Automatron: to buy or not to buy...

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:06 pm

Give them different legs. The Protectron legs are the only slow ones. All other legs will speed up the Robot to your speed or even faster.

Also, the "done in mods" concept is a very bad concept to have... Yes, mods could've done something like this but most modders will not be able to replicate something as good as what Bethesda does with it, and I rather have an official DLC of something, than a weaker/smaller mod version of it. There's also the fact that you won't get much support on the mods anyways so if you have a problem, you're pretty screwed. At least with DLC content, you can get some help from fellow players much easier and possibly catch Bethesda's attention to patch it (if it is something that needs to be patched in).

So, I don't care if "modders can do something like it"... I prefer to have official DLC content over the mod-versions any-day. Plus, this DLC still has a very nice small quest/story to it that was very enjoyable (especially the ending).

LuCY sCoTT

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:22 pm

On the whole Automatron was underwhelming to me as a quest. It reminded me of the Antagonizer vs Machinist in FO3. I do like that I can build robots, and after learning I can assign them tasks, it makes it worth the money. I built Spectacle Island as a personal retreat with no settlers save the few companions I send there once I max out their affinity. Now I can build robots to harvest food and adhesive farming, water production, and defense without giving up my solitude, and send all my old companions, (except Cait) off to other settlements. Once I finish surrounding the place with concrete,and my pier, I will have my Fortress of Solitude!

My blood

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:05 pm

Huh. I am using Spectacle Island as an "Evil Island" where I send annoying Settlers and Retired Provisioners to for experiments, and the next DLC (Arena stuffs). Hadn't built anything there though yet but will be building all sort of crazy stuffs for sures.

Kaley X

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Mmm.. I thought it was a good DLC and it was certainly better than Anchorage, Mothership Zeta and Hearthfire. I dunno if I would have purchased it if I didn't get the season pass for $25 though since the robot customization wasn't that big of a deal to me.

You get a few weapons that are good early on (until you get a Gauss rifle), I didn't care for the armor and the tesla armor was a joke (just a T-60 with lightbulbs), you can make a bunch of robots for settlements, but unless you want a robot companion it wasn't impressive (I like humanoid companions).

If you thought the above listed DLC were worth the price, then I'd recommend getting Automatron.

Ladymorphine

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Nah. Go play CoD.

Cccurly

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:12 pm

It appears someone has challenged my sarcastic ways, we'll played
lucile davignon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:39 pm

I enjoyed this DLC. I hope everyone knows there is more to the story if you read the terminals. Not more content but more explanation of what's going on.

I found some of the battles pretty intense. I believe I faced at least 4 legendary robots going through the building to get to the Mechanists.

I plan on building one robot just for transporting all my junk when I go scavenging.
Dj Matty P

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Yes buy one! Hell buy seven!!!!!!

Rich O'Brien

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:38 pm

I rather have a smaller lesser version of this as a mod with more DLCs similar to Far Harbor or even Fallout 3/NV DLCs. I want stuff to add more to the game. Robot companions is small added things that mods do already. Wasteland Workshop is already a paid mod DLC.

Laura Wilson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:30 pm

If 10$ is something that you need to debate spending you should be looking for a job instead of playing games.
Yvonne

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:30 pm

What does their wanting to spend the money or not have to do with job situation?

The person is trying to figure out if its worth it to them by fishing for information no doubt.

I dunno where you live but 10$ can still buy a lot and would you spend 10$ on something you didn't like? I doubt it. :)

Devils Cheek

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Dat burn though!

(Sorry, I had too)
Alexandra Louise Taylor

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:35 pm

You're going to starve to death because you spent your last food stamps on dlc.
Alexandra Ryan

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 am

Automatron adds a lot more to the game than Anchorage (Fallout 3's first DLC, which was also 10$ at launch). Anchorage was a compelling story, kinda. Maybe. Depends on how you look at it, since the story was just a simulator and wasn't even real, so ye'h. It was an interesting and fun experience, but it didn't do much... It's more of an easy 1-3 hour long story and you get a bunch of items at the end. Most of these items people don't really use and they just ended up being added on. Automatron adds in it's own 1-3 hour long story but also the robot customization, new actual areas, new factions to find randomly in the wasteland, and so on...

I rather have Automatron, which gives me the 1-3hour long story but also gives me a crap ton of extra playtime and enjoyment via everything it has added to the base game than an Anchorage DLC which was just a small story and nothing else... Which was most of Fallout 3's smaller DLCs. They were just one area, one small story, etc and were completed easily but added almost nothing to the base game except for the rewards for doing them... I rather have Automatron over those DLCs. This is even including The Pitt!

Automatron is literally on the same level of those DLCs... Just adds a lot more to the actual base-game rather than just one area, some items, and one short questline. Plus, honestly, the questline of Automatron was very enjoyable like the Pitt's and much more enjoyable for sure than Anchorage (Anchorage was fun at first but got boring quickly. Mothership Zeta was just flat-out annoying to do in general and I strongly disliked that DLC).

So, you want more stuff added to the game? That's EXACTLY what Automatron does better than Fallout 3's and New Vegas's minor DLCs... Automatron adds a lot more to the base game than those DLCs has ever done because all of those DLCs were treated as separated beings. You do their questline, get some rewards, and was done with it. The only time you may go back to those areas was for specific reasons (Pitt's ammo press for example) or you couldn't even return at all...

Campbell

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:18 pm

It's worth it, I think this DLC makes the whole season pass worth for me, and for that I am happy.

However I will be honest with you, regardless of my opinion, you are a different person with your own personal tastes. If I were in your position I would not buy it, I don't think I would ever buy a game that makes me doubt of its content and that does not fully convince me, much less a DLC. And I would not trust anyone's opinion, only direct facts about what the game includes. If you already know what this DLC has to offer and you are still not sure about it, then you better save your money.

But I tell you, I'm really enjoying it a lot.

Gisela Amaya

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:52 pm

CoD has become very boring lately. I prefer the Grand Theft auto series. San Andreas rocks.

Jenna Fields

Previous

Return to Fallout 4