Your one biggest gripe.

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:29 am

What was the one thing you hated the most from the previous TES games that you would like to see them change for the next games?

I was listening to the podcast and heard Todd say "I've read many complaints about our games and we have exactly the same opinions" (or sumthing like that), But they cant have thought of them all. Why did they make the same mistakes in Fallout 3 as they made in Oblivion? If its something small that everyone has a problem with including Bethesda, why cant they fix it in a patch? There was what, 2 patches for Oblivion? And so many things were left unfinished or broken.

The one biggest problem for me was the 'Lighting'. I hated the lighting in oblivion and Fallout 3. No shadows on terrain, No soft lighting, The light colour was too orange, The dark dreas were not dark enough, and there is no shadow desnsity merging (The Closest to that was the shading on the faces which was realy just 3 shadows on top of each other and looked horrible).

What you got issues?
sharon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 am

It's a little thing, but it always bugged me how rain phased through rooves, canopies, and any sort of cover in an outside cell. I know nothing about graphics or game development, so I understand this may be incredibly difficult to fix, but all the same it bugs me. As I am a roleplayer, I will often dart for cover during a rainstorm.
Dark Mogul

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:01 pm

It's a little thing, but it always bugged me how rain phased through rooves, canopies, and any sort of cover in an outside cell. I know nothing about graphics or game development, so I understand this may be incredibly difficult to fix, but all the same it bugs me. As I am a roleplayer, I will often dart for cover during a rainstorm.

going off what you said lust it always bugged me when i saw plants going through rocks and walls. Which i know is crazy hard to fix but it took me out of the immersion. Like when your running in 3rd person and your torch goes through the walls and inside of them.
lolly13

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:05 pm

the first thing i think of is the loot. It seemed like in Morrowind, if you braved a deep/dangerous dungeon, you could find unique/high level items...even if you were a relatively low level. This was pretty much abandoned in Oblivion and needs to come back. Loot being exclusive to your level was a huge mistake.

on a related note of exploring being rewarded, remember the shipwrecks in Morrowind? Why didn't they have more of that stuff in Oblivion? Pretty much the only thing you could find in Oblivion's waters were worthless pearls. I can remember exploring those wrecks in Morrowind, and not finding anything too great until i happened upon a random one containing a daedric weapon onboard.

More hidden unique items.....more dungeons/caves that tell stories!!! (with handwritten notes, clues, etc.) Once again, Oblivion had a small amount, but more of them would make dungeons more unique and exciting.
Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 am

This is an Ideas and Suggestions topic by another name. Let's use the existing one please.
Sammi Jones

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion