Being a Vampire Lord and a regular Vamp

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:17 am

So if you are already a stage 4 vampire and you choose to become a Vampire Lord do you think once you exit Vampire Lord form you still be the regular vampire or will it take it away all together?? Also i hope people wont attack me now cause its getting old lol thanks for any info!
^_^

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:57 am

Vampire Lord is a transformation. You'll go back to being a regular vampire when you turn back.

It has been confirmed that while a stage 4 vampire people will no longer attack you, but will attack you if you turn into a vamp lord.
naana

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 am

Ohh ok , thanks so much ..that is great!!!
Claire Lynham

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:19 am

Vampire Lord..is a power like beast form is for werewolves its just Vampires can turn into vampire lord whenever they want and can revert back to their normal Vampire form whenever they want.

If you are a starved Vampire and you turn into a vampire lord and feed on any enemy you will be reverted back to stage 1 when you return to your normal Vampire form, I assume since it'll count as you fed which is a good thing since..unlike how it was previously it seems if you keep yourself fed you become stronger (get perks in the Vampire Lord skill tree) and if you starve yourself well you don't get stronger you get weaker.
joseluis perez

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 am

Ohh ok , thanks so much ..that is great!!!
No problem
BaNK.RoLL

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:30 pm

I got ninja'd for the first response...
Took too long typing it out. v.v
D=
Laura Ellaby

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:24 am

I got ninja'd for the first response...
Took too long typing it out. v.v
D=
I was trying to type fast, because I wanted to be first lol. The competitive side in me was starting to come out lol.
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:22 pm

The way there changing it makes it so much better then how it is now, Im mainly exited that I wont be attacked at stage 4
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:41 pm

cant wait to try it all out..
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:23 pm

@ DOVAHKRO : Ever herd of a town called Winona?

The way there changing it makes it so much better then how it is now, Im mainly exited that I wont be attacked at stage 4
I feel just the opposite. I can't see this being a popular mechanic. It will give no reason the feed. Granted I didn't feed anyway, as to stay at S4, but the whole game SHOULD be out to kill you. It forces you to use your enhanced Illusion ability to Calm NPCs into holding dialog with you. That is the way it should be.

It actually made you feel like a Vampire. Even in TES. In lieu of feeding I would reap the benefits of a special ring that let you feed on fallen enemies. This actually improved your Vamp and made him/her stronger by feeding. All the while staying at Stage 4.

Being AoS at S4 actually implemented strategic gameplay as a Vampire. If this is the case with the Dawnguard release, it will kill all of that. If it just affected the VL characters and left the Vanilla Vampires alone...that's ok with me because I have no desire to play a giant Imp that is carbon-copied from a modern film.
Tamika Jett

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 am

I feel just the opposite. I can't see this being a popular mechanic. It will give no reason the feed. Granted I didn't feed anyway, as to stay at S4, but the whole game SHOULD be out to kill you. It forces you to use your enhanced Illusion ability to Calm NPCs into holding dialog with you. That is the way it should be.

It actually made you feel like a Vampire. Even in TES. In lieu of feeding I would reap the benefits of a special ring that let you feed on fallen enemies. This actually improved your Vamp and made him/her stronger by feeding. All the while staying at Stage 4.

Being AoS at S4 actually implemented strategic gameplay as a Vampire. If this is the case with the Dawnguard release, it will kill all of that. If it just affected the VL characters and left the Vanilla Vampires alone...that's ok with me because I have no desire to play a giant Imp that is carbon-copied from a modern film.

This is the kind of opposition some of us will be faced with on these forums. There will be those who are fine with the changes, and there are those who will scream for Todd Howards blood in a sippy cup because they ruined their WOD-In-TES fantasy.
Tyrone Haywood

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:55 pm

You now feed to become more powerful.
Brιonα Renae

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:27 am

Oh that's a bad thing for a certain breed of gamer. For some into Vampire role play, they don't want power. They want to feel vulnerable and inhuman. They're monsters and they want to feel like monsters, shunned by polite society.
Vampire: The Masquerade gets this kind of flack nowadays with the new editions, which turned Vampires into superheroes with a lethal allergy to sunlight.
Brandon Wilson

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:07 am

If you are already level 81 will you be able to pick the new vampire perks if you have already taken all of your perks?
Logan Greenwood

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Oh that's a bad thing for a certain breed of gamer. For some into Vampire role play, they don't want power. They want to feel vulnerable and inhuman. They're monsters and they want to feel like monsters, shunned by polite society.
Vampire: The Masquerade gets this kind of flack nowadays with the new editions, which turned Vampires into superheroes with a lethal allergy to sunlight.
Yeah, but when it comes to role-play and gameplay, gameplay takes precedence.
Bambi

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:14 am

If you are already level 81 will you be able to pick the new vampire perks if you have already taken all of your perks?
Yes
Alberto Aguilera

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:13 am

no i havent....and i need to use that illusion then , im just now learning how to do all the magic stuff, have had 2 characters and my last one i focused on nothing but melee..
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:01 pm

In the context of video games, I am apt to agree.
Personal horror is seldom done well in video games.
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Well find out just how they went about changing it for your sake itll be the same and change if you choose to be a VL I think thatd be better but personally I cannot wait to experience being a vampire differently now.
Joe Bonney

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:46 pm

But many other people enjoy will enjoy this aspect, I for one have avoided vampirism since oblivion because the benefits never outweighed the detriments. So you go ahead and pout in the corner while the strong majority of people enjoy the new and improved vampires. :bunny:
Annick Charron

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:17 am

Actually, Cinco is right. There is absolutely no reason to bother feeding. Just look back at the trailer and you'll understand why. Personally, I like the change, but what he's saying is perfectly accurate.
Bird

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:28 am

Actually, Cinco is right. There is absolutely no reason to bother feeding. Just look back at the trailer and you'll understand why. Personally, I like the change, but what he's saying is perfectly accurate.
You now feed to become powerful. How is that no reason not to feed?
City Swagga

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:09 pm

You now feed to become powerful. How is that no reason not to feed?

Look back at the trailer. At the end.
Project

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Look back at the trailer. At the end.
I just watched it. What part at the end?
brandon frier

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:32 am

This is the kind of opposition some of us will be faced with on these forums. There will be those who are fine with the changes, and there are those who will scream for Todd Howards blood in a sippy cup because they ruined their WOD-In-TES fantasy.
And there are those that will pose actual logical support for one side of the fence or the other and not complain about complainers.

Only if you want to play a VL.

That depends on the gammer. There are many people who play TES for reasons outside of combat.

Well find out just how they went about changing it for your sake itll be the same and change if you choose to be a VL I think thatd be better but personally I cannot wait to experience being a vampire differently now.
This type of in-game choice would be preferred.

But many other people enjoy will enjoy this aspect, I for one have avoided vampirism since oblivion because the benefits never outweighed the detriments. So you go ahead and pout in the corner while the strong majority of people enjoy the new and improved vampires.
Ha! Pouting? Is that how you read my post? I assure you child, I will be far from...pouting. I will be enjoying my game thoroughly...tonight and in 34 nights from now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybh6IIenkGo&feature=player_embedded
Georgine Lee

Next

Return to V - Skyrim