Bethesda admit to knowing the game was broken before release

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:55 pm

I was worried about this before the game even came out.Just like in the previous game on ps3,Oblivion GOTY,the lag was terrible,and did bethesda even release 1 patch for it? no.I bought the game anyway because i felt after all these 4-6 years bethesda had to have fixed the problem,but they didnt.Im sure 360 users are enjoying skyrim,just like oblivion.Oblivion GOTY had not a single lag on 360 and even had achievements,What did ps3 get? nothing,not even trophies for it.Both Oblivion and Skyrim shouldnt have been released for ps3.Now enough about Oblivion and onto Skyrim.Since the release,i thought mine ran perfectly fine until after a few hours.For me it never really got to the point where it was unplayable,but the lag was always still there.Theres also alot of bugs and glitches in this game.While those can be fixed,bethesda might never get around to them.Maybe if they worked hard 24/7 on these issues(especially for the ps3) maybe this could be fixed.But to be honest,i doubt there will ever be a time where the lag/framerate issues will be gone,and soon enough bethesda will just ignore the problem.I hope im wrong because i would really like to enjoy this awesome game,but sadly i havent been able to.
Sunnii Bebiieh

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Of course they're going to say that. I don't believe it for a moment yeah they might have tried to fix but they know and we know they didn't and they know they didn't before release.

And how exactly do you "know" they didn't do anything to try and address the bug prior to release?
pinar

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 11:52 pm

I'll give Bethesda some free PR advice:

1. Don't ever let this happen again.
2. Continue to optimize Skyrim
3. Eat the costs and release patches for Fallout 3 (GOTY Edition too) and Fallout: New Vegas (Ultimate Edition too) on PS3.

That right there would win-back a ton of goodwill from PS3 users. Some of them might even consider being customers again.
NEGRO

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 4:51 pm

That quote has since been clarified by Bethesda - they did actually try to fix it before release and thought they had done so.
Remember, the people who claimed they worked hard to fix it before release are the same people who claimed this:

http://i.imgur.com/HA5in.png

And what's present in my signature.
Harry Leon

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 8:24 pm

And how exactly do you "know" they didn't do anything to try and address the bug prior to release?

I meant that they tried but we know and they know it didn't work ages before release is what I meant. Sorry bit of a mixed up message in that post.
Robert

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Remember, the people who claimed they worked hard to fix it before release are the same people who claimed this:

http://i.imgur.com/HA5in.png

And what's present in my signature.

Well if you started a brand new game on both consoles it probably would play pretty much identically for at least the first 50 hours or so prior to 1.4. Now they'd probably match up pretty closely indefinitely.
Breautiful

Post » Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 am

Of course they're going to say that. I don't believe it for a moment yeah they might have tried to fix but they know and we know they didn't and they know they didn't before release.

Well it's possible (scary) that the lag problem was even worse before release.
DAVId Bryant

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:45 pm

That quote has since been clarified by Bethesda - they did actually try to fix it before release and thought they had done so.

I don't quite think this makes up for the attitude Bethesda had when the issue was brought to light after release. It was
only until the press made a ****storm out of it that they actually started spending more resources and time to the issue itself.
1.2 was a joke. 1.3 tried to fix the problems the last patch had. 1.4 still hasn't fixed the issue for a lot of people, me included.

I still remember the company trying to trivialize my experience, tossing me into the minority like it's some dustbin of customers
that don't matter. Oh, so since I'm in the minority- I don't matter? It wasn't until a HUGE MESS of this was made out that the
company even took steps towards ADMITTING their faults and attempting to correct the issue. Until then, they played it off
as if there the lag wasn't a big problem.
MatthewJontully

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Well it's possible (scary) that the lag problem was even worse before release.

True. to be fair It wasn't just lag that I encountered in Fallout 3 but horrific crashes literally every five minutes. I had to save every time I walked 30 steps *shudders* I loved that game so much but its issues were un real. So I suppose they did fix it a little but in my case Fallout 3 was laggy but it crashed loads. Skyrim rarely crashed before patch 1.2 but it lagged horificly.
Richard Dixon

Post » Wed May 23, 2012 12:05 am

1.4 still hasn't fixed the issue for a lot of people, me included.

It'd be interesting to know how many that "a lot" actually is at this point. I think I've seen maybe 10 people around here post that the lag was still present for them. So at the very least it does seem to be much more rare than before, which is good. Maybe email them directly and see if they want your save to help them figure out why some people are still having issues.
David John Hunter

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 5:13 pm

talk about first time bethesda buyers.. oh thats right a majority of you crying already knew how their games end up on Ps3 yet you still buy them. Its sad to see a group of individuals on a forum be so stupid as to know what was coming yet still buy the product... and to top it off, your here complaining about it. My message isnt for first time bethesda buyers, but the long term fans that should know what the developers are all about. I knew skyrim would have problems but i also knew that it would beat every other game out of the park... Which is why i play and enjoy it for what it is.
KRistina Karlsson

Post » Wed May 23, 2012 3:12 am

It'd be interesting to know how many that "a lot" actually is at this point. I think I've seen maybe 10 people around here post that the lag was still present for them. So at the very least it does seem to be much more rare than before, which is good. Maybe email them directly and see if they want your save to help them figure out why some people are still having issues.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't true. This is INCREDIBLY relevant to the lag issue as a
whole, in which TONS of users spammed these forums saying that many of us were making it up and that the issue
has hardly affected anyone. Really?

Playing on semantics aside. This entire event is basically a cigarette that was tossed out in the woods. Bethesda
said it wasn't a big problem- because it's small. And only until the point where the woods were burned down did
they finally admit that it was a large problem.
Alister Scott

Post » Wed May 23, 2012 12:13 am

3. Eat the costs and release patches for Fallout 3 (GOTY Edition too) and Fallout: New Vegas (Ultimate Edition too) on PS3.

I would be extremely happy if they released a patch for these two games. Didn't Pete say that the issues have been fixed in these two games in response to J Sawyer?

I'd doubt they would patch them though.
:)Colleenn

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 6:56 pm

talk about first time bethesda buyers.. oh thats right a majority of you crying already knew how their games end up on Ps3 yet you still buy them. Its sad to see a group of individuals on a forum be so stupid as to know what was coming yet still buy the product... and to top it off, your here complaining about it. My message isnt for first time bethesda buyers, but the long term fans that should know what the developers are all about. I knew skyrim would have problems but i also knew that it would beat every other game out of the park... Which is why i play and enjoy it for what it is.

It's called false hope built on a http://twitter.com/#%21/nickbreckon/status/14015054991069184.
Katy Hogben

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:59 pm

I wasn't expecting a different post from the guy who just did this:

[img]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5135/spence937.jpg[/img]

So now the defenders bully us until we stop demanding that the products we pay for are functioning?
Hazel Sian ogden

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 pm

If it was not for the Post Limit, this thread would be closed for Bickering.
Kara Payne

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim