Argonians in Skyrim: totally badass or freakin' awesome?

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:12 am

Cold-Blooded animals can't survive up there, I'm sorry. And we all know Dark Elfs are the best. Right?
Roberta Obrien

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:10 pm

It's been years since I read the Argonian Compendium, and I can't find it on The Imperial Library any more, but Argonians are one of the least fleshed-out in official lore of the races as I recall. The Argonian Compendium actually contains significant chunks of "off-the-record" chats with devs rather than official information. They are, however, definitely not warm-blooded, and most likely not fully reptilian.

Edit: found http://z8.invisionfree.com/People_of_the_Beasts/index.php?showtopic=10 posted elsewhere on the net:

BlueDev
Evil Overlord
Reged: 02/12/01
Re: Do Argonians lay eggs? [Re: Vireyar]
#1948270 - 11/10/03 11:04 AM

Quote:
Or because an Argonian says that he didn't hatch yesterday ... *cough* Just a figure of speech, I suppose.
Which is why I said "Perhaps it is both, as necessity demands."

Never underestimate the adaptability of Argonians, or, more specifically, the power of the Hist to allow Argonians to adapt.

I wouldn't expect to hear an Argonian born in Skyrim (or on Solstheim, for that matter) mention being hatched. Nor would I expect to hear more transient Argonians (say, members of a small, nomadic tribe) speak about laying eggs. However, in warmer climates, in places with established, stable, and permanent communities, you would likely see a great number of eggs.

This means that not only can Argonians live in Skyrim, but can be born there.

Thanks!
Sounds encouraging.

*addendum to my earlier post: I can understand it, but I will not be too happy if they are cut.
Suzy Santana

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 am

Just because an animal is a reptile doesn't neccessarily mean they're cold blooded, many sauropod dinosaurs were warm blooded, as are modem sharks and many other species of reptile and fish. For all we know argonians are warm blooded and lay eggs which hatch almost immediatly
P PoLlo

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:10 pm

I hope we can make white Argonians. And not have them glow in the dark like in Obliv
Darlene DIllow

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:29 pm

I predict Argonians will reappear and they will still be bad ass. Even more bad ass than before. And if they don't appear then...time for mods.
Devin Sluis

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:46 am

Cold-Blooded animals can't survive up there, I'm sorry. And we all know Dark Elfs are the best. Right?

-Argonians are, in all likelihood, not fully cold-blooded -- the lore seems to point to that. Real life example of this: Great Whites are not fully cold-blooded and can warm their bodies to above the ambient temperature.

-Argoinians are known to be able to survive in Skyrim.
Angel Torres

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:51 pm

I never played with an argonian, until my newest save in Oblivion. The darkest tone and shade: friggin awesome! I think I might have him return for Skyrim, this time as an assassin instead of necromancer. His name: Frozen-his-Tail-Off
Nathan Maughan

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:31 am

I really hope there will be Argonians in Tes V. They are now without doubt my favourite race.

And Black Marsh is hands down the location I would have liked for the next TES game (hopefully this maybe the case in the future).
Emily Shackleton

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim