Your best/favorite character

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:52 pm

My favorite character to ever play with in Morrowind is my current Assassin/Thief, level 45.

Completed: Morrowind Main Quest, Thieves Guild, Morag Tong, House Hlaalu, Tribunal Main Quest

Still to do: Beat Bloodmoon Main Quest, Vampire Questline.
sw1ss

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 am

I'm torn between an Assassin, and a pure mage. Pure mages are very powerful after the tribunal quest line (hesleths ring ofc), but assassins are soooo fun to play. I love sneaking up on people and basktabbing them. I especially love assassins with heavy chameleon use, it's a perfect combination! Also, pure mages require lots of tactics. (with my favorite being the summon monster damage attribute, paralyze, poison combo). They're a challenge, which makes them more fun then a "WTF L33TORZ PWN ALL 1 HIT KK?" kind of character.
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Definitely the one with my nick and in my avatar. Every time I find it especially satisfying to be this old wizard type of thing. I have my own little marks of greatness to boost my ego, like a huge tower. (Which I decided not to edit, however; I think Tel Uvirith should be small, as it's very new. The town hadn't have the time to develop around it just yet, like with older towers during hundreds of years the very least.) Staff of Magnus is also one of these, although I don't actually use it, at least in combat. Just for show. :)

What I'm meaning to say is I am very deep into this character. The wizard who studies a lot BUT who has some wits for the practical life as well. This Nelacayne guy feels he's finally a driving force behind House Telvanni really. He feels like the brains of the House. He tolerates the Mages Guild and thus has managed to warm Telvanni's ties to it a bit, possibly thinking that in the future, Mages Guild could become some subdivision for the House. He's all for letting the expansion to the west continue, though, and dislikes most of his own council members. He's younger, more energetic and cares much more about the House politics than those ancient Council members for example. He has already silenced Neloth and Dratha for example. Then again, he's good friends with fellow researcher Baladas Demnevanni, and especially with his mentor Master Aryon who he respects a lot and finds as a rare equal: a younger powerful Telvanni figure with a will to advance and hunger for power in all Telvanni's magical superiority. Yet he is clever and careful. He thinks it's possible that Aryon is playing a game on him. He rose unlikely fast in the House rankings and became the Archmagister, and, although likes and respects Aryon, also keeps on eye on him, so that he won't be a pawn for Aryon or part of any scheme to outrule him, for example.

In all his greatness, my character is much of an egomaniac even. If there's someone who he cannot beat (like Gaenor at one point, for example), he won't show his fear towards that person. He's constantly working towards being the best fighter there is, but always acts like he already was. If he thinks he cannot survive a battle, he just keeps avoiding it and pretends that no such fight exists. He never admits anything that might show he's weak. Hides his weaknesses, only shows what he's capable of in public. He's often seen walking the waters or levitating in the Telvanni area at ridiculous speeds, and thinks he will amaze people and made them envious doing that. He just boosts his ego all the time. He thinks he's some kind of an übermensch, a superhuman that cannot be touched, and does his everything to keep this as common opinion.

Yet he IS good for real and often does things others can, like loots tombs nobody else has, finds relics and so on.

Well shortly my character thinks he's the head the most powerful body in Vvardenfell/Morrowind (Telvanni) has needed for some time. He keeps things organized, has made Telvanni more active (mostly by doing things himself) and has provoked some more fear by letting Telvanni grow, even trying to tie Mages Guild to it, and acting as an all-powerful, young, ambient, smart, lust-for-power type of figurehead to the whole Telvanni House. It's his era now, and it will make Telvanni the most prosperous of all the factions in the province, based on some old customs and laws and Telvanni's superior know-how in use of Magicka.

It's interesting that he is a High Elf though. That's something to further boost his self-confidence for conquering a Dunmer faction. He also thinks he's more elegant, higher than others, and among the purest life in whole Nirn, knowing full well the history and beliefs of his race.
Arrogant SId

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:30 am

Of course, I'm temporarily biased, but my current favorite is the rogue/mage I'm playing now. I've never relied solely on summoned gear and alchemy before... but this guy heads out from his Hlaalu stronghold at encumbrance ~15-20 after unloading loot. Talk about light and fast... He can be in and out of a tomb before the occupants know they've been gutted.
Dan Scott

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:25 pm

I have three types I like. One is a fighter type who is heavily armored---a tank. The other is my Lara Croft type which tends not to do any quests but just finds dungeons and loots them. My third type is a rogue that just steals everything he can from anywhere (except for a couple of select vendors). The one thing they all have in common is that none use much magic. They will use levitate, waterwalking, mark/recall, soul trap, and some restore attribute type spells and enchanted items. But I don't like playing mage types or making potions.
electro_fantics

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:45 am

]My favorite is my first, the atypical Nord Dandowin. He was so enjoyable to play that he inspired me to spawn a Novel based on his adventures and even his own action figures of him and his companions.

http://capolan.tripod.com/MWcustoms.jpg
http://capolan.tripod.com/Dandownfur.jpg
http://capolan.tripod.com/aryahammk2.jpg
http://capolan.tripod.com/ingredandlaurenna.JPG

Took the original origin that all characters are given, and ran with it.

