Best House Location in Hearthfire.

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Hang on a minute, which one is it? it does or it doesnt... simples

I can't double check at the moment, but I'm confident it does have furniture options for the balcony.

Edit: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Storage_Roomwith the available options.
Emily Shackleton

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 pm

I can't double check at the moment, but I'm confident it does have furniture options for the balcony.

Edit: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Storage_Roomwith the available options.
Thanking you, i got confuddled for a moment
Alexxxxxx

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:21 pm

The sad thing about this: there's no furniture atop the balcony on the storage room! I found this to be... disappointing. The armory gets a bench, at least, but the storeroom gets nothing! Boo!

That's why I'm on the tower. The chair faces exactly where I want it, it's solo, so when I want to get away from everything, it's the perfect spot. :biggrin:
All of the extensions that include porches have a fair amount of potential furniture, listed under "exterior". I take it you had your steward furnish the room for you?
Chloe Mayo

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:03 pm

well crap. I'm in the midst of making my 'family' house in the Pale... I knew about the giant situation, which I mean to deal with, but I didn't know the kids would have a problem w/ the cold and outside... With Falkreath, I was worried about the Occasional Necromancer that shows up from time to time. I've seen in a few threads that mention a Necromancer showing up...

Well as soon as i started building there, i killed the Necromancer, the bandits down the road, then scouted out the surrounding area to kill off any other unwanted guests: bears, wolves other unfriendly travelers. so far, so good. Ive got my housecarl there, my steward: Jordis the swordmaiden and my husband *Farkas* there to guard the place. If somebody breaks in, they ain't comming back out. ;) oh and the dog.
Bee Baby

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm

It does. I'm often sitting on the storage balcony out at Hjaalmarch. :banana:
Well, looks like a glitch on my end, then. I did every option for this room (even the anvil, dang it!) and no furniture for me. :(
Jordan Fletcher

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:56 pm

I really like the Pale, mainly because I just like the cold/snowy atmosphere over anything. Falkreath would definitely be my second choice though. Haven't had time to inspect the third one up by morthal or wherever it's located.
i agree
Milad Hajipour

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 am

Well, looks like a glitch on my end, then. I did every option for this room (even the anvil, dang it!) and no furniture for me. :(
Sounds like you mistook the back of the main hall for the storage room. The workbench for the storage room is inside the room itself, and you can furnish the exterior (and interior) from there. Enter the door next to the workbench you were using to place that anvil and look to your right to find the storage room workbench. If it's not there, go to your drafting table and see if you selected the option to remove it by mistake, and put it back in there.
Stefanny Cardona

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Sounds like you mistook the back of the main hall for the storage room. The workbench for the storage room is inside the room itself, and you can furnish the exterior (and interior) from there. Enter the door next to the workbench you were using to place that anvil and look to your right to find the storage room workbench. If it's not there, go to your drafting table and see if you selected the option to remove it by mistake, and put it back in there.
I think it is a glitch, just tried to build the "exterior", got a couple of benches, then left it for a bit. when i got back it didnt have the option in there for some reason... :/
BrEezy Baby

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Lets get one thing straight, nords and imperials are one and the same thing. the rebels want to kick the imperials out because they arent happy with the outlaw of talos worship. but the emperor only agreed to the terms after years of war had taken their toll on both the thalmor and the imperials. there was no "betrayal", just an opportunity to live to fight another day. the difference between a "milk drinker" and a man is that a man can make the hard decision that others cannot. would you have preferred to have the empire completely destroyed? or survive long enough to give the thalmor a one-two in the knackers later?

A traitor is just a word for another mans freedom fighter like a patriot is just another word for someone elses oppressor. Every man has the right to make their own way, if Skyrim prefers to make their own way rather than suffer under an Empire they no longer want to be apart of who are you to deny them less you become a tyrant instead. Skyrim wasn't always apart of the Empire, its not like they were one group as always then half decided to rip it apart because they wanted to, Skyrim is by in large a willing participant in the Empires of man and when not they were conquered subjects (See Tiber Septim and Reman). As somone who loves freedom and the right to blaze their own trail, I would rather the Empire be extinguished then live under their supposed relavency.

Sadly, Im on PC so I don't have Hearthfire yet, but I'm so far strongly leaning to the one in Falkreath.
Joey Avelar

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:48 am

I think it is a glitch, just tried to build the "exterior", got a couple of benches, then left it for a bit. when i got back it didnt have the option in there for some reason... :/
That may be so, but the fact that the poster mentioned building an anvil in the room leads me to believe that they were in the wrong place. You can't make an anvil in the storage room, but you can in the room outside of it.
April D. F

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:18 pm

The Pale house (Heljarchen Hall), for the following reasons:

1.) It's centrally located, which means less traveling time on foot if I choose to do that.

2.) It's very close to Whiterun and Riverwood. Hard to beat Heljarchen's location for that reason alone. The other places just don't have the sheer numbers of shops or merchants nearby, plus, I get to catch the Khajiiti caravan. Can't say that about the other two locations. Even more important to me is the fact that you have FOUR blacksmith merchants within a few minutes walk. When your main income tends to come from Smithing weapons and enchanting them, that becomes vitally important.

3.) I've found that Heljarchen doesn't have quite as many attacks as Lakeview does in my experience. When I had Lakeview, I was under nearly-daily attacks, and it felt that every time I went outdoors, I had a bandit, wolf, or suicidal mudcrab in my face. Annoying!

With Heljarchen, I only had one Giant attack, and periodic preventive cleaning of the two nearby Giant camps tended to cut down on things. Plus you have the nearby Lorieus farm to raid for crops as needed, plus Battle-born and Chillfurrow farms for the wheat supplies.

4.) The view isn't much with all the cold and snow, I admit. Lakeview is very pretty, but I wish it was closer to a major city with all the merchants instead of near a graveyard in the back of beyond with very few merchants/farms.

Just my two cents.
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:57 pm

The Pale house (Heljarchen Hall), for the following reasons:

1.) It's centrally located, which means less traveling time on foot if I choose to do that.

2.) It's very close to Whiterun and Riverwood. Hard to beat Heljarchen's location for that reason alone. The other places just don't have the sheer numbers of shops or merchants nearby, plus, I get to catch the Khajiiti caravan. Can't say that about the other two locations. Even more important to me is the fact that you have FOUR blacksmith merchants within a few minutes walk. When your main income tends to come from Smithing weapons and enchanting them, that becomes vitally important.

3.) I've found that Heljarchen doesn't have quite as many attacks as Lakeview does in my experience. When I had Lakeview, I was under nearly-daily attacks, and it felt that every time I went outdoors, I had a bandit, wolf, or suicidal mudcrab in my face. Annoying!

With Heljarchen, I only had one Giant attack, and periodic preventive cleaning of the two nearby Giant camps tended to cut down on things. Plus you have the nearby Lorieus farm to raid for crops as needed, plus Battle-born and Chillfurrow farms for the wheat supplies.

4.) The view isn't much with all the cold and snow, I admit. Lakeview is very pretty, but I wish it was closer to a major city with all the merchants instead of near a graveyard in the back of beyond with very few merchants/farms.

Just my two cents.

I'm not sure I get this. Whiterun is probably closer for the Pale home than the Lakeview one, but the Lakeview one is not much further, plus you are almost halfway between Falkreath and Riverwood, each of which is less than an hour away (game time). You can make a run down to Whiterun via Riverwood in about 2 hours, come back home and still have time to run down to Falkreath and back before the sun sets. Also, there is a Stormcloak camp just east of Helgen where you can sell even more stuff.

I think the Pale home would be a nice place. I like the view of the valley, Dragon's Reach, and Throat of the World. Plus, you have quick access to Blackreach via the Tower of Mzark. But I think Lakeview is superior for access to merchants.

Edit: One other plus for the Lakeview home is the quick access to the Guardian stones. You can switch up stones for a training session, then when you are done, run back and switch to a different stone.
emma sweeney

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm not sure I get this. Whiterun is probably closer for the Pale home than the Lakeview one, but the Lakeview one is not much further, plus you are almost halfway between Falkreath and Riverwood, each of which is less than an hour away (game time). You can make a run down to Whiterun via Riverwood in about 2 hours, come back home and still have time to run down to Falkreath and back before the sun sets. Also, there is a Stormcloak camp just east of Helgen where you can sell even more stuff.

I think the Pale home would be a nice place. I like the view of the valley, Dragon's Reach, and Throat of the World. Plus, you have quick access to Blackreach via the Tower of Mzark. But I think Lakeview is superior for access to merchants.
Agreed. What I like most about Heljarchen Hall is probably the wheat mill, which makes it easy on you if you enjoy baking stuff in your kitchen. Even then, it's a relatively short trip to Falkreath from Lakeview Manor to use the one at Corpselight Farm.
Dj Matty P

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim