Companion Thread

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 am

Pets count as companion, right?
http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=807398&hl=
Elena Alina

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 am

This was one of the best I ever used. I just found it again..Companion Janine. She anticipates threats so attacks them before she or the player gets hit. Never seen another companion mod do this......
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.detail&id=4695

Thanks for that, Snakebitten. I had suspected that the MWSE companion initiative script added to Companion Janine would provide much more realistic companion behaviours. I believe Fliggerty also remarked elsewhere that it had worked very well. I will try this one out next game.

Have there been other companion mods created using this capability?
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks for that, Snakebitten. I had suspected that the MWSE companion initiative script added to Companion Janine would provide much more realistic companion behaviours. I believe Fliggerty also remarked elsewhere that it had worked very well. I will try this one out next game.

Have there been other companion mods created using this capability?

I thought about doing it. Maybe in the next update I'll have two versions: one with this system and one without.
Oceavision

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Lothavor's Legacy: Possibly the best quest mod ever, grat scripting and REALIST relationship based on scripting events with companions!
Children of The Night 1 & 2: What can we say about CoN? :)
Beasts of Burden: Shaolink Monk: A totally new levelling system with a companion that can learn powers from your master.
Jordan Moreno

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:48 pm

this was a good resource, now we just need to group the companions by race & function, though i have a feeling it'll mostly be breton girls :P
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:06 pm

this was a good resource, now we just need to group the companions by race & function, though i have a feeling it'll mostly be breton girls :P
Go on :poke:, Mythic Mods could do with a new list :)

Don't forget http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=978595&hl=. Also by Princess Stomper is http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=5682 which has an extra plugin that adds companion functions to Calvus, albeit more basic than those in Calvus & Rerlas.
Curveballs On Phoenix

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:14 pm

There are so many great companion mods in Morrowind that i don't know which one to pick

EDIT: Which one do you guys recommend, Julan or Laura Craft
Rob

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Go on :poke:, Mythic Mods could do with a new list :)
You first! :D

This was always on my list of things-to-do, right at the top when we first started the Theme Lists and most of them initially were being done 'in-house'. That and following on from Vorwoda's excellent History; part II - all the good stuff since and the features, which began to get a trifle complex; the different AIs and levelling systems etcetera - plagiarism being the sincerest form of flattery.

Then I looked at how my Companions and Mounts directory began to grow as I collected. :nod:
And decided that in time Dragon32 would probably get around to it. ;)

I do not have them all and some are lost in time, quite a few I should imagine, but here with version 'dupes' is the content of that folder:
nightmare_0beta_1.7z							  nightmare_summoning_11.7z						 reignoffire1.1.7z													  iwwh.ace										  Kwamalot.ace									  4Dogcompver2_0.rar								BM_CatCompanions1_0(1).rar						BM_CatCompanions1_0.rar						   bobsbonepuppy.rar								 horseranch30.rar								  horseranch31patch.rar									 Imperial_guard_dogs_v1.5.rar					  ME_FamiliarGrimlok.rar							ME_Tolarn.rar									 scrib companion.rar							   TB_packdonkey1_0.rar							  UrbanaRanch.rar								   1gr_packguar.zip								  abotGuars.zip									 abotGuars104.zip								  BAR_BearCompanion_v1.0.zip						beastiary.zip									 dragonentrancement.zip							DragonsandGolem_nightwing_mw.zip				  GuarcommandV11.zip								HBPackZebraV25.zip									   PantherCompanion.zip.zip						  WolfCompanion_3_0.zip							 WolfCompanion_3_1.zip							 WolfCompanion_ver_2_0.zip						 WolfCompanion1.1.zip							  wyr_hawkril_v1.05.zip							 XeonsAdvancedCompanionCreatures_XACC.zip		  Your+Dragon+Companion+-20040303.zip  ............................ContainerCompanion.7z							 ContainerCompanionGold.7z						 Dremora-Markynaz_Addon.7z						 GatanasCompanion_Westly_PresentsDremora_Markynaz.7JAC_Jasmine.7z									JAC_Jasmine_1_12.7z							   JAC_Jasmine_2_0.7z								Jac_Jasmine_2_0a.7z							   Julan 1.0b.7z									 Julan_Ashlander_Companion_1.3.7z				  JulanTextureFix.7z								Kensbits.7z									   KS_Julan_Ashlander_Companion_1.0.7z			   KS_Julan_Ashlander_Companion_1.2.7z			   MageCompanionGabrial.7z						   MageCompanionGabrial_v1_1.7z					  MageCompanionGabrial_v1_2.7z					  mel_ComesByRoad_1_0.7z																		   Werewolf_Companion.7z							 Westly_Presents-Dremora__Markynaz_.7z			 Westly_PresentsDremora_Markynaz.7z				Worf Companion and Klingon Race.7z										FL_arjaBase_noQuest.exe						   Agony_and_Rapture.rar							 BodyGuard.rar									 Bodyguard1.2_finkus.rar						   BodyguardSorin.rar								Bonemans_Oath.rar								 CM_partnertravel1.1.rar						   constance_1_0.rar								 Constance_1_2.rar								 Constance_1_2_2.rar							   DawnCompanionEquipmentV1.rar					  Galatea Companion.rar							 HlaaluCompanions.rar							  Jiub_Companion_1.0.rar							Karator V1.1 .rar								 Karator.rar									   KaratorV1.2.rar								   LadyDeath_Companion_v2.rar						LadyDeathCompanionV1.rar						  LOTD.rar										  LOTD_ESP.rar									  Meadow_Fae_Companion.rar						  Mercenaries.rar								   mjy_robots_companion_2.rar						MW_family2_0.rar								  Ninja_Girl.rar									Partnertravel1.1.rar							  simplecompanionmod.rar							Ulvanis.rar									   Ylethmodv10.rar								   1gr_Comp_Beryl_1_0.zip							1gr_Comp_Beryl1_1.zip							 1gr_em_Comp_Hurd1_1.zip						   3LV_Jessica_v22.zip							   aa_Marky.zip									  aleonpc_0715.zip								  amazona.zip									   angelic_companion_v0[1].8.zip					 Apprentice.zip									ARJAN_A_Lords_Men_v1.0.zip						ARJAN_A_Lords_Men_v202.zip						arjanolordsmenv2.0.zip							Azurian.Race-Comp-(hermaphrodite)-v3.2.zip		Azurian.Race-Comp-(nvde)-v3.2.zip								  B79_MageCompanionKendra_v20.zip				   B79_MageCompanionKendra_v201.zip				  B79_MageCompanionKendra_v202.zip				  Balmora Academy of Stripology_baos_1.5.zip		BAR_Comp_Arya.zip								 BAR_Comp_Kendra_v1.0.zip						  BAR_Comp_Kendra_v1.4.zip						  BAR_MercenaryPack_v3.1.zip						BAR_MP_Addon_BM_v1.0.zip						  BAR_SkaalComp_Corana_v1.0.zip					 BAR_SkaalComp_Ulfgaar_v1.0.zip					BaronsPartners30v11.zip						   BeastsofBurden_Shaolin_Monks_12.zip			   BeastsofBurden_shaolinmonkv1-7_1227.zip		   BretonHunkCompanionLite.zip					   CalvusAndRerlas.zip							   calvusupdate.zip								  CM_Partners_2.31 standalone.zip				   CM_Partners_2.5 and Cantina.zip				   CM_Partners_2.6.zip							   CM_Partners_2.8.zip							   CM_Partners_2.9.zip							   CM_Partners_2.9_advlt_Upgrade.zip				 CM_Partners_2.9_Alignment_Choice_Upgrade.zip	  CM_Partners_3.0.zip							   CM_Partners_3.0_advlt_Upgrade.zip				 CM_Partners_tpadarkfemales.zip					Comp_F_1.1.zip									Comp_F_1.3.zip									Comp_F_1.4.zip									Comp_F_1.5_Cally.zip												 Companion_Andrea__Cecil_v11.zip				   Companion_Andrea__Cecil_v113.zip				  Companion_v1.3.zip								Companion_v3.1.zip								CompanionDemo.zip								 CompanionIekknat_1014.zip						 CompanionRPP.zip								  Companions+Hippolyta+And+Decius+2.01_Vorwoda.zip					 compslave.zip									 ConstructMod2_0605.zip							Darknut_DNC.zip								   Dawn_Naked_Patch.zip							  eviltwins.zip									 FL_arjaBase_noQuest.zip						   FL_dialogless_Comp.zip							Friends and Rivals_FnRv07.zip					 GalithCompanions.zip							  Girlfriend_breton_mw+trib_2_1.zip				 Hethraundune.zip								  Hilda.zip										 hunter_and_jaer_al.zip							Improved_Calvus.zip							   Karenna1.0.zip									larenel_0601.zip															   lenne-v1.7.zip									lilarcor_v4-1.zip								 Locust_11zip.zip								  Locust_14.zip									 LordGrimCompanion_0621.zip													Minnyon the un-companion.zip					  nyagetan_1025.zip								 PatsyPack_NPC_v1.0.zip							Rika 1.1.zip									  Shock_Centurion_Companion_V11.zip				 ShockCenturionCompanion_TB.zip					Slave_Companions_v1_1-15234.zip				   Slave_Companions-15234.zip						sslavecomp2.zip								   t_buddyholly_1_1.zip							  t_lauraromance_2_0.zip							t_lauraromance_2_1.zip											  t_lauraromance_2_2.zip							T_Lauraromance1_2_1.zip						   t_lostheir_1_2.zip								T_Witchgirl_1_1.zip							   TribunalExtraMercsAndWarriorSlaves.zip			Vorwoda_ HippolytaDecius.zip												  W_Apprentice_12.zip