To steal a quote from the written novel:

“Ah! So, you have already gotten acquainted with one another. That is good. Excellent even. Ladies, I present to you Dandowin Nerevarine, the Castle Master of Lokken, Chieftain of the village of Thirsk, Hero of the Red Star of Tel Nechim, Bloodskal of the Skaal of Solstheim, Slayer of Dagoth Ur and of the Tribunal Goddess Almalexia. An Operative of the Emperor’s Blades; One Survivor of the Great Hunt of Hircine, and champion of the Daedra Lord Azura herself. Have I left any out?”
The women next to him stared between the Tsaesci female and Dandowin. He still held them closely and protectively, even if it was merely bravado.

“How is it that you know of me here? What is it that you want?”

jasminε

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:44 am

Just started a new character and I think he will be my favorite (dark elf, agent).

With a few mods my agent started out drowning in a shipwreck out in the middle of nowhere. The ship crashed into rocks while trying to smuggle Moon Sugar into Morrowind. I gathered whatever sugar I could and began to swim out West to Tamriel Rebuilt land. I have no idea where I am going and have no money, but it should be for a great time.
Gisela Amaya

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:14 pm

My favorite was the first time I made Valiri, my go-to character in just about every video game that I play. She was a breton, pure mage for the longest time but eventualy I shifted her over to blunt weapons. She had an ebony staff that was enchanted with damage health on strike. I can't remember what the exact enchantment was but it was pretty intense. She also had rings and an amulet that together were enchanted with over 70 points of constant effect santuary. Combining those with a maxed out illusion skill and a rather large roster of spells, she could do pretty much whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted. I have yet to make another character that was so fun to play.
stevie trent

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Being an Oblivion player new to Morrowwind have made what I considered the 'strongest' player for a 'new' game Breton/Mage. I mostly build blade, sneak, security and marksman type skills and it seems to be effective in Morrowwind as well.
Having found cash fairly easy to get, have trained in the skills that give me the best multiples for strength and endurance to make up for being female.
Am at the point of having started my stronghold, have put the mq on hold having done the 'bow' thing at the camp. Have 51 fame? reputation?
Have tons of stuff and tons of cash. Having the time of my life. Love being able to wear the equisite robes over dark brotherhood armour. Have Tribunal but not Bloodmoon loaded. No other mods. yet.
Siidney

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:47 am

Used to be good ol' J'sar the Argonian thief. Nowadays it's my Nord character though, medium armored and axe wielding. Although I'm considering moving onto heavy armor in my next playthroughs.
Colton Idonthavealastna

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:17 pm

My favourite Morrowind character to date would have to be Aralin Hlerayn, my pure Mage. She was the Archmagister of House Telvanni and was my first "true" RP character. She's the reason I love TES games so much, so I owe her a hell of a lot.
Anne marie

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Gotta be Isbaloch, my 34 lvl dunmer mercenary :D he is a badass!!!
Sophh

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:31 pm

It's been a while since I played but I recently fired up Morrowind again. I remade my customized dark elf Nightblade.

I have a simple house mod and that's pretty much all I need. I rebuilt my pile of enchanted arrows better than ever. I'll eventually do the main quest but I'm still having fun hunting skeleton archers and building my stock pile of enchanted arrows up.
Alisia Lisha

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:03 pm

My favorite all time character was named Aquan (hence the Avatar) and he was made using a mod that I can't remember the actual name of right now that allowed you play an Atlantean race with constant effect water breathing, had new body meshes and textures which included gills on a basic Nord looking dude. I naturally majored in Spear, (which is still my favorite), Athletics, Acrobatics, and Medium Armor.....I forget what else. I used Druegh Armor....of course.

I made made a Role Playing quest to swim around the entire island, checking out all the Grottoes, Ship Wrecks, Pearl Diving, and fighting Slaughterfish, Druegh, Mudacrabs; only coming to land to trade scales, pearls, and other items found in ship wrecks. After my tour of the Islands coasts, I eventually came up on land and joined the Imperial Legion, finished the MQ, and a lot of exploring and mayhem. I believe I got him up beyond level 60, and featured him in a house in the Modtown 2004 mod. (Bethesda Mods Forum Co-operative mod) using his actual stats at the time.

I lost that save due to a hard drive crash and have played the same basic character several times without the mod that allowed the constant effect water breathing. Using a Spear with 'cast when strikes' Water Breathing for 100 seconds is more fun anyway.

Morrowind's underwater world is a lot of fun to me.
You should try swimming all the way around the island at least once. It's a blast.
mimi_lys

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:43 am

Definitely the one with my nick and in my avatar...

[snip]

...It's interesting that he is a High Elf though. That's something to further boost his self-confidence for conquering a Dunmer faction. He also thinks he's more elegant, higher than others, and among the purest life in whole Nirn, knowing full well the history and beliefs of his race.

By Boethiah! Your character is almost exactly like mine!

If you see me at the Gateway inn sometime, say hello. Im the Altmer wearing the robe of the Drake's pride. We can share a bottle of flin, Im sure well be great friends :)
lexy

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:26 pm

By Boethiah! Your character is almost exactly like mine!

If you see me at the Gateway inn sometime, say hello. Im the Altmer wearing the robe of the Drake's pride. We can share a bottle of flin, Im sure well be great friends :)

Hey, I thought the one with Drake's Pride was me?! Oh well, you must've built yourself a replica of it, yes, that's it... I'll say hello the next time I'm there. ^^
Robert DeLarosa

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:04 am

My 5th and current character, Gren Gieger. He is a medium armor Nord who uses sword and spears mainly. He was born and raised in Solestiem (sp?). I plan for him to return to his birth place when he finishes the Tribunal expansion main quest line, which is only two quests away. I think I can actually do a complete play through with him, and that'd be my first full MW play through
Amy Masters

Return to III - Morrowind