I can't login to Crysis 2 game with my gamesas.com accou

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:39 am

It's using both, one or the other, none. It's different for everyone.
naana

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:11 am

I have the same account name and password on ea-games / gun-club / gamespy / gamesas and in the game crysis 2 but i cant play online.
loggin data uncorrect. ?
in the beta the same error. i cant logging in to mp part, whats going on?
i have the retrail cd not the steam version. 40$ and nothing works. looool and the best is no dx11!
Joie Perez

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:40 am

So if you bought this game through steam, where does one get a refund? I am so disappointed with this release its making me sick.
Batricia Alele

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:25 am

Well, the only work around that worked was creating a new account with an alternate e-mail address. So, I'm able to connect and browse servers. Don't be in a rush to get connected guys. A rough guess of 50% of the server lobbies don't start the game session. The other 50% start loading the session, but d/c you and put you back to the multiplayer menu. Doesn't even have the common courtesy to kick you to the server browser with the already updated list. I would honestly feel less disappointment if they held the PC release date back another 6 months for DX11 support, PC graphics detail customization beyond one toggle option, and a multiplayer that actually functions.

I finished the singleplayer on veteran, and it was a good experience. Multiplayer is where the lasting appeal is, though. At this time, it's broken on so many levels. I suspect my hdd won't be accessing the game files for a little while, with the grim look of things so far. Instead of flaming the devs, the company, etc... I sincerely wish them luck in fixing this Charlie Foxtrot. Grab a Snickers.

For reference, I bought Crysis 2 through Steam as well. Maybe this is isolated to Steam customers.
Maria Garcia

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:41 pm

It's not isolated to Steam customers. It appears to be pretty random.
Sherry Speakman

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 am

got it from EADM and i cannot login due to this error
Darren

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:51 am

I can't login, I signed into gamesas with my account (does it import from gamespy? cause it seemed to) when i start up the game and go to sign in I am unable to use my user name as it doesn't allow spaces in the user name box.
Laura Cartwright

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:37 am

Can't log in with my gamesas.com username, but I can log in with my Crysis 1 info. Are there two separate accounts for each service?
Tom Flanagan

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:19 pm

For the developers:

I just want to say that when (if) you fix this login problem that it should be possible to re-login in-game to ANY nickname/email account AND that the player should be able to re-link the "Limited Edition" content to that account. It would however be acceptable to restrict the content to whatever was the "active" account.

I do realize if the developers implement such a mechanism that means there will be many new gamesas.com accounts created just for that game login process. Sorry for that but you're the guys that created such a messed up login system.

I guess I'm saying that the "Limited Edition" content should be associated with the (registered) copy of a player's game rather than being associated with a nickname/email gamesas.com forum account. I would think that purchasing the game should allow a user to have access to DLC and extra content at any time that registered copy of the game is run no matter what nickname has been used for multiplayer. Many gamers have multiple nicknames in other multiplayer games. It seems unreasonable to link DLC and extra content to just one user account rather than linking it to the registered copy of the game. And, I don't see such a restriction in the EULA or TOS. Maybe I should read it again? Maybe the developers/publishers should read it again?
Mandi Norton

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Either it's using the gamesas database or it isn't, you can't say it's using one and actually be using another.
Alexx Peace

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:57 am

I'm convinced someone messed up and the login is using Crysis 1 database and not the new Crysis 2 (gamesas.com) database.

My nickname was in use when Crysis 1 came out, but I was able to use it with the launch of gamesas. Yet I can't log in with gamesas nickname, but I can log in with my old Crysis 1 nickname.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Try logging in with your Crysis 1 details.
Brian Newman

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 am

I'm getting the same problem. Countless tries at inputting my account information and i keep receiving invalid user name/password info.
Tiffany Castillo

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:15 am

Same here, at least I've SP to play for the time being, but this is absurd for a $60 title. This is something Id expect with a $15 game.
Laura Elizabeth

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:30 am

I was not able to log in using my gamesas account during the demo and I am not able to log in now that the game has come out. It keeps telling me that I have "Incorrect login details, please retry. For account maintenance, or to change password, please access you profile at gamesas" Well I could login to this without an issue and haven't had any issues logging into gamesas at all. I just can't log into my actual account. I can log into the random name I created to play the demo, but that is not the name that I would like to use.
Amie Mccubbing

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:15 pm

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I just bought this crap game and it is telling my serial number is in use by another account or it wont let me log in through my old username. The website said it freaking emailed me a link to get into my acct...NOPE! no email even though it recognizes the address. I create a new account altogether and today???? SAME DAMN THING!

