Zero Weight Items

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:19 pm

Is there any way to take the theft icon off of zero weight items?? Letters to be exact.. I found alot of interesting notes and I want to use them for deco. but it doesnt look right with everything belonging to me but the letter.

And isnt it silly that the Inn-keep at the Roxey Inn has a quest for you to deal with a necromancer when she has a bar full of mercenaries, 2 imperial legion officers, and one guy who is madly in love with her who just so happens to be a heavy armor master?? Wouldnt it be simple to ask one of them instead of waiting for me to show my face.. lol.. Just thought that was a weird quest giver.
DAVId Bryant

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:57 am

try selling them to a one of the people who buys stolen items
then buy it back that normal works
Daniel Holgate

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:34 am

No that doesnt work. When I sell it to them, it usually disapears from their inventory. I think cuz it is worthless and they cant sell it back to me because it doesnt cost anything. Wheres the profit for them? So they discard it.. Any other ideas??
Kevin Jay

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm afraid it's probably not possible then.
Andrea P

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 am

I'm afraid I agree.

Selling and buying back an item from a fence removes the flag, but only works if the item has value.

Enchanting the item removes the flag, but you can't enchant a letter.

Turning a stolen ingredient into a potion/poison will remove the flag, but alas, this is not posssible with a letter either.

:(
Peter P Canning

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 am

The red hand only shows up in your inventory. If you place the stolen letter in your home, it will just look normal.
BaNK.RoLL

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:39 am

I have many tangentially related questions that I've wanted to ask over the past months, and this thread seems like as good a place as any. After playing the game a lot I'm still a bit baffled by some of these more subtle points about the less utilitarian items (zero weight items, zero septim-value items, items that you cannot equip or enchant, etc.)

What reason is there to do anything except read a letter? Would someone want to plant it in an NPCs inventory or something?

What are all the zero weight items in the game: letters, torches, quest items, anything else?

Apart from their obvious purposes: carrying messages or creating light, do these things have any other sneaky/clever purposes that I've yet to realize?

I noticed there is a mod where having a hand scythe in your inventory increased your proabilty to successfully harvest a plant, which made me wonder if having a calipers and tongs in there while wearing a blacksmiths apron makes my Armorer skill more efficient?

Other than atmosphere is there any real purpose to all those zero Septim-value items (brooms, hourglasses, stone cups, bones, skulls, etc.). I'm betting they probably have no purposes other than to create atmosphere, which is understandable though slightly disappointing.
Guy Pearce

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:13 pm

What are all the zero weight items in the game: letters, torches, quest items, anything else?

I noticed there is a mod where having a hand scythe in your inventory increased your proabilty to successfully harvest a plant, which made me wonder if having a calipers and tongs in there while wearing a blacksmiths apron makes my Armorer skill more efficient?

There are some clothing articles with zero weight. Enchanting one with a harmful effect and then reverse pickpocketing it on someone can kill them.

As for tongs and calipers, there is a quest for them in the Shivering Isles. Otherwise I don't think they help anything. I'm not entirely sure on that though. 'Cause I think a pick-axe actually helps your success rate of getting silver nuggets from mines (as well as potentially getting more nuggets per vein). I heard that somewhere once, but not entirely sure about it. Edit: scratch that misinfo. Just read the UESP Wiki and it says that it doesn't have any effect on mining.
Richard Dixon

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:09 pm

It would totally make sense if having a scale with weights, and an hourglass in your inventory would help with alchemy.

But then again, it would make sense if you had to actually SETUP alchemical equipment on a table or workbench with apropriate ambient lighting and temperature and then work for some minutes or hours to make a potion, instead of the way it actually works: you can make hundreds of potions instantaneously while underwater in the dark riding a horse . . .
Setal Vara

Return to IV - Oblivion