Not mentioned so far is Neko's rather good http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=2302 which includes some interesting and useful companions.
Epul Kedah

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:56 am

And decided that in time Dragon32 would probably get around to it. ;)
:o

I do not have them all and some are lost in time, quite a few I should imagine, but here with version 'dupes' is the content of that folder:
<sniiiip>
Not mentioned so far is Neko's rather good http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=2302 which includes some interesting and useful companions.
:o2 (or more like cubed)
Kelly Upshall

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:09 am

There are so many great companion mods in Morrowind that i don't know which one to pick

You're not going to get too many replies to this kind of question, since both modders are well-liked in the community, and nobody wants to offend either. Plus, both companions are excellent, and they are considerably different in type. I'm currently running Julan and Constance, my favorite Emma-made companion--another one you won't want to miss. ;)
Nick Tyler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:06 am

:o
:o2 (or more like cubed)
:nod:

And the lady said comprehensive too. :D

OT-ish: Good thread, Salamandar and everyone contributing, thank you.:thumbsup:

Ekkalux - neither! Get Cally by Grumpy instead or Beryl and change the face. :)
[Hi Emma. :wave:]
Ashley Tamen

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:38 pm

You're not going to get too many replies to this kind of question, since both modders are well-liked in the community, and nobody wants to offend either. Plus, both companions are excellent, and they are considerably different in type. I'm currently running Julan and Constance, my favorite Emma-made companion--another one you won't want to miss. ;)

Opps,
i should rephrase that
What I meant is that I'm going to use both Julan and Luara, but don't know if they conflict
Brooke Turner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:13 am

Opps,
i should rephrase that
What I meant is that I'm going to use both Julan and Luara, but don't know if they conflict

Oh, no conflicts. You can safely run them both, as well as Constance, and Janine. Might want to get a large house mod to handle them all, though.
asako

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:40 am

Ekkalux - neither! Get Cally by Grumpy instead or Beryl and change the face. :)
[Hi Emma. :wave:]

Oh, no conflicts. You can safely run them both, as well as Constance, and Janine. Might want to get a large house mod to handle them all, though.

Oh,
That's good
Thanks
Verity Hurding

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:07 pm

They are veeeery different, so it depends purely on the kind of companion you want! Laura is warm, loving, generous, affectionate, proud, jealous, temperamental, lovable, maddening. Julan is sarcastic, snarky, thoughtless, neurotic, naive, dedicated, argumentative, lovable, maddening. Laura can ONLY be a lover, you can't just be friends with her, and that goes for both sixes. Julan can be a lover to female characters, or a friend to both sixes. Laura could be used by any character, while Julan is linked closely to the completion of the Main Quest, and so has certain restrictions. You could also use both of them together, if you wanted.

I'd also very much second the recommendation of Constance! She's... let's see, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble and trouble! But cute and funny with it, so she gets away with anything. ;)
gemma

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:44 am

I'd also very much second the recommendation of Constance! She's... let's see, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble and trouble! But cute and funny with it, so she gets away with anything. ;)

"A little of this, a little of that" has become something of a catchphrase in my household. I think that Constance and Julan are the two Morrowind companions with the most character.
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:19 am

I have the Slave Companion 2,0 mod and its based on Grumpy?s 3.1 script so they handle rather well, havent tried any story based companion but Emma?s Witchgirl might be the most interesting for my assassin char
Kevan Olson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 pm

This thread was mentioned earlier and I think it's worth blowing the ballast and resurfacing it
Ben sutton

Previous

Return to III - Morrowind