I think I bought the 'Alpha' version!!!!

T H I S B L O W S ! ! !
Baby K(:

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Well I'm thoroughly confused. I am logged in and playing using my old gamespy account name. I was able to also link my LE # to that account as well. Here is where it becomes confusing...

1)My old gamespy account uses the same nickname that I use now (and registered a separate gamesas.com account with). This is the same login I used for Multiplayer in Crysis.

2)Since I was going to be stuck using a gamespy login, I felt that I should login to the http://www.gamespy.com page and update my account with more information (a new password, and current e-mail address). I did this *before* registering my LE #. When I logged in to register the LE content, I could NOT use the updated gamespy e-mail address or password. It was stuck still using the OLD information.

3)When I login to my profile in the game it is also (now more than a full day later) still using this old password.

4)Looking at the information included on the "gamesas" selection on the Multiplayer menu, it tells me that I need to have a gamesas.com account for leaderboard tracking.

5) I cannot login using the gamesas.com account (I know this because I am still using the old, and now outdated, password for my gamespy account despite having the same nickname).

My question for the developers is now this:

"Will I need to login using a gamesas.com account in order to have full access to the multiplayer side of the game (leaderboards, etc)? If that is the case, will I be able to merge my Gamespy account over to the gamesas.com site?"

My theory on this, since the game is still using my now outdated password still, is that login database for Crysis 2 is built using login data collected from the first Crysis game, and giving priority to the old data. As I have the exact same nickname for gamesas.com and my original Crysis login, it is my assumption that the game is getting confused over which one to select as being the correct one.

Can someone from the web team please update us on this issue? We're a full day from the last response, and up to 17 pages of posts. Even another, "We realize there is an issue, and will let you know what is going on when we have more info" would be nice at this point.
Laura

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:51 am

Rasgueado:
you're probably on to something. I'll also add that when I edit my profile on gamesas.com, it ACTS like it takes a password change, but never actually changes the password; it's still my original password.

SO, i'd be willing to bet it's database/backend related.
Lou

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:07 am

Hurry up EA!
stevie critchley

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:17 pm

I'm convinced someone messed up and the login is using Crysis 1 database and not the new Crysis 2 (gamesas.com) database.

My nickname was in use when Crysis 1 came out, but I was able to use it with the launch of gamesas. Yet I can't log in with gamesas nickname, but I can log in with my old Crysis 1 nickname.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Try logging in with your Crysis 1 details.
Yea ur right the gamesas info wouldn't work but my old gamespy crysis 1 account info gets me in. But now i have another problem others are also experiencing. Whenever i try to join a server it sais my serial key is in use so i am still screwed.
Schel[Anne]FTL

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:00 am

This is just pitiful man- i swear, you lay out your hard earned money, and they dont deliver- This is just nonsense, I bought it to play MP and i cant. There should be some accountability for this- Customers should be comped in some fashion. ****.
I’m my own

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 am

Same problem... bloody hell! Funny thing is me and my step dad both bought a copy each and his works, mine don't.
o_O
carley moss

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:22 am

yep same deal here, happened in demo and still happening now.... unable to login "Incorrect login details" got no problem signing on here....
Juanita Hernandez

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:01 am

yep same deal here, happened in demo and still happening now.... unable to login "Incorrect login details" got no problem signing on here....

Do you have any numbers in your passwords? If so, try changing it on the website here to just containing characters. That worked for me atleast.
Maya Maya

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:31 pm

dem i need to make new account to make this work, wtf ?
Dominic Vaughan

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:34 pm

Yea making my password all letters and no numbers fixed the problem for me thanks.
Maeva

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis