about ghouls

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 am

Well I dont know alot about the Fallout Universe, I have one little question about ghouls
Are ghouls immortal? because one told a story about 200 years old. It made me curious
(G-yen)

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:31 am

No not immortal they just live a bit longer then humans
Agnieszka Bak

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:09 am

O thanks, and why is that? is it because they being exposed to much from the nuke blast
Tammie Flint

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:59 am

No not immortal they just live a bit longer then humans

super mutants live forever naturally though.
Lucy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 am

super mutants live forever naturally though.

Cool thanks for the information, I am a real noob with the fallout universe ^^
really interesting
Alexander Lee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:04 am

O thanks, and why is that? is it because they being exposed to much from the nuke blast

from the wiki-

edit Biology Ghouls created in the Great War of 2077 were still alive during Fallout (2161), Fallout 2 (2241), and even Fallout 3 (2277). All ghouls live longer than normal humans. It has to do with cellular level, and the ability for some ghoul DNA to make more copies of themselves. In a ghoul, sometimes, additional genetic material is added[1]. The unnaturally long lifespan is also due to a mutation within the autonomic nervous system of certain individuals following exposure to specific combinations of ionizing radiation with wavelengths below 10 picometers. Radiation having such a short wavelength, less than 10 picometers, is known as Gamma radiation and is enormously dangerous to healthy humans. This mutation disrupts the normal process of decay in the neurotransmitters along the spinal cord.

Specifically, the transmitters affected are those responsible for cardiac and respiratory function in a healthy human. These transmitters are continually regenerated after mutation, carrying sufficient oxygen to sustain the life of the subject while being insufficient to retain skin elasticity and avoid necrosis, the result of which is the corpse-like appearance of post-mutation humans.

Ghouls are generally as intelligent as normal humans. However, their repulsiveness makes the life of a ghoul difficult at best - only the most tolerant human communities accept them as anything more than monsters. Some ghouls eventually go mad and are called "feral ghouls", giving all ghouls a bad reputation. These feral ghouls create the misconception amongst regular people that they are Zombies, only alienating Ghouls further.

Ghouls are, naturally, immune to radiation. Radiation poisoning can't really get worse for the ghouls. In fact, many ghouls now are gaining health in radiation, making their homes near locations with acute background radiation. The "Glowing Ones" actually enjoy large amounts of radiation, which they describe as being "comfortably warm".
candice keenan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:37 pm

The more Ghouls you speak to in-game the more you learn about them. :thumbsup:
Amanda Leis

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:16 pm

The more you want to kill because of they way they look and smell like >.>
Lou

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am

Yep start with Gob in Megaton
megan gleeson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Yep I do that allot but they confuse me alot because they are so ignorant agains "smoothskins" :P
I love ghouls I am considering to mod my main character into a ghoul any suggestion which mod?
Mandy Muir

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:14 am

most ghouls came from the blasts in the great war but not all are that old... you can still become a ghoul under the right circustances...
Spoiler
look at moira brown, after megaton nuke shes a ghoul

u gone see

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:22 pm

Yep I do that allot but they confuse me alot because they are so ignorant agains "smoothskins" :P
I love ghouls I am considering to mod my main character into a ghoul any suggestion which mod?

dont mod :( use the ghouls mask make all ghoul no hostily but good ghoul still call u a smothskin

sorry 4 spelling
Greg Cavaliere

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:20 pm

dont mod :( use the ghouls mask make all ghoul no hostily but good ghoul still call u a smothskin

sorry 4 spelling

Yea i got the mask but I want to be a real one lol
bimsy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 am

Yea i got the mask but I want to be a real one lol

what are you a masochist? youd get abused
Ashley Campos

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:19 pm

what are you a masochist? youd get abused

Dont get me wrong, I think they are cool because they have such a hard character. they are like I dont give a [censored] people
I just looked up the word masochist... dude whats wrong with u
Mizz.Jayy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:17 am

if you did not know what masochist meant... i seriously doubt you fit in with the 18 year old rating needed to play fallout 3
Chantelle Walker

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 pm

if you did not know what masochist meant... i seriously doubt you fit in with the 18 year old rating needed to play fallout 3

Maybe my main language isnt english, U know that masochist isnt the kinda word a teacher teaches at school u FAIL
Dalia

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:56 am

Maybe my main language isnt english, U know that masochist isnt the kinda word a teacher teaches at school u FAIL

well gee pardon me for not knowing your life story... but anyway get back on track before we get shut down!
benjamin corsini

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:13 am

I just looked up the word masochist... dude whats wrong with u

lol
Allison C

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:21 pm

well gee pardon me for not knowing your life story... but anyway get back on track before we get shut down!

Yea u better pardon me for giving me this very wierd and strange insult
lacy lake

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:08 am

Hmm i wonder if there is a cure for ghoulism... thats a word now... maybe you can make a mod that allows you to donate "human samples" to that doctor in the chop shop in underworld.
lucile davignon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:04 am

They were around at the time of the initial blast, but did not get killed in the blast. Over time the exposure to high levels of radiation mutated their genes to allow them to adapt to the radiated environment, and somehow these mutations have extended their lives dramatically (barring an attack by the LW).

I think on the PC you can change your faction to that of the ghoul, or affiliate yourself with their faction. (but without a mod you won't look like them, just be able to hang with them).
SiLa

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 am

Yea u better pardon me for giving me this very wierd and strange insult

Don't worry, he wasn't insulting you. Masochist may have been a bad word originally, but now it's usually just associated with someone who enjoys difficulty. If you play FO3 on "very hard", you could be described as a masochist. Shame on your teacher for not teaching you what it means though, it's common usage nowadays.

Hmm i wonder if there is a cure for ghoulism... thats a word now... maybe you can make a mod that allows you to donate "human samples" to that doctor in the chop shop in underworld.

I hope they cure it. I'd love to go on a quest where I can cure the zombies. I hate lookin at them and hearing them whine all the time, and there are too many to kill them all.

Also, I just read while playing through FO1 that there is no cure for FEV because it destroys the original DNA. :( Poor Fawkes, I was really hoping he'd turn out to be a hot chick named Fox. Oh well.
kiss my weasel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:14 am

Poor Fawkes, I was really hoping he'd turn out to be a hot chick named Fox. Oh well.

lol Fox
Vera Maslar

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 am

Cool thanks for the information, I am a real noob with the fallout universe ^^
really interesting

eventually some grow old and become behemoths. super mutants on the east coast get larger and dumber with age. as far as ghouls go, they live longer, but are not invincible. i read the wiki on this stuff in my free time. try it out. heres a link. type in whatever you want to know and youll get it all.:http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki
jodie

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion