Being a Vampire Lord and a regular Vamp

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:29 am

Actually, Cinco is right. There is absolutely no reason to bother feeding. Just look back at the trailer and you'll understand why. Personally, I like the change, but what he's saying is perfectly accurate.

That's how you unlock vampire perks though. Including the one that makes it so villagers don't attack level four vampires in sight.
Alexander Horton

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:49 pm

And on the 26th, you'll all be able to see for yourselves.

Also once it's Officially released (and not even one minute before) we'll be able to actually answer a few questions about it once we're not held in check by the NDA.

Your wait is almost over. Tuesday will be here before you know it.
Becky Palmer

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Ha! Pouting? Is that how you read my post? I assure you child, I will be far from...pouting. I will be enjoying my game thoroughly...tonight and in 34 nights from now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybh6IIenkGo&feature=player_embedded
Now that is a nice mod.
Dylan Markese

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:50 pm

That's how you unlock vampire perks though. Including the one that makes it so villagers don't attack level four vampires in sight.

I'm pretty sure that Todd said that you don't have to feed in the normal sense. Also, I don't believe that's a perk.

@Big Punisher:

The part where the sun gets blocked out. It would appear that they have an animation from it, so why not?
carla

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:53 pm

They said in E3 that Stage 4 vamps no longer pull aggro from the populace. This has been well known for almost a full month now.
Bad News Rogers

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41 pm

I like it alot now, I cant wait to try it out and sure even if u dont get attacked at level 4 it gives me more of a reason to feed since it accually does what it is suppoused to and recovers ur health for once. very excited for this :D
Monique Cameron

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Don't get me wrong. And please realize, that I only pick in jest at the new VL feature. That's because I don't feel like it will fit my playstyle. I am not slamming those that welcome that. How and what you like to do is your thing and I can respect that.

I am very pro choice in games.Because that gives one the opt to out. I just don't care for changing the mechanics of something across the board in mid flight. I hope it is isolated to just the characters that become a VL character.
Maria Garcia

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:01 am

I'm pretty sure that Todd said that you don't have to feed in the normal sense. Also, I don't believe that's a perk.

@Big Punisher:

The part where the sun gets blocked out. It would appear that they have an animation from it, so why not?
Ah, I see what you're talking about now. That would eliminate any weakness to being a vampire.
Jack Moves

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Ah, I see what you're talking about now. That would eliminate any weakness to being a vampire.

Almost. There is the weakness to fire, but that's pretty easy to counteract.
Stefanny Cardona

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 am

Don't get me wrong. And please realize, that I only pick in jest at the new VL feature. That's because I don't feel like it will fit my playstyle. I am not slamming those that welcome that. How and what you like to do is your thing and I can respect that.

I am very pro choice in games.Because that gives one the opt to out. I just don't care for changing the mechanics of something across the board in mid flight. I hope it is isolated to just the characters that become a VL character.

Yes I agree that for people who don't decide to become vampire lords should keep the vanilla vampire stages and conditions/skills etc while people who opt for being a vampire lord should have a different set of rules/abilities for being a "normal" vampire if choosing to become a vampire lord. This would seem to make both parties happy, until you may get some people complaining they HAVE to be a vampire lord for the new "normal" vampire abilities and well, it svcks for them the most in particular. :P
Gen Daley

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:22 am

3 more days T_T
gary lee

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:54 pm

I haven't been a vampire in this game as there hasn't been a real good reason to be.
Anna Beattie

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:45 am

I haven't been a vampire in this game as there hasn't been a real good reason to be.

Try using necromage.
JD FROM HELL

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:10 pm

• Why can't I become a vampire lord?
Joey Bel

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:07 pm

i got a question, what if you transform into a vampire lord in front of civilian, will you get an automatic bounty on you, or will it just be normal when ever you transform back into your original form?
Jade Barnes-Mackey

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:10 pm

i got a question, what if you transform into a vampire lord in front of civilian, will you get an automatic bounty on you, or will it just be normal when ever you transform back into your original form?

You probably get a bounty.
suniti

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Probably be like the werewolves and get 1000 bounty.
Elizabeth Lysons

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Try using necromage.
What all does necromage do that helps a vampire?
Marcus Jordan

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:00 am

Yes I agree that for people who don't decide to become vampire lords should keep the vanilla vampire stages and conditions/skills etc while people who opt for being a vampire lord should have a different set of rules/abilities for being a "normal" vampire if choosing to become a vampire lord. This would seem to make both parties happy, until you may get some people complaining they HAVE to be a vampire lord for the new "normal" vampire abilities and well, it svcks for them the most in particular. :tongue:
Well, and this is "IF" I understand how it may or may not work...Those people that wanted it hat way could just as easily chose to have the ability and just not transform.
Taylor Thompson

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:46 am

What all does necromage do that helps a vampire?

All spells that the player casts become 25% more powerful versus the undead. Vampires are undead. So, what becomes 25% more powerful?
1. All armor enchants.
2. All potions.
3. All spells that you use on yourself (including shouts)
4. Standing stones/perks acquired AFTER this perk.
5. Unfortunately, it also makes the negatives of a vampire 25% more powerful. However, the 25% to everything else easily makes up for that.
Red Bevinz

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Probably be like the werewolves and get 1000 bounty.

has there been any mention of this at all anywhere, cuz this has been one my main questions about VL the whole time, any confirmation?
latrina

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 am

has there been any mention of this at all anywhere, cuz this has been one my main questions about VL the whole time, any confirmation?
Well people will become hostile to you so I assumed you'd get a bounty. Let me go find a link or something...
Verity Hurding

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:21 pm

"One does not simply confirm unreleased content."
Without being sued by the most awesome company ever, that is.

Edit: Although a gameplay video might give you a better picture.
Lucy

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:34 pm

The way there changing it makes it so much better then how it is now, Im mainly exited that I wont be attacked at stage 4

Being attacked at stage four is fairly annoying. In fact, the taking time out me doing quests and such annoyed me so much that I just went and became a Werewolf to get rid of the Vampirisim. However, I still love being a Vampire in these games, and cannot wait for this DLC. I'm stoked to become a Vampire Lord.

In regards to the Gameplay. Keep in mind, everyone likes to play their game differently. If you're the type of person who likes to do all the challanging things, and prefers to see the more complicated side of gaming, then good for you. Video Games are meant to be fun, and you should always do what you enjoy doing. Anyway, getting back on track. I'm glad their keeping the Vampire mechanics and removing the stage four agro. I also like that it seems they will be adding a change to feeding, I mean, I never understood the having to feed on sleeping people. In all Vampire myth you come across, Vampires were never restricted to feeding only on sleeping people. So, I'm glad they seem to be changing this.

I'm wondering if you end up becoming the leader of that Vampire Faction, like all Factions in Skyrim. You always end up becoming the leader of it, is it going to be the same for these two new factions? I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:32 pm

All spells that the player casts become 25% more powerful versus the undead. Vampires are undead. So, what becomes 25% more powerful?
1. All armor enchants.
2. All potions.
3. All spells that you use on yourself (including shouts)
4. Standing stones/perks acquired AFTER this perk.
5. Unfortunately, it also makes the negatives of a vampire 25% more powerful. However, the 25% to everything else easily makes up for that.
If it makes spells 25% more effective against the undead, then how does it improve armor enchantments and potions? Those aren't spells.
Crystal Birch

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim