about ghouls

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:21 am

eventually some grow old and become behemoths. super mutants on the east coast get larger and dumber with age. as far as ghouls go, they live longer, but are not invincible. i read the wiki on this stuff in my free time. try it out. heres a link. type in whatever you want to know and youll get it all.:http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki

Thanks alot when I get Time I while certainley study this
Darlene DIllow

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:07 pm

The trouble with immortality is it takes forever to check on....

At least three ghouls are known to have existed pre-war, making them over 200 years old. Carol from FO3, Roy and his gang from FO3 (there is some question about Roy, but both Bessie and Micheal say they are pre-war), Desmond from Point Lookout, and Harold from FO1, 2 and 3. More could likely exist, but those are the ones I know of. More ghouls appear all the time, all it seems to take is sufficient exposure to the right kind of radiation and you to can join the ranks of the necrotically enhanced. The main problem with getting an accurate census of ghouls is that a large number of them go insane and turn feral. In the end, no one really knows how long a ghoul will live a natural life though.
Jeff Turner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:15 am

No not immortal they just live a bit longer then humans

Yea just a bit
Music Show

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:51 am

ghouls i think wpuld be pretty cool immortality for a skin condition.... sign me up... I'd just find my self a mask or a helmet... hmm ghoul with power armour... it could work
Steven Nicholson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:26 am

More ghouls appear all the time, all it seems to take is sufficient exposure to the right kind of radiation and you to can join the ranks of the necrotically enhanced.

So basically, all that Moira's doing when she tells you to expose yourself to high rad-levels is sending you down the road to beginning ghoulism.

Thanks a lot girl... -.-

(Don't get me wrong, I -love- Moira. The cheerful way with which she persuades you into sending yourself to your doom is just... refreshing *g*)
Benji

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:08 am

You can turn into a ghoul in Fallout 3? That would be tight.
D IV

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 am

Hmm i wonder if there is a cure for ghoulism... thats a word now... maybe you can make a mod that allows you to donate "human samples" to that doctor in the chop shop in underworld.

I doubt you could cure ghoulism, there is just to much damage to the body to be able to reverse the effects. The closest real world illness would probably be leprosy, which is curable, but the sores and wounds that it causes are very hard to heal.
Jade

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:26 am

ghouls i think wpuld be pretty cool immortality for a skin condition.... sign me up... I'd just find my self a mask or a helmet... hmm ghoul with power armour... it could work

Incidentally, ghouls in the original games were incapable of wearing armour or even running. I`m not sure i it`s because they`re too weak or because it hurts too much to having something pressing and chaffing against your open flesh though, or both.
Nicole Kraus

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:41 am

Lenny in FO2 can wear any armor.
Chrissie Pillinger

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion