wont buy any fallout game until 3 is fixed (not even 3 yet)

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:37 am

now before flaming me understand that i enjoyed playimng fallout 3 and new vegas at my friends house. i like these games alot.

my issue is fallout 3 crashes and crashes and crashes on anything that is not windows xp which is amazing but outdated, or windows vista which most every body HATES, including myself. i absolutely HATE windows vista!

i couldnt play this on my current pc cause im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and from what all my friends have told me, and from what i have read all over the internet, this game crashes every few minutes or such.

i have not yet purchased this game, nor have i purchased new vegas, nor have i purchased fallout 4. i will not be buying any of these games until this crashing is fixed. if i cant play and finish 3, then why on gods earth would i skip to new vegas or 4? wont buy them....not until it is fixed.

heck, the games might even sell better. like i mentioned "not many people like vista" so why not fix this? if fans made a fix then why not make an official one? look at the negative reviews on the steam page for this game, most of them are irritated for the same reason i wont buy this game, sadly they wasted their money on it beforehand...svcks to be them :( yet you could do something about it, and you'd make money off fixing it as id buy the game, and im sure others would too.

i mean it even says on the page when i look at it "not optimised for windows 7" so i said "hell no, not touching it" though i want to. wanna play it very badly. never beat it when i was at my buddies!!

Jesus Lopez

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:21 am

Bethesda has never patched a game once they're done with it. It's been this way since 1986 and I expect it will continue to be this way in the future.

WTW

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:26 am

New Vegas has run decently for me with both Windows 7 and Windows 8. Occasional crash, but not so bad as to ruin it.

Have to agree with you on F3 though. It never ran very good on Windows 7 for me either.

KRistina Karlsson

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:42 am

Fallout 3 ran fine on my win7 pc and now runs fine on my win8.1 pc.

Here's a link to the solution. All I did was the ini tweak and the game runs fine:

http://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/9977/~/what-should-i-do-if-fallout-3-does-not-work-with-my-windows-7%2F8-machine%3F

Marcus Jordan

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:57 am

Actually for me Fallout 3 is the best performing Bethesda game for me and it has only crashed when I was testing out some mods. That was for Windows 7, 8.1. I have not played that much with 10 since I did not want to play too much Fallout or Bethesda's game before FO4 was released.

I did not even have to do the ini tweaks for multicore

It is best to follow the sticky here http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1465357-installing-fallout-3-with-windows-78-and-xp/

Chad Holloway

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:49 pm

It is actually the OP's loss more than anything else.

I just can't imagine why someone would make an account and come to a forum that is exclusively Fallout 3 and do nothing but bash Bethesda and the game. And then think they won't be flamed.

Chantelle Walker

Return to Fallout 3