[Mod] -WIP- Ashlander Tribes

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:44 am

Ashlander Tribes is a roleplaying mod that changes the role of the player. You are no longer the Nerevarine, the Outlander who saved Vvardenfell from the devil Dagoth Ur. Instead, you are an Ashlander. Ashlander Tribes introduces the four Ashlander tribes as four new joinable factions. The Ahemmusa, Urshilaku, Erabenimsun, and Zainab. As part of the new character creation, there is a step that lets you choose among the four tribes which you character hails from.

Ashlander Tribes is an attempt to immerse the player. I have tweaked dialogue so that you are no longer referred to as an Outlander, but as an Ashlander. I have so far completed the quest line for the Ahemmusa Tribe, and am beginning to work on quests for the Urshilaku. These quests are nothing major, but they will give you the opportunity to advance in the ranks of your tribe (Like how other factions allow you to advance), and ultimately become the Ashkhan if you so desire.

What is completed so far:

Character Creation: *Finished*

Ahemmusa Tribe: *Finished*

- Basic greetings: Finished

- Dialogue and Topics: Finished

- Quests: Finished

- Travel Service: Finished

Urshilaku Tribe: *Unfinished*

- Dialogue and Topics: Not started

- Quests: Not started

- Travel Service: Not started

Erabenimsun Tribe: *Unfinished*

Zainab Tribe: *Unfinished*

carla

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:06 am

I really like the potential of this concept, but I am a little uncertain of what you are intending. Does this involve an alternate character generation process? Does the player arise out of one of the Ashlander clans? Does this prevent the main quest or will it step around the early Blades quests and join the path with the infection of corprus? I assume only one Ashlander clan may be joined (at least until the player becomes Nerevarine).

Melung Chan

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:07 am

Sounds fantastic. I've played a number of characters who were Velothi to sidestep the part of the Nerevarine being a non-Ashlander.

Robyn Lena

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:49 pm

Very interesting :)

Does it rejoin the main quest at any point? How would it interact with Julan?
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:34 am

The goal of this mod is very simple, and not so ambitious. It is for those who'd like to roleplay an Ashlander. I haven't many plans revolving around quests or a storyline to replace Morrowind's Main Quest of fulfilling the Nerevarine Prophecy, but with enough time perhaps there will be a storyline of sorts. But it would be a storyline unlike the Main Quest in Morrowind. It'd be something along the lines of uniting the four Ashlander Tribes and resisting Imperial control.

In the mod, the player is as an Ashlander. Basically, the main quest is irrelevant to your character (In fact, it may just be incompatible). This mod does involve an alternate character generation process. Also, you can't "join" clans, you "pick" one in the process of setting up your character, just like how you pick your birthsign, race, class, etc. I have an image somewhere on Morrowind Nexus that shows this.

By the way, I recommend only using this mod/enabling it when you intend to play as an Ashlander, and to disable it if you intend on following the story, or if you are playing another race (And if a non-Ashlander Dunmer). The reason behind this is because the mod is set up so that your character is an Ashlander. It doesn't really give you a choice. Plus, I have edited the dialogue and it would be strange playing as a Khajiit and being refrenced as an Ashlander in greetings and so on.
Budgie

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Ashlander is my favorite culture in all of the Elder Scrolls games. It was what first made me fall in love with Morrowind. I love everything: the yurts, the apparel, the nomadic lifestyle. I've actually played a few Ashlander Dunmer in Oblivion (one was a Mabrigash named Nirai Ashushshirari, daughter of Morrowind's Yanabani Ashushshirari). So this mod is right up my alley! I will definitely give this a try when it is finished.

Skivs

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:06 am

This seems like a pretty neat concept, sounds like fun to start off in a different place. I don't think the main quest implementation should be too difficult, thought for any other tribe other than Urshilaku Tribe, I'd imagine it would take quite alot more rewriting to make more sense.

meghan lock

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:01 am

Just to note, in this plugin your character is not the Nerevarine.

Basically, the long term plan is to create a new Main Quest. Maybe it'll run parallel to the Nerevarine Prophecy, or perhaps it will be something entirely different. Before I start working on that, I have to finish other things. I work my way up, I do small things first, then big things. Small things include side quests, new dialogue topics, new NPCs, etc. Big things include working on faction storylines for each of the four tribes, new companions (Do Ashlanders keep slaves?), becoming Ashkhan of your tribe (Either through prophesy, deceit, or force), and whatever ideas pop into my head.

I'm thinking of releasing a beta version of the mod. Character generation process is all completed. I've enabled playable Ashlander hairstyles as well. I have also enabled NPC classes (Herder, Mabrigash, Champion, etc). So far, I have completed the Ahemmusa Tribe (Quests, dialogue, ranks, everything), and am halfway on the Zainab Tribe (Need to do side quests and dialogue).

The Urshilaku and Erabenimsun are devoid of new content besides new greetings, so they're playable but not very interactive. No quests or dialogue topics as of yet.

Question: What would you guys like to see added?

Alexander Horton

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:12 am

great ideas! it would be very enticing to start a new game!

my own remarks are : start small and add to it later on!

Sherry Speakman

Return to III - Morrowind