menu click.wav

if i click yes, it goes on to say it can't find the splash screen image. After that it crashes, sometimes it loads up the game, but if it does are no assets... its just empty space.

The weird thing is, all those files exist in the locations, but Morrowind can't find them! Help?

I've tried running in compatibility mode for XP SP1, moving the install location from C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind to C:\Bethesda\Morrowind, uninstalling, reinstalling, patching it with the latest patch, and disabling UAC.

Is there anything else I can try? A new install location? Its very frustrating!
Mr.Broom30

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:47 am

It's likely from a corrupt installation.
Clean your disk, close all programs, turn off your Anti-virus and try installing again.
Mason Nevitt

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 am

Hmm... I just tried those, but it didn't fix it...
Its almost like the game is trying to look for the files, but in the wrong place. Short of placing the files in every single folder on the hard drive just to make it find them.... I don't know what else to try..
Laura Hicks

Return to III - Morrowind