E3 2016 Thread

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:43 am

Indeed. I generally ignore scores and instead pay attention to what the assorted critics are actually saying. Trusted sources and untrusted ones alike. Even a glowing review can reveal details that will render a game completely undesirable to me.

Mario Alcantar

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:20 am

In the past it has been used to arrogantly dismiss other people's opinions. Immature posters are to blame.

Makenna Nomad

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:14 am

Yeah I figured that's why it was, just struck me as a bit funny, I rarely run across the sites auto-filter, and that was the first time I've had it happen in a very long time, kinda caught me off-guard when I went back to re-read and edit my post for any spelling/grammatical errors.

Ahh, I must admit then, I'm a bit confused as to why you used that in your post to defend Fallout NV by showing off it's metacritic scores.

Elina

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:27 am

Er, I wasn't posting the Metacritic scores to defend New Vegas per se. I was demonstrating precisely why Metacritic scores are a poor criteria to justify one's view of a game's quality on by pointing out the inconsistencies in Stealthblade's reasoning.

Stealthblade is of the opinion that New Vegas is the worst Fallout game and that it's a poor product, and he said that its low ratings compared to the other games is a reflection of that. So I poked holes in that logic by using it against him (i.e. posting the Metacritic scores of Fallout games he liked or at least considered better).

For example, I pointed out that the PC version of Fallout 4 has the same score as the PC version of New Vegas (84), which would mean that if an average score of 84 means NV is a poor game, then logically, FO4 would also have to be, even though it isn't in Stealthblade's eyes. Similarly, I showed that NV's four DLCs, which Stealthblade liked and feels redeemed NV, actually had lower scores (70, 66, 82, and 52), which only further contradicts his claim. And so on.

As I said in that same post:

Should be noted that I personally consider New Vegas a great game, and love all of its DLCs. So no, Metacritic scores from professionals and users alike mean nothing to me. If this tripped you up:

...I was mostly pointing out it's absurd for a game to be considered bad by the (untrustworthy) journalist crowd if its average score is as high as that. Poor wording on my part.

Milad Hajipour

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:23 am

Wow, how in the flying heck did I miss that. LOL. My bad man, I'm absolutely blind sometimes I guess ><. Forgive me for my idiotic blunder ^^.

Richard Thompson

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:19 am

Just to expand on this:

1. I agree, NV had better factions than any Bethesda game post-Morrowind (which I cant comment on, been too long since I played it). Best Fallout story so far too. FO3 and FO4 though are on par with exploration (though many say they were better than NV).

I had the PS3 version. My friend did too but he got his upon release. It was a buggy mess, but there were reasons for that (mainly a forced development cycle and rushed release date). I picked it up later on after a couple patches and it was VERY stable. Only Fallout 4 compares in stability, and vanilla Oblivion, on the PS3. Only when DLCs were added did it become buggy again.

Case and point: when other devs worked using the gamebryo engine on PS3, they got their games to work. When Bethesda touched them, they became worse (sometimes much worse).

------------------------------------

So am I the only one that is mega excited about Kojima stretching his creative muscles again? That trailer looked very good.
Olga Xx

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:30 am

I'd love to see what Kojima's up to now that he's finally free of Metal Gear once and for all. But that...thing he produced doesn't say a damn thing, and Hideo is a notorious troll when it comes to advertising and promoting his projects, so I can't really get excited just yet.

Cameron Garrod

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:11 am

No Battlecry mention this year... I wonder if it's being cancelled?

Ashley Clifft

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:51 am

That's kind of what we were all assuming.

Kat Ives

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:08 am

Wasn't it announced they were redoing something to it in 2015?

A rumor I heard is that they probably did cancel it and are now helping iD Software with developing Quake Champions instead.

OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:46 am

Not just free of Metal Gear (which is sad), but more so free from Konami. Seriously, F Konami. I'm a long time Metal Gear fan, and I will probably never buy another title if they ever make another.

Hideo was definitely trolling on that trailer. He trolled Konami.
Emma

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:29 am

I recently acquired an Xbox One for free so I was very interested in what games Microsoft would show at E3. After watching the press conference and then watching the Sony press conference (I also own a PlayStation 4) I think I will just trade the Xbox One in for a PlayStation Neo when it is released. I just don't see anything to get excited for on the Xbox side but on the PlayStation, there are at least 3 games coming up that I want to buy day one, plus there are games out right now that I haven't played yet. I do like the Gears of War franchise but the fourth game coming up didn't really do anything for me.

NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:22 pm

That Zero Dawn game looks very interesting. As a PC guy, I'm very sad it's PS3 exclusive though. :(

Blackdrak

Previous

Return to Othor Games