Automatron: to buy or not to buy...

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:28 pm

if you don't enjoy the game, then this won't magically change your mind, it isn't a sweeping overhaul/massive expansion like far harbor

Erika Ellsworth

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:38 pm

The point is that your definition of "content" is too narrow -- it's not just landmass and plot.

Automatron is a (IMHO) surprisingly deep toolset with some story content to facilitate integration into the whole. I bought the season pass ages ago, but I'd pay $10 for this one on its own, sure.

Matt Bee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:11 pm

hahaha i cant wait for ppl like Enclave to complain about Wasteland workshop

Len swann

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:19 pm

It's also folly to compare price directly against previous game DLC sets -- inflation is a real thing, guys. It just is.

Daniel Lozano

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:43 pm

I would be surprised if we get any "content" in Wasteland Workshop. The most I expect to get is a tutorial quest to show all the new things in Wasteland Workshop. However, it will work great with Automatron since we will be able to create Robot Battle Arenas.
Marie Maillos

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Well if your curiosity is worth $10, then go ahead, otherwise don't. I know if I didn't like playing a game, I wouldn't play it anymore, let alone spend more money on it.

NO suckers In Here

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:13 pm

And with the season pass making WW about $2.50 I'm ok with that lol

Both of these DLC will add a TON of assets for the modding community. And I know that some robot stuff has been a mod before but it isn't close to as robust or good looking. I'm happy with the content that it adds and the potential for modders to make more polished mods using it.

Trey Johnson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Git et itz kewl
Rach B

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:24 am

yeah i guess ppl have different opinions on what "content" is =P

Nana Samboy

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:20 pm

OP the opinions on Automatron are divided into two camps.

If you're the creative and imaginative type, you will like Automatron. The robot workshop is literally creative, and this DLC adds further to Bethesda's goal to create open world games that allow you to create your own story.

If you are not, then yeah, you'll bellyache about this DLC, because its not a gaming company holding your hand telling you more bedtime stories DLC. There's plenty of games and DLCs that do that, in fact the market is oversaturated with those types of games, like Witcher, Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Zelda, etc., Not my cup of tea, I prefer Bethesda games, but you might like them more OP.

And apparently there's quite a few posters who are apparently unaware of those games I guess, and mistakenly play FO4. And strangely feel compelled to complain about it on a FO4 website. Go figure.

Emily Martell

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:50 pm

I say get it. It's a fun add-on, and it's going to give you about 3-5 hours worth of fun, not to mention all the new content with building robots and stuff. You really can't go wrong, unless you were planning to use that $10 for a movie ticket or something. I think it was well worth the buy.

The only bad thing about this DLC is if you have a fairly large back log of games to complete like I do, then you'll still be playing Fallout 4 instead of going to your other games. I still haven't got around to firing up Fallout 1 again for my second playthrough. :P

NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:03 am

Hey, two lattes would cost you more and only last you 15-20 minutes!

Nick Pryce

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:57 pm

For some of us, those lattes are a significant part of our life. :P

Lisa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Your distinction of the two camps is quite biased: the creative type and the NOT. It doesn't sounds to me much fair, because

a) the division is too simplistic.

b ) it does just describe one of the 2 faces

c) the second looks just like "the wrong part"

We don't live in a Sergio Leone's "the bad, the good and the ugly" movie in which "there are two types of persons..."

I've not said "Fallout 4 is crap". To be more specific, the enjoyment curve has dropped down very quickly, more or less, towards lvl 60. I can't say the real number of gameplay hours I've passed because I was playing it on PS4 and this detail is not available. There are some good points in this game, but they aren't enough in the long term. I haven't tried the "survival overhaul" yet, bu it seems, for a free patch content, a good new feature. I've played Skyrim and it was great; its dlcs are just ok, with some good features and some lame ones. With Automatron I'm still hoping for a good chunk of quality content and not expecting a great gameplay overhaul.

candice keenan

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:59 am

cool , thanks for the tip

Sista Sila

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:16 pm

OP you could also look up clips about the DLC to give you a much better idea of what to expect. plus if you do get it maybe wait until after the new hardcoe mode is out to do so because having a combat oriented robot follower does make the base game easier.
Lilit Ager

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:54 am

Since this is G D forum I may be carefull to not spoil, but I was played the dlc for 8 hours. Reloading alot because I did not like mine progress as example (and I was killed alot - very hard with no op armor/weapons), using too much stimpacks/missiles not good either. We got new kinds of hostiles, bots and some raider types. A new radiant quest as well. Today I went to some of these locations to bring the P A and mini game. Yes, a new minigame. We can also make our own bots. We are able to hack these other bots, but unless having mod or using game commands, these bots will be hostiles to almost everyone you meet, friends or foe. Beside you need to do some changes before you bring these bots to settlements, at least these Assaultrons. So, dlc worth the money.... I think so (there are so much useless crap I buy for money - I could drink less Pepsi - save money for dlcs).

Cheers,

-Klevs

Gisela Amaya

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:03 pm

I personally don't think it's worth 10$, but it's fine for what it is I guess.

Ah yes, bash people who feel Automatron isn't worth the price or that good and praise the people who do to fit your bias. How classy.

Chloe Botham

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:11 am

Wow bashing others opinions because you don't like it. Go figure.

This DLC isn't worth it. All these features besides for the 3 quests are done in mods already. I bet the majority of their next DLC ( Wasteland Workshop ) is already done with mods...

Modders can't make a Bethesda world and story and this is why I want them to focus on their strong points. I built a few robots already and guess what they do. Nothing and I don't travel with them because they're slow and their AI is just as bad as regular companions..

mike

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:49 pm

It is possible that Captain was referring to the 'creative and imagination type' as the build of the character. No?

If he was talking about the gamer, well, none of these games require imagination. Really we are just sitting back and playing. Try writing a fan-fiction. Now that is hard.

OP-

Sounds to me that you should not waste anymore money on a game you do not like. Certainly not one that has the game play still within the same game world. Far Harbor could be a little better for you if you are looking for a fresh experience. For those who are enjoying Fallout but have not bought the dlc I would most certainly recommend it.

I really enjoy dlc that adds assets to the game. Assets that mods can use.

мistrєss

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:13 pm

I liked it,

but then I have a positive outlook on life :banana:

and am not compelled to spend my life complaining and spaying bile and misery over everything I encounter. :brokencomputer:

Your mileage may vary.

Rudy Paint fingers

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:35 am

FYI. It's says it under the save game file when you save the game. It lists how may days and hours played. Obviously divide the number of days to get total hours.
Josephine Gowing

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:52 am

It's really depends on you whether you like it or not, whether you think it worth your bucks or not.

Music Show

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:17 pm

I personally didn't like this dlc much and whit out season pass, it would be total waste of money.

1 quest whit 2 hours of gameplay. New useless weapons and useless armor. I say useless, because there is no reason why use them if you are looking for best damage. You can get much more damage out of other weapons. Building robots is not interesting at all.

But if you think back F3 and NV dlcs, most of them weren't that good either. Only few added something interesting to the game, so I bet this will be the case whit F4 too

Scott

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:42 am

Its a DLC that is centered around building your own robots which it does extremely well. If that appeals to you then yes it is very much worth it.

Benji

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4