im worried about next TES game.

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:52 pm

since neither sony nor microsoft plan on releasing a new system for a few more years im really worried that the next tes game is going to be built to work on the current gen of consoles which are showing their age. im afraid that the graphics will be substandard to other games released next year (assuming tes 5 is released in 2010) and that other things like AI and physics will be limited by consoles older technology. :cold:
Eddie Howe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:50 am

since neither sony nor microsoft plan on releasing a new system for a few more years im really worried that the next tes game is going to be built to work on the current gen of consoles which are showing their age. im afraid that the graphics will be substandard to other games released next year (assuming tes 5 is released in 2010) and that other things like AI and physics will be limited by consoles older technology. :cold:

the top consoles are xbox360,PS3 and the new windows 7 laptops im not sure what u mean by showing thier age because theres nothing to compare them to
Justin Bywater

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:16 pm

I remember seeing an article stating that Microsoft intended to release the next console in 2012 or 2013. Which is a little while away. Personally I hope they release TES5 soon. I would really not want to wait for the next consoles to come out.
SiLa

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 pm

worse thought still...

bethseda wait until the next generation of consoles
Prue

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:11 pm

The end is nigh! Whatever can we do!?
james kite

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:16 am

Optimization is the key. Oblivion is terribly inefficient. While it's improbable that graphical leaps-and-bounds are going to be made if they release the next title during the current cycle, if proper optimization is implemented, coupled with enough 3rd party software plugins (like Umbra's occlusion-culling, Lightsprint, the latest version of Speedtree, Natural Motion, etc, etc)then I see no real problem.

Of course, I must say that my concern for the graphical advances for the next title are far outstripped by my concern over decisions over game mechanics.
Alister Scott

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 am

What worries me is that they'll focus on keeping to lore and exluding some really nice stuff, spells (midas magick) fighting (deadly reflex) etc.
Laura Samson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Yes, because in-world consistency and everything that sprouts from it (i.e. every thing and concept exhibited via the games or the game-related literature) totally pales in comparison to kewl things just for the heck of it.

In all honesty, this thread will probably get redirected to somewheres around http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1066038
Jessica Raven

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 am

the top consoles are xbox360,PS3 and the new windows 7 laptops im not sure what u mean by showing thier age because theres nothing to compare them to

a windows 7 laptop is not a console. what i meant was that ps3 and xbox360 are showing their age when compare to mid and high end pcs. they simply dont have the hardware to run high resolution textures and larger levels that a pc has. thats why games made for pcs have way larger levels and fewer loading zones as compared to console games which have smaller levels and more loading zones. also pcs can run significantly better looking textures and now with multi cores they have more power available for background things like AI processing, physics, etc.

i certainly hope that they do use more third party stuff and to be honest i would even be happy with TES on the crysis or dunia engine which are waaaay better looking than gamebryo. i still pee my pants everytime i see the youtube video of the imperial city being rendered on the crysis engine. :drool
Charleigh Anderson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:21 am

What worries me is that they'll focus on keeping to lore and exluding some really nice stuff, spells (midas magick) fighting (deadly reflex) etc.

Funny--- that's exactly the opposite of what worries me.

I'm worried that they'll ditch the lore, screw the gameplay, lose what minor semblance of plotting and characterization they managed to retain in Oblivion and just stuff it full of shiny trinkets and gadgets designed to impress the FPS console crowd....

"Ooooh.... look! Big explosions!!1!1 Did you see that guy do a backflip?! That's KEWL!!!!11!111!"

That's what I'm worried about.......
claire ley

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 am

I'd rather not need to shell out any money for a new console, even for TESV. I think that if they used the right software they could make a top-of-the-line game that looks great on current-gen machines, and not screw the people who won't be able to buy it because of their outdated systems and, in a way, themselves. Every cent i wouldn't spend on TESV for xbox720 is a cent they don't get.
Brιonα Renae

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:20 am

Could someone clarify what year the rumours said TES V would come out? I know the year isn't official, though. 2010 or 2011?
Andres Lechuga

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:05 am

I'd much rather that Bethesda kept to creating awesome lore and world-building. The fact that vanilla Oblivion can become quite stale both plot-wise and character wise (not to mention scenery wise) makes me hope that Bethesda will work hard on the things that really only a large, organized group / big company can do: world-building, voice-acting (not to say that the efforts of the community here aren't outstanding) and lore-creation (though, as well, the modding community shines in this area too). Leave the shiny magic and the backflips to the modders. There are areas that Bethesda (should) excel in, and areas that modders excel in. Mixing the two would likely lead to the detriment of both.
claire ley

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:04 am

you will not see a new TES released in 2010.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ps4-and-xbox-720-to-arrive-in-2011-2-estimates-crytek
happy now?
Lori Joe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 am

Let's continue this in the Cumulative Speculation topic.

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1064256
Jeffrey Lawson

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion