Do you think that the Enclave is good?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:14 am

I mean, sure they have a pretty harsh way of doing things, but do what must be done, that is why I like them
Claire Jackson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 am

No.
Kira! :)))

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 am

No they are evil. They want to basically commit genocide against everything on the Wasteland, even the few civilized humans. 'Tis not right.
Kara Payne

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:44 am

they killed my dad
Ash

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:25 am

They are not good nor evil.

They are neutral, just like the Brotherhood.
Shelby McDonald

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:24 pm

They are not good nor evil.

They are neutral, just like the Brotherhood.

The goal is good, there means are not. I dont see the justification of killing almost everyone including innocents.

The Brotherhood out west are neutral, not the brother hood that we know in FO3
Brittany Abner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:55 am

The goal is good, there means are not. I dont see the justification of killing almost everyone including innocents.

The Brotherhood out west are neutral, not the brother hood that we know in FO3

This. I think Warmaster has you there FALLOUTFTW.... :P
Gill Mackin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:12 am

not the brother hood that we know in FO3

I don't care what Bethesda's biased views have to say, the East Coast Brotherhood are not the good guys.
trisha punch

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:29 pm

Like any militant organisation, they probably believe they are 'good'. I however enjoy punching their heads off, bare fisted wearing Tenpenny's suit and button's wig.
Benjamin Holz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:39 am

Chaotic Good: Ends out weigh the means...

BoS (Normal): True Neutral

BoS (Eastern): Lawful Good
Lucy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 am

Spoiler
they killed my dad

GTFO spoilers.

They, just as bortherhood, are neutral. Bethesda destroyed their values in Fallout 3 though. Bethesda's view...

Brotherhood = OMGHOLYSAINTZ

Enclave = Z0MGEVILDEMONZFRUMHELLZ
Roy Harris

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 am

they killed my dad

Incorrect.

Spoiler
Dad killed himself.

Taylor Tifany

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:47 am

GTFO spoilers.

They, just as bortherhood, are neutral. Bethesda destroyed their values in Fallout 3 though. Bethesda's view...

Brotherhood = OMGHOLYSAINTZ

Enclave = Z0MGEVILDEMONZFRUMHELLZ

General Appeal crap, I hate it... Drives me nuts...
Jesus Lopez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:08 am

Hahahahaha... no. >.>
Definitely not.
If anything, they're neutral- I'd call them 'well-intentioned extremists'.
Autumn's Enclave, at any rate. The original Enclave, and Eden's vision for the organization...
Yeeeeeeeah, not touching THAT with a ten-foot pole. .3.
ladyflames

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 am

You really have to play FO2 and talk to President Richardson to really see what the Enclave believed. If there plan worked it would have really saved humanity and they could have really brought back America in time. In the orignals games there was no "Good guys" every ones was a shade of grey. Unlike in FO3 where most things are black and white.
Romy Welsch

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:50 am

Are they good? Lets see....

They preach messages on the radio about wanting to help the Wastelanders, yet they shoot just about anyone who's not Enclave.

They captured an elderly man who supported them because he thought they were trying to help rebuild America.

They used some of the Vaults before the Great War to do horrible experiments to innocent people trying to seek shelter from an Atomic Aypocolypse.

A certain member just shoots you dead while interrogating you if you actually give-in to his demand.

They shot an innocent woman as a threat to your Dad as to what would happen if he didn't give up Project Purity.

And most of all, and sorry if this contains Spoilers, but they want to use the Water Purifier to kill off most of the Wasteland as part of "Rebuilding America".

So in my opinion they're not good, and they're not just evil, they're cliche evil. They're way too evil to be real, so there's really nothing good about them.
(G-yen)

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:38 am

so your definition of being "good" is killing everything in sight , thinking that you have more of a right to live than any other human being out there and enforcing your position by killing everything that has a pulse ? I'd hate to see what you consider to be "evil"

I've never seen an enclave soldier fighting super mutants , instead they fight defenseless wastelanders and non-feral ghouls. They use mind-control devices to control deathclaws instead of wiping them out , they couldn't even set up an outpost near the yao guai tunnels w/o getting killed... Superior soldiers my ass.

