A better story?

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:18 pm

Yeah save that discussion for another thread please. Dont start a flame war here.

So how long do you think it would take the writers to come up with a good story and quest line. Many of the stories that have allready been posted in this thread have been thought up in 5-30 minutes and I like some of the stores I have read here. Now How long do you think it would take the writers to come up with a good story, that fits into the game, and has a decent mission structure? Again I could write one up in less than an hour if need be, but could you?

lol sorry about that, it started out as something that needs to be implemented into the next story which is something we all agree on, but we just have some slight differences in opinion :P.
Alycia Leann grace

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:45 am

I'm pretty sure morrowind had a pretty generic story as well. Chosen one has to save the land from the forces of evil.

Really i think the story should be about the provinces breaking away from the empire. And you start out as a solider who has gone with a regiment of cyrodil to reclaim the province. Later on your entire regiment is killed and you are captured as a P.O.W. You then have to find a way to escape from prison. Which afterwards you eventually surface in the very province you were trying to capture where you will have to accept it as your new home. Later you will recieve orders from a commanding officer from cyrodil who (since your old officer is dead) assigns you to a new post where you to from then on work as a spy for cyrodil who is disquised as the kings loyal serveant. Throughout you will take down people who threaten cyrodil and your cover while gathering info on the king and will throughout decide wether what the empire is doing is truly right.
Sarah Knight

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:02 am

The Dark Brotherhood is a "Lawful Evil" faction with Neutral Evil members. There's no question there. They just aren't Stupid Evil...

In DF, they were more like "necessary evil." Every faction had members that would either bring great shame, discredit and/or whopping fines. So, how is a bunch of honorable knights/mages/etc bound by a code going to do when a member is sleeping around with the very people he was supposed to protect/going on a rampage/being very scandelous and that very faction doesn't want to make a scene by sending one of their own guys? They hire out the Dark Brotherhood. And there's the nobles who want to you to eliminate a bard whose smack talking, go after other nobles, going after your own faction because they're betraying the brotherhood, or other assassin factions/freelancers and unemployers.

They were paid by everybody to kill anyone. They were very neutral, factionwise, and worked only for the highest bidder. They did good, they did bad, but all they really do is kill professionally.
Dean Ashcroft

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:04 am

200+ posts so this is locked.
Fluffer

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion