Your favourite role plays?

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:15 am

A lot of my role plays have been fairly cut-and-paste, standard Knights of (insert Divine/Daedra), or thieves, or adventurers, and so on. I often read on here (and the Oblivion sub-forums, where they've taken roleplaying to intergalactic levels) about these amazing playthroughs that just boggle my mind. One member had a character who began in Boston, got hit by a bus and woke up in the Imperial City sewer, for Pete's sake!

So I decided to try and create a couple of more interesting characters, characters that weren't terrible cliches. A couple are my own ideas, others are heavily influenced by other things, such as:

Brie - Breton mage. Was an aspiring scholar for some time with the College of Winterhold, very successful, on her way to the top. However, a run in and battle with a Necromancer deep in a Nordic ruin left her with a desire to eat human brains. She grew pale and thin but became so much more powerful when she feasted on human flesh. Despite this addiction, she was sure never to eat the remains of all but the most despicable people: murderers, necromancers, worshipers of the more nasty Daedric Princes. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d0/45/62/d0456247b3bae27ed7b3173474e55c27.jpg

Hob - A goblin. I took your regular Orc, made him very skinny with sharp, gaunt features (and the classic hooked nose) and sent him off into the wilderness with a hatchet, fur armour, a hunting bow and a few bottles of ale. He is recognised as blood-kin by the Orcs and accepted into their strongholds, but for the most part he spends his time camping and hunting in the wilds. He's hoping to make enough money scavenging old ruins and caves and by hunting to afford Lakeview manor, where he might live easily and drink himself into a stupor until the end of his days.

Torz - An Orc warchief-turned-pacifist who's taken a keen interest into ancient ruins. He spends much of his time training in Tel Mithryn with Master Neloth, and when it's absolutely necessary for things to get violent, he hires sellswords or enlists the help of a trusted follower (although if the task is particularly dangerous he'll not risk the lives of his friends). He's an avid user of Illusion and Alteration, using these skills to turn the minds of his enemies away from fighting, or if necessary, hiding himself or paralyzing enemies while he makes his escape.

Claire Vaux

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:15 am

With the Breton Mage would you start at the College and have her becoming a successful mage… Because that would be interesting… Then some event happens then she leaves and goes down her dark path… I assume she plays with conjuration so maybe she got a thrill at the taboo of raising the dead… Or maybe on the Colleges version of spring break she visits the shrine of Namira…

carly mcdonough

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:25 pm

I am really having a blast playing my assassin/thief conjurer Breton. Completed DB quests and half way thru the TG quests. Shadowmere is great horse and Cicero is a riot.

Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:05 pm

I had this idea of a Kahjiit who when 3 escaped from a slaver who had destroyed there caravan and was raised by the DB he grew in assassination techniques and lethal poisons he became the leader of the the DB and after many years he decided to cooperate with the thieves guild to rule Skyrim they managed through much trickery to put their plan into action but when they had conquered Skyrim they grew very greedy and wanted all Tamriel disaster struck when their Redguard allies turned on them and both factions were destroyed he was then captured and put on a cart to Helgen...

PS: sadly I can't put that into the game so I make do with a lvl 21 Sword and Shield Sneak Kahjiit whos done DB and started TG(barely
Charlotte Buckley

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:48 am

Sula. -- A Forsworn Warrior. One of my failed attempts to play the main quest. Sula had a vision of a faraway place called Helgen. For this I used a mod to make her sit for awhile and then let the vanity cam circle around her to simulate a trance state. Her vision told her Helgen was somewhere in the east, so she set of on a kind of vision quest to find this place.

It took ages to get there because we had so many adventures along the way. But she finally found Helgen only to discover it lay in ruins. A journal asked her to warn Riverwood. Gerdur in Riverwood asked her to warn Whiterun. While in Whiterun she joined the Companions. She felt at home with them. She lived out the rest of her days as Harbinger of the Companions.

A big part of my fascination with her was playing a character who was initially prejudiced against non-Forsworn, but through her interactions with the people she met along the way she was able to discover that people, Forsowrn and non-Forsworn alike, are pretty much the same everywhere.

Amaryis. -- Tavern wench. This was yet another attempt to play the main quest. Amaryis' parents were adventurers who had been killed near Rorikstead. Mralki found her and raised her as a daughter in the Frostfruit Inn. She helped out at the inn until she became dissatisfied with the life of a barmaid and decided to open up her own tavern in Helgen.

She set out for Helgen with her mother's sword and an amulet given to her by her father. She too found Helgen in ruins. After informing Whiterun she retrieved a sword for a Whiterun citizen and realized that she preferred the life of an adventurer to the life of an Innkeeper.

Amaryis spent the rest of her game exclusively doing Bounty quests, Thane quests and any other miscellaneous quest she could find. Travelling to Helgen was meant to kick off Skyrim's main quest but by that point Amaryis had acquired a mind of her own. She wanted to be an adventurer like her parents and categorically refused go do the Bleak Falls Barrow quest.

Amaryis eventually settled down, a wealthy woman, on a small farm outside Solitude. I recreated her as an NPC and she can be found puttering about her farm in my later games.
Anna Beattie

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Yeah, she had about eighty hours put into her before she became a 'zombie'.

Erika Ellsworth

Return to V - Skyrim