Best House Location in Hearthfire.

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Can someone share with me their opinion on which Hold out of the three has the best location to build a house and why. I have yet to build one in Falkreath so i cannot add my opinion, but if I could I have a feeling it would be Falkreath.
Samantha Mitchell

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:19 pm

I really like the Pale, mainly because I just like the cold/snowy atmosphere over anything. Falkreath would definitely be my second choice though. Haven't had time to inspect the third one up by morthal or wherever it's located.
Alexandra walker

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 pm

I really like the Pale, mainly because I just like the cold/snowy atmosphere over anything. Falkreath would definitely be my second choice though. Haven't had time to inspect the third one up by morthal or wherever it's located.
I have to say that the best house I have built so far is in the Pale but the weather is almost always bad, so I hardly get a chance to take in the view when i'm there. Same goes for the house near Morthal. I'm a svcker for scenery, and i haven't got it... yet...
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 am

Falkreath has the best scenery, imo. Second is the house in The Pale, since I like snow and the scenery there, but being sandwiched between two giant camps is a bit sketchy. Not a fan of the Hjaalmarch house location.
Ron

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:42 pm

I like Falkreath best, the scenery is great there, plus the kids love it cause they can go outside to play. The second would be the Pale, altho the kids complain about playing outside cause its too cold. I love the snow so it works for me. I just killed the giants before i built my house haven't seen any since. The one in Morthal is my least fave. Its gloomy there.
Vera Maslar

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:21 am

I like Falkreath best, the scenery is great there, plus the kids love it cause they can go outside to play. The second would be the Pale, altho the kids complain about playing outside cause its too cold. I love the snow so it works for me. I just killed the giants before i built my house haven't seen any since. The one in Morthal is my least fave. Its gloomy there.

well crap. I'm in the midst of making my 'family' house in the Pale... I knew about the giant situation, which I mean to deal with, but I didn't know the kids would have a problem w/ the cold and outside... With Falkreath, I was worried about the Occasional Necromancer that shows up from time to time. I've seen in a few threads that mention a Necromancer showing up...
Manny(BAKE)

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm

I've built and lived in every house. I've played and reloaded countless times to find which house I would enjoy the most. I personally think that both Proudspire and Hjerim are better than the 3 new houses. I have finally settled on Hjerim. It is nice and open, and appropriate for my stormcloak nord. Also, my son says he wants to grow up to be a stormcloak, that is too cute.
Cccurly

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:13 pm

I've built and lived in every house. I've played and reloaded countless times to find which house I would enjoy the most. I personally think that both Proudspire and Hjerim are better than the 3 new houses. I have finally settled on Hjerim. It is nice and open, and appropriate for my stormcloak nord. Also, my son says he wants to grow up to be a stormcloak, that is too cute.
Don't think it is a good thing that your kid wants to be a traitor. And after saying this i have a feeling i may have put my hand in hot water here lol
Christina Trayler

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:33 am

Don't think it is a good thing that your kid wants to be a traitor. And after saying this i have a feeling i may have put my hand in hot water here lol

lol, my son is not some milk-drinking imperial. he is a true nord.
Isaac Saetern

Post » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 am

lol, my son is not some milk-drinking imperial. he is a true nord.
Lets get one thing straight, nords and imperials are one and the same thing. the rebels want to kick the imperials out because they arent happy with the outlaw of talos worship. but the emperor only agreed to the terms after years of war had taken their toll on both the thalmor and the imperials. there was no "betrayal", just an opportunity to live to fight another day. the difference between a "milk drinker" and a man is that a man can make the hard decision that others cannot. would you have preferred to have the empire completely destroyed? or survive long enough to give the thalmor a one-two in the knackers later?
Kari Depp

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 am

well crap. I'm in the midst of making my 'family' house in the Pale... I knew about the giant situation, which I mean to deal with, but I didn't know the kids would have a problem w/ the cold and outside... With Falkreath, I was worried about the Occasional Necromancer that shows up from time to time. I've seen in a few threads that mention a Necromancer showing up...
There is in fact a necromancer that spawns relatively close to the house, but it's too far away for them to ever really interact with your home area unless you lure them to it. I've never seen them get remotely close to my house, they just kinda stick around their altar.
dean Cutler

