[WIPz]Atmospheric Cities

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:20 am

Holy crap that's awesome! That would make a great foundation for a Seyda Neen replacer, then I could focus on the docks...

I'll send it your way tonight then =) I experimented some so worst case scenario is that I may or you may need to vertex recolor the close area, the water. I colored the bottom blue to give any water shader different blue hues. I haven't found perfect colors yet, working on that.

Keep up the great work mate =)
Rusty Billiot

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Ok, bit of a snag. I can open the file in the Construction Set, but it doesn't appear in my Data Files folder and when I try to enable the plugin at the launcher, it tells me it doesn't exist. I've tried saving it to my desktop, and it doesn't appear there either. I don't understand what happened, I was playing with it just this morning and now it's gone. The only thing I can think of is that when I reinstalled Morrowind, it somehow slipped through the cracks, even though I had it backed up. I can enable other plugins, so what happened?
Elizabeth Falvey

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:14 am

Are you on Vista?
sally coker

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:08 pm

Ayup.
Allison Sizemore

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Ayup.

It's weird that it shows up in the Launcher, but won't play, but everything Vista does is weird. I have had similar problems on my laptop.
Your ESP might be here.
(You'll need to have 'Show Hidden Folders' activated.)

Computer/C/Users/"user name"/APP Data/Local/Virtual Store/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Morrowind/Data Files

Hope that helps.
Vista hides MW stuff here sometimes.
Emily Jones

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm fairly sure that I have hidden files showing (Properties/General tab/Attributes/uncheck Hidden, right?), but I can't seem to find the APP Data folder.

EDIT: It's not really the end of the world. I had only put a couple of days into it (and not even full days, maybe a grand total of like 7-10 hours) into it, and it had some issues anyway, I'll just do it again. Maybe this one will be even better :D

In the meantime, though, here's a completely unrelated diversion of mine:

http://imperial-library.info/gallery/mw_TAoM_p07.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/spaceinvader91/ghostgate1.jpg?t=1251486836

Is it just me or is that middle statue holding a Daedric Crescent?
Oscar Vazquez

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm fairly sure that I have hidden files showing (Properties/General tab/Attributes/uncheck Hidden, right?), but I can't seem to find the APP Data folder.

EDIT: It's not really the end of the world. I had only put a couple of days into it (and not even full days, maybe a grand total of like 7-10 hours) into it, and it had some issues anyway, I'll just do it again. Maybe this one will be even better :D

In the meantime, though, here's a completely unrelated diversion of mine:

http://imperial-library.info/gallery/mw_TAoM_p07.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/spaceinvader91/ghostgate1.jpg?t=1251486836

Is it just me or is that middle statue holding a Daedric Crescent?

Just in case you want to find it anyways, try this to get all hidden folders to show.
Open Control Panel
Click Folder Options (might have to be in 'Classic View' for the icon to show up)
Click the View tab
Click Show hidden files and folders

Ghostgate definitely needs a facelift. The concept at makes it looks so much grander and intricate. And yeah, it does look like a Daedric Crescent.
marina

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:03 am

...And there it is. Despite my earlier boasting, I'm quite relieved to have it back. Thanks for the tip :) New Balmora screens tomorrow, probably (I'm going to be out of the house until midnight).
Aaron Clark

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:22 am

is it compatible with balmora expanded?
Emily Jones

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:21 pm

is it compatible with balmora expanded?

Most probably not.
Valerie Marie

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Haven't tried because I don't use BE. I would imagine no, however.
Brian LeHury

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi,

Great idea! I love mods that add interesting and unobtrusive detail to the towns.

If you consider doing any other towns, I highly recommend Caldera. As someone else said, there is an expansion mod called Better Caldera, however its changes are too drastic, overdone and cluttered.

But Caldera has a lot of potential for subtle outdoor detail, especially since it is one of the emptiest towns in the game in that sense. And it has a strong theme to build off - It is a mining town that sprung up not too long ago to take advantage of the local resources, with disgruntled workers and a rich governor's estate overlooking it. But there are no tools lying around, no signs of recent construction activity, it's too 'clean' for a mining town etc.
Austin Suggs

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:17 am

Oh, I just noticed. Lucien, if you got the file I sent you, you have to have the most recent version of MP 1.6.4. I somehow based it of that and now it want's it also as master.
Carlitos Avila

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:00 pm

What's MP 1.6.4?
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:06 pm

What's MP 1.6.4?

