I'm a witness to war, and sometimes I'm caught in it.

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:04 am

Today I'm in my office at work fighting the email wars. Being in supervision, I get to see the email wars waged between the various departments. You would not believe how much of an art form it is to tell someone in an email to kiss of and die, while writing it in a polite and professional looking manner.

A lot of the emails are either forwarded or replied to "all" so I get to see a lot.

And with me being in maintenance, I get a lot of emails from departments telling me in a very polite manner that if I take care of someone before them they will see that I have consequences.

So of course, I reply with promises of quick service blah blah blah, while I put them on a back burner becaise they threatened me.

I tell you, sometimes the email wars are not for the timid. They even go so far as to spill over to Facebook.

How about you good people? Do you have any email stories from your work that are wonky enough to relate?
Sun of Sammy

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:22 pm

I don't use email at work due to fear of the ALL. I work for a State/Federal agency so that can go out to lots of people.

Too paranoid to determine whether or not an email will be sent to the unit I am in or to the region.

Amy Gibson

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Oh, I don't post anything incriminating on email, ever. I've learned from watching informative murder porm that people get caught too easily trying to fight with others or learn how to get back at others digitally. Now with that said, I DID get into an interesting situation on facebook once. Needless to say, I thought I was being logical and not offensive. I was wrong needless to say. You'd be shocked at how difficult it is to explain that you aren't anti-semedic.

Hearts

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:21 pm

Can't trust a PA-C sometimes.

scorpion972

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:53 pm

what is a pa-c?

dean Cutler

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:57 pm

Certified Physician Assistant?

^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:48 am

speak softly and carry an iron bar

Lil'.KiiDD

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Oh the political battles I've gotten into on Facebook, lost some arguments but won quite a bit too.

Cameron Wood

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Yeh, I pretty much do the same thing. I work in logistics and operations, and I'm a one man show. I pretty much work on a first come first serve basis, with my direct bosses getting precedent.

You complain to my boss by CCing him on an email that you requested me earlier in the day and I didnt respond just gets you moved to tomorrow at the earliest, and I go have a laugh with my boss.

And if you piss me off more, I start locking you out of areas that you need access through but I have control of and you need to request me to open it.

And why did I lock it? Because for "safety".

Trol to the motha[censored]ing lolololol
Claudz

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:58 pm

Never really had the privilege to have a job where I get to sit on me azz all day and flumble about with a computer, so no :P

Edit: Man, I never realized how much people mess with each other at work! :rofl:

Kelly John

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:41 am

Half of my day is walking around checking printers.

Kevan Olson

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:15 pm

Oh yeah it's unreal. Sometimes worker bees will treat my maintenance crew like peons by giving them orders. When that happens I tell my people to take their time and drag their feet while I send the worker bee an email apologizing for the delay, but they are just too busy to accommodate everyone in one day.

And they CC my boss as well when they send me an email. Like that is going to get me to move faster.
Wayne W

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:25 pm

I work at the post office sorting out ballots and votes and the things some people write is nowhere as strategic or eloquent. They just come out with a hostile sentence or two full of negativity as if that is going to change the reality of things.

Del Arte

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:27 pm

I dont have that job either, yet I'm still expected to use company email at the computer they issued me.

I have an office...I'm in it maybe 45 minutes out of 9-10 hours.

It's part of the problem actually I'm in. I need at least another person under me; actually two. Apparently before there were at least two.
Robert Garcia

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Well, hire me then! I can be DarksunTheSecond! :laugh:

Ian White

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:28 pm

So.. lemme get this straight,

You are in a position of supervision and you're in maintenance

You literally watch other people fix stuff. Unless you get snarky emails from other departments, in which case you watch people *not* fix stuff, or fix the stuff as slowly as possible.

And you get paid real money to do this?

Dude, you're my new personal Jesus Christ :bowdown:

Anne marie

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Working for the government man, working for the government...:D

Seriously though, I do less physical labor since I'm in supervision, but I do a lot of explaining why people have to wait in line to get their equipment repaired. And fhats where the email wars come in. I get a lot of emails that are CCed to my boss that say " I don't see why this person gets taken care of first".

Believe me, the email wars are aptly named! :D
loste juliana

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:27 pm

Were you here when they released "Oblivion" and it wasn't "Morrowind II"?

Your front line time probably pales in comparison.

Of course I challenge anyone to try and top the carnage of the Wizards Of The Coast Forums when they released "Magic" on iPad a week before they released it on PC.

ZzZz

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Unfortunately, I'm not the one that makes the room on the payroll. I can "hire", but I can't actually hire anybody.

Adam Baumgartner

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:29 pm

I no longer have to fight the e-mail war.

I worked for a very large organization, so my biggest problem was that there were 8 other people who shared my name.

My name was actually one of the less common ones. But I was constantly receiving e-mails and phone calls meant for the others.

They would find my name on the global list, and without checking if it was the right one, put the address at the top of their e-mail and then send it to me.

I received birthday messages, invitations to coffee morning with regional directors and on one occasion an invite to a disco night.

in Slough. When I told my senior manager about the coffee morning he thought it so funny that he suggested I should go, it would have involed a round trip

of six hundred miles.

It was actually quite revealing. It was like viewing alternative versions of yourself.

Kyra

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:32 pm

With politics on Facebook I've learned that arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how skilled a player you are because that pigeon is still going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it won.
Lisha Boo

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Greater anology has never been uttered :rofl:

Marnesia Steele

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:04 pm

OMG. There used to be another guy with my exact same name that I never met that also worked in my department. He had a really bad reputation, and I suffered because of him for years. One time one of the government big wigs paid me a visit to ask about me sixually assaulting the kitchen lady. He didn't believe me at first about the other guy, and eventually he said he would "check" my story. I had been working with our kitchen lady for 5 years, and when I told her what happened she said "I think I would remember something like that".

The next day the big wig visited me and apologized for accusing the wrong guy lol.

Krystal Wilson

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:54 pm

^

:D :D

Oh, man. The working place is just one big kindergarten. The only difference is the children wear suits and get paid :D

trisha punch

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:25 am

I really wish I could dispute this lol! But I can't, all I can do is agree with you lol.
Harinder Ghag

Next

Return to Othor Games