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:06 pm

I went with Falkreath, if for no other reason that it adds transport. No more having to walk to Whiterun to get the carriage.
chloe hampson

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 pm

I am very much enjoying the Falkreath home because of the closeness of merchants and for the view. In less than and hour (game time) I can be in Riverwood or Falkreath. Two hours to Whiterun.
I’m my own

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Falkreath has the best scenery, imo. Second is the house in The Pale, since I like snow and the scenery there, but being sandwiched between two giant camps is a bit sketchy. Not a fan of the Hjaalmarch house location.

Would be great if the house was facing it. Maybe I did something wrong, but when I come out the door I'm facing the barn. A nice porch facing the lake and a few chairs would have made it perfect.

OK found the porch information, Now to see if I have already built something where it goes.
James Shaw

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:41 pm

I don't have the DLC yet, I am on PC, but what house is the safest of all? I want a house with less encounters :)
Alada Vaginah

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Falkreath wins for me and I haven't even built the other two houses. I can tell, just from location alone, Falkreath will remain my top spot. I love Riverwood, so being "next door" was the best thing about this DLC!

The greatest: the chair atop the tower. Just sit and watch while having your steward bring you coffee and donuts. I'll never quest again. ;)
neen

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Falkreath works best for me.

The Pale above Lorius farm? location svcks works for some but not for me.

Morthal is my chars bachlor pad - armory, trophy,greenhouse + Eola as the steward.
Bird

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Hjaalmarch. Falkreath is a bit of a missed opportunity, I think. :dry:
IsAiah AkA figgy

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 pm

I like the location in Falkreath best, Hjaalmarch is my second choice (I like the gloomy atmosphere/surroundings, it's perfect when you're playing an "evil" character :P) and I like The Pale the least, mainly due to the heavy requirements to get it.
Mr. Allen

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Proudspire

Did Bethesda fix any of the stupid problems with that house? I know they fixed the weapon racks, but did they fix the rear door, or the flickering basemant wall?

Edit: oops... on topic, I like all three of the new houses but I find myself drawn more to Lakeview Manor.
Kelly John

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Falkreath wins for me and I haven't even built the other two houses. I can tell, just from location alone, Falkreath will remain my top spot. I love Riverwood, so being "next door" was the best thing about this DLC! The greatest: the chair atop the tower. Just sit and watch while having your steward bring you coffee and donuts. I'll never quest again. ;)
While I agree, now in the process of building my home in Falkreath, that this is probably the best hold to have my house I don't think that you should be enjoying your "coffee and doughnuts" atop a tower. You should have built the storage room and be enjoying your light snacks on the balcony. lovely view of it all from here, snacks and drinks abound as well.
Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:04 pm

You should have built the storage room and be enjoying your light snacks on the balcony. lovely view of it all from here, snacks and drinks abound as well.
The sad thing about this: there's no furniture atop the balcony on the storage room! I found this to be... disappointing. The armory gets a bench, at least, but the storeroom gets nothing! Boo!

That's why I'm on the tower. The chair faces exactly where I want it, it's solo, so when I want to get away from everything, it's the perfect spot. :D
Louise Andrew

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:50 pm

The sad thing about this: there's no furniture atop the balcony on the storage room! I found this to be... disappointing. The armory gets a bench, at least, but the storeroom gets nothing! Boo!

It does. I'm often sitting on the storage balcony out at Hjaalmarch. :banana:
Ian White

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:21 pm

That's why I'm on the tower. The chair faces exactly where I want it, it's solo, so when I want to get away from everything, it's the perfect spot. :biggrin:
ahhh i see, well thanks for the heads up about that, shame i already built it but what can you do? :L
Vicki Gunn

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Hang on a minute, which one is it? it does or it doesnt... simples
Danial Zachery

Next

Return to V - Skyrim