Umm.

Morrowind Patch Project
Kortknee Bell

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:43 pm

Oh, haha, shouldn't that be MPP then?
xemmybx

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Oh, haha, shouldn't that be MPP then?

Yes, very true. I just couldn't remember until now what it stood for =)
Talitha Kukk

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Update time!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/spaceinvader91/AtmosphericBalmora9.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/spaceinvader91/AtmosphericBalmora8.jpg

For High Town, the ground textures made it already look more "upper-class" than the rest of the city, so I mainly used lights to differentiate it. Now, it positively glows at night, giving the Hlaalu elite some piece of mind against thieves who use Light Based Sneaking :P I also added some flora (bushes and ivy, for the most part), and more of those awnings.

On the other hand, I've taken away many of the lights found in Labor Town and added dark lighting to give it more shadows. In other words, a thieves' paradise if you can find anything worth stealing :D

I think I'm getting fairly close to a release on this, maybe later today or tomorrow. I'm starting to run out of ideas, and it would be nice to get some input from the community.
Emmanuel Morales

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:13 pm

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/spaceinvader91/AtmosphericBalmora8.jpg

Nice to see it won't conflict with NoM, which adds a Well, about where the guard is standing.

I don't use Balmora expansions, except Vality's trees, but I will definitely download this for the atmosphere.
Avril Louise

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:46 pm

Download pending at PES.
tegan fiamengo

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:13 pm

I just downloaded and tried this http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=7828.

I think it is brilliant, you have really captured the feel you were going for and brought Balmora to life! I am certainly going to use this from now on. I will also move some of the spawn points in my NPC mod so there are no conflicts with this and my NPC's. Also in regards to compatability might I suggest moving the baskets outside casius's house left about 2 yards as they currently conflict with a barrel from NOM. Apart from that my only suggestions would be to add some more exciting greetings to the npc's you have added to really bring them alive and also perhaps rethink the rooftop furnace (I can see why it is there, I am just not sure how the store owner would access it?). Congrats on a truely excellent mod and I look forward to any future mod you make :foodndrink:
BRIANNA

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Looking great Lucien, I love what you did with the Poor and Rich areas, and I like the merchant additions. :thumbsup:
I agree with Starfire about the rooftop furnace. Maybe add a ladder on the side of the shop? It could even be a functioning one.
Also, when I exited the Corner Club onto the balcony, I was kinda in the table that you put there. Maybe move the DoorMarker back closer into the door so you spawn with your back right up against the door.

The hammock under the Silt Strider platform is exactly where a Merchant from MW Crafting has a small stand.
The baskets outside Casius' house should be moved to make room for a water barrel to the immediate left of his doorstep.

I mention these conflicts, because they are for NoM and MW Crafting, which are very popular, and would be easy to work around.
Charlie Sarson

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:30 pm

The next release of my mod will now make sure none of my npc's will spawn on your lovely market stalls. Oh I have already done some tinkering with your mod to make it compatable with the other mods I use. One thing that I have done which you might consider is to edit the path grids for Balmora. It is simple to do and atm you have two key nodes slap bang on your market stalls... its no biggy but it means npcs will try to wander into your stalls and keep jarring against them. If you delete the two nodes in question and reroute some of the paths npcs then will flow around your stalls like they should. Also while I was at it I added path grids down on the the new riverside platforms that you have added. Its cool to see the odd npc break off and head down to stand next to the tables.
laila hassan

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:17 am

Thanks for the feedback :) There are a couple other alcoves under the Strider port, not much of a problem to move his hammock to one of them and maybe add a ladder so he has a way to access it.

In regards to Meldor's shop, it's funny, I wanted to put a ladder and I couldn't find one (coming from Oblivion, Morrowind's CS is so un-user friendly!). I found some ladders while I was working on the dock, and forgot to add one to the side of the shop. Whoops ;)

Similar story in regards to the path grids- I found myself wishing there was a way to make NPCs walk AROUND the stalls, then when I discovered the concept of path grids later in the week, I completely forgot to go back and make the changes I had wanted.

I'll make the changes for compatability sometime this week. I'm off this weekend to go to a concert in Spokane, so I'll try my best to do it sooner rather than later :)

And, finally, I can make a "LGNPC" version of this now that it's out- this first version was meant to fit with an unmodded game, but now that I've gotten a version of it out the door I'll start making optional versions.
anna ley

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Updated version available on PES.
Claire

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind