Automatron DLC lacking?

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:36 pm

- I got through the quests in one night with a level 50 character and a kitted out robot companion.

- And while the robot crafting is extensive.. players will usually gravitate to "endgame" - using the best robot parts over weaker variants, often opting for sentry, alot of players running the same kinds of setups.

- The DLC is freaking glitchy even for bethesda, atleast on xbox one. Several instances of having the same companion robot following me even when dissmissed, my face permanently being red when hit by a robots fire-based weapon, robot companions having an awful sence of direction.

- To top that.. The weapons are just gimmics that have no real value over say, using an assult rifle in retrospect.

- one new set of armour that can still be nerfed by other endgame armours or ballistic weave clothes

I enjoy the DLC and i have full faith in bethesda to add alot to the game long-term, dont get me wrong.

But it all seems a little.. Lacking for a (recent fallout or) bethesda game. It seems they rushed it out just to appease people.

Not sure if i like where the industry itself is headed,
remi lasisi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:04 pm

I also agree that the DLC is lacking. Very little content for the price of $10

Jarrett Willis

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:56 pm

There we go boys. Just to remind you all, Season Pass cost more than basic game right now so in theory it should bring as much content as base game. In practice...well...

Maddy Paul

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:02 pm

..Fallout 4 costs 60 dollars, the season pass originally costed 30 dollars and that's because they were originally going to do what they did with skyrim and do the usual 3 dlc. Season pass costs 50 dollars now and the package will include Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor AND more dlc that has yet to be announced that will equal to 60 dollars of content. Automatron was certainly ten dollars of content, hell most game companies give us LESS for ten dollars, some charge ten dollars for a stupid alternative skin.

The DLC was most certainly not lacking. The writing was good, the new items are all sorts of fun and being able to literally build an endless amount of robots with a very extensive list of parts is worth the ten dollars.
Flash

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm

I was thinking this.

Given physical retail in america was usually 60$ i believe? I'd say ALMOST twice the game of content.

Im not sure if this is all just filler till the third.. Because they're claiming thats the biggest DLC landmass they've ever done.

Im completely fine with DLC like this, if the season pass' price holds its worth. A few DLC with cool additions with a few large-scale ones suits me fine.

I am alot less hopeful for next month though.. Considering its half the price of this DLC.
Alexander Horton

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:45 am

The DLC delivered what it said it would deliver. Nothing less, nothing more. This entitlement needs to stop.

cutiecute

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:04 pm

That's what I want. If I knew I had another 2 big DLCs behind Far Harbor I wouldn't care so much for them doing this and wasteland.

Dan Wright

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Did you play fallout 3 or new vegas? Or oblivion?

You'd have got ALOT more for what youd pay in relation to price.

Theyre kinda trading in a whole bunch of items and gameplay for a few gimmicks and graphics.

The mechanist is what.. 3/4 quests before you meet and confront the person?

I mean, admittedly, with a new character it'd take me longer than with an already setup guy but.. Its still not alot.
Betsy Humpledink

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:21 am

The only lacking part of the DLC, for me, is lacking Eyebot customizable companions. I wanted to make ED-E V2.0 so muchly.

Agnieszka Bak

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:31 am

You can use 'em for scavs though. Kinda cool. Once you beat that person go into his rooms and theres a blueprint that'll show up next to the new workbench in outside settlement building. Needs power though
Annick Charron

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:17 am

Cheaper than two value meals at McDonalds. And only 10% more radioactivity.

Jesus Lopez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Automatron isn't, and was not advertised, as the same kind of DLc as the NV and FO3 ones. Automatron is about Robot Customization, with the quests and new items being a bonus not the main dish. When one bought the season pass for 30$, it was not even revealed that Automatron would have quests and a lot of people thought that it would have ONLY robot customization.

At most, you paid 5$ (3$ more likely) for those quests and 5$ (7$ more likely due to how detailed it is) for the robot Customization

Far Harbor is advertised as the same type of DLC as the FO3 and NV DLC so that one should be compared with them.

katie TWAVA

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Meh, I still want it, looks cool to me.

I mean, crafting robots? Genius!
Harry Leon

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:38 pm

The only thing the Automatron DLC lacks is the ability to build Eyebots. I am sorely disappointed I can't build one, ironic considering how many are in the quest.

As for the rest, I wasn't walking in expecting much, so I'm satisfied for what it delivered. It is sort of nice to be able to build all different types of bots, but the biggest gripe I have with them is every damn one of them gets in the freaking way, so I won't be taking any along as companions.

An Eyebot would have been awesome, Bethesda.

I'd really like to know why this wasn't a build option.

Marine Arrègle

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Don't forget the, totally justified, lack of securitrons! Where are my T.V robots!?

Mistress trades Melissa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:56 pm

Automatron not worth ten dollarydoos?

Let's see here...

New Armor Set (Three varieties there of)

Four new weapons (That I've found thus far)

Two new enemy groups in the Wasteland

Brand new fully voiced companion

A new quest chain

New locations and assets created specifically for those locations

The ability to create in game NPCs that can either fill out a settlement or accompany you as you see fit, fully customizable and able to be effective pack mules.

Were these things all user created mods and you tipped said mod authors a buck per mod, you'd still be saving a dollar for the amount of content in that DLC.

Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Securitrons makes sense why they aren't in the DLC...

But not having modify-able Eyebot companions is an outrage-worthy of mistake! Hell, even the Mechanist has his own Eyebot companion named Sparky. WTH Bethesda?

michael danso

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:02 pm

Tell me about it. And all the other DLC out there that make Oblivion's horse armor look a wise purchase these days as well. *cough* EA *cough*

Charleigh Anderson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Oh come on, you know that you want two "heroes" no one cares about on Star Wars Battlefront for 60 bucks.
Dawn Farrell

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:31 am

Lacking really????

Man ppl just want whole new game for 10$ now lol.

Well the DLC deliver what it promise and it was really good. And not only that it add to the core game, something that other DLC dont do.

lolli

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:14 pm

hahaha best ones are 1 day one DLC about companions that add big part of the main campaign -.- Bioware Javik DLC.......

le GraiN

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:51 am

Automatron is great. It's what Bethesda promised and more. People need to stop acting so high and mighty like they deserve everything and nothing is good enough for them.

Betsy Humpledink

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 pm

u crazy???????? dev should be slave of us "players" and make new games for just 10$, dont eat, sleep, or have lives.

Just work and work and work till they only make more and more new games for 10$

Rachael Williams

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:08 pm

If i go by your logic:

Automatron is 4 quests and a seperate customisation system for 10 dollars.

So for far harbour should i do the math of x2.5?

Which makes 12 quests and still not enough work for "their biggest landmass", regardless of customisation.

That sounds awful for "their biggest".

It isnt worth what its priced at, all im saying. Not that they falsly advertised or the DLC doesnt live up to what they promised. But for 10$ in terms of past content its not worth it by far.

Again, im fine with stuff like this, if the season pass has a decent mix of content - some large and some adding stuff like this that gives a FEW cool new additions instead of anything i can get lost in like wasteland boston again.
Mr.Broom30

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Who said any of this? All people said is it's worth $5 not $10. You guys are acting like people wanted it to be Fallout 5 or something ?

Marcus Jordan

Next

Return to Fallout 4