The only way they want (or can) deal with the super mutant threat or the feral ghouls is by sabotaging the purifier with the FEV , that's cowardly. If they were so righteous they'd at least TRY to fight the mutants. They even have an outpost at the capitol building but do nothing , they let the mutants and the talons duke it out , and instead of attacking the mutants they attack you as you approach the steps of the capitol building......you're right they get the job done. If by getting the job done , you mean sit there with their thumbs up their asses and contribute only to the ills of the remnants of society instead to actually being useful......

To sum up , OFF WITH THEIR HEADS......
Lucky Boy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:50 pm

I think trying to look at things in the Fallout universe with a 'good or evil?' mindset is a bit risky, because it will not give you an accurate picture of the factions that inhabit it. Especially since good and evil are subjective. The Pitt illustrates this perfectly.

The BoS and the Enclave are a bit more distinct; there are less shades of grey there, but they still exist.
An important part to remember is that just because someone is part of a faction doesn't mean that they automatically adhere exactly and only to the doctrine of their faction.
Ergo, there are BoS, even among those still following Lyons, that think wastelanders are primitive, smelly and stupid. Maybe they just defend them and kill super mutants out of pity for the wastelanders, but doesn't actually want to deal with them themselves. And the opposite end; the idealists who wants Lyons to go even further and take on more recruits and share tech.

For the Enclave, there are likely some scientists, techs and/or troops who just stick with them because it's safe. Maybe they have a family to care for. They might be sympathetic towards ghouls on an individual basis, but doesn't protest about killing them since they're afraid of getting tossed out or shot themselves.
And the idealists, who agree with Eden or even want to go further; just burn, shoot or nuke the [censored] out of anyone with any mutation or radiation contamination, be they brahmin, ghoul or Rivet City brat.

That said; when I try to look objectively at the BoS and the Enclave based on what they do they appear thus:
The BoS are tech scavengers. Those with Elder Lyons help the wastelanders by killing threats but wants to keep most tech and gadgets for themselves.
The Enclave wants to get rid of all the threats in the wasteland, preferably people who are just contaminated too, and start civilization over with only "pure" humans.

Beyond that it starts to get into subjective territory for me, including my own and the NPC character's bias, opinions and personality.
Stacey Mason

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:59 pm

And most of all, and sorry if this contains Spoilers, but they want to use the Water Purifier to kill off most of the Wasteland as part of "Rebuilding America".

Actually, it was Eden who wanted to do that. Autumn opposed of the idea.
Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:39 am

They believe they are good, but are not. probably either from not using the right methods or not controlling their troops properly.
RAww DInsaww

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:24 am

I used to be BoS. But, its true, the ends weigh out the means. I'm not for innocents being killed, but, oh well.
Fiori Pra

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:27 am

I'm not for innocents being killed, but, oh well.

I'll post here what I posted in another thread:

Some of us Enclave supporters don't exactly support their morals and goals, yet, we just love the Enclave for being a bad ass antagonist. Think of the Empire from Star Wars. Yes, they are clearly evil and the antagonist of the OT. Yet, why do a lot of people love stormtroopers and Darth Vader? Well, because they are bad ass. We don't exactly agree with their views on certain subjects, but they look awesome. I feel the same way towards the Enclave. I may not exactly agree with their goals, yet, who is the more "awesome" faction, the Enclave or the Brotherhood? I just love the Enclave's APA MK II, their other awesome black power armors, their technology, their music, and Colonel Autumn's coat.

Tamara Primo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 am

Uh...yeah, sure. Though, with the exception of FALLOUTFTW's armor, I like the Brotherhood's more. That reminds me of Stormtrooper.
NAtIVe GOddess

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:42 am

You really have to play FO2 and talk to President Richardson to really see what the Enclave believed. If there plan worked it would have really saved humanity and they could have really brought back America in time. In the orignals games there was no "Good guys" every ones was a shade of grey. Unlike in FO3 where most things are black and white.

I take it you haven't played Fallout 2, because President Richardson was pure evil as was his plan. He considered you, the protaganist, as well as anyone not part of the Enclave, to be sub-human and deserving of death.

If his plan worked he would have killed most of humanity, not saved it.
Lucky Girl

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Uh...yeah, sure. Though, with the exception of FALLOUTFTW's armor, I like the Brotherhood's more. That reminds me of Stormtrooper.

Yes, me too. I don't like the points on the enclave armor.
priscillaaa

Next

Return to Fallout 3