Crysis 2 360 Patch - 1.1.1.8003

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:51 am

@ AGJ - Good post dude, but you shouldn't waste you time on some of these c**nts. Some of them are incapable of logical argument and are dogmatic in attitudes regardless of what they say... do you really expect him to turn around and say "ok ok you're right, I was mistaken, my apologies".. no chance, people tend to find more ways to reinforce their arguments.

I learnt a new term today at University called 'attitude polarization', which essentially is that the more a person reflects on their attitudes the more extreme they tend to become. Also when new information runs contrary to their beliefs they will tend to reject or be more skeptical of that information while showing immense bias towards information that supports there pre-existing beliefs.

Ignore idiots and trolls now, no point I'm not gonna make them smart by educating them, I will likely make them stupider.

Something for everyone to remember. Stupid people are stupid.
Brooke Turner

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:12 am

I apologize for offending so many people. I've angered a lot of people, and this argument is very pointless and is only heightening tensions for everyone, so its best for us to just leave this all behind us. I am sincerely sorry.

P.S. Hope the patch comes soon lol.

Edit: Also AGJ, I wasn't attacking you at all in my post, because you were respectful and calm in your post. I'm not sure why you think my post was aimed toward you, but it was not in any way, shape, or form. I apologize for any misunderstanding that caused you to attack me in your post.
Bad News Rogers

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:16 am

im a lil late but thanks for the info
Colton Idonthavealastna

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:56 am

What's with new problem of "Version Mismatch, restart game", My friend and I both had version 1.1.1.8003 latest patch and we cannot connect to each other to form a squad. Crytek Please look into this issue

Thank you
Agnieszka Bak

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 am

@ Twisted - Yeah, I think that people get invested in arguments and such that really have little value and are usually un winnable anyway (Aren't all arguments un-winnable?) and there is definately a motivational bias present EVERYWHERE these days. Sad but true. I just hope you don't forsaken the game entirely, because we really wouldn't still be here if it didn't have all that potential.

@ seram- You're fine dude. This community is largely people passing through. They wouldn't come here unless they had a problem, and since Crysis makes you set up an account for this site, they do come here when they have a problem. Expecting calm & rational conversations on this message board is wishing & dreaming. Not to mention the fact that posts here go largely ignored.

I would like to present some facts. This statement was made by the Crysis 2 producer Nathan Camarillo, I found it on wikipedia.

""With 250 people working on a project, thousands of bugs get fixed in a heartbeat." - Nathan Camarillo regarding the leaked beta 40-45 days prior to the games release.

**If you have 250 people on staff, and it was possible to fix thousands of bugs in a heartbeat prior to release, how come you guys cannot focus on 3-5 bugs post release and fix them in a 2 month span? The question I really have is what is the level of commitment of the parties involved in the success or failure of this game? I know it seems obvious (very little), but where are you at Crytek? Please don't tell me those 250 people are working on map packs, or Avatar outfits.

I think the main problem is that the hosts do not migrate successfully, and the grain issue (which I am not that familiar with exactly what it is). That and the bugs that have to do with getting your achievements, unlocking all the weapons on the firt play through in multiplayer and suff along those lines. Make the game a working game, that is ALL you have to do.

Also gamers, you can adjust the music volume in your settings, and there is a button on most TV sets that allow you to lower volume. Let crytek focus on the problems that make the game resemble a beta more than a finished product.

Secondly, I know I've said that dedicated servers were probably out of the question, but if the Crysis franchise wants to be successful on consoles, I think it is probably a required investment. Go ahead and get them, and you will be that much farther ahead when Crysis 3 comes out. GOW is using dedicated servers, and you guys do have EA backing you. Lag in multiplayer has to be the #1 problem that players are having & complaining about. I'd say it comes up 100x more often than the second place bug. Adress the lag first and foremost. I know that you can exit laggy games, and it isn't an un avoidable problem like host migration, but it is definately the most prevalent complaint.

I realize I probably wasted 20 minutes typing this, but it should have been obvious anyway. I am playing through the campaign on Super Soldier right now to get the achievements, my gamer pic is still the crysis dude, and my avatar is wearing a nano suit 2.0. I would love to not have anything bad to say about crytek,because I really really want this franchise to succeed. You guys are not helping, and the PR department should at least be doing some damage control and relaying progress information. RIght now crytek is drowning in their own mistakes.
aisha jamil

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:06 am

ok then
Damian Parsons

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:00 pm

Non stop issues with version mismatch and trying to get squads together since last night....We need a fix for this ASAP you can reset your xbox and still can't get it. You can be playing with someone one second and the next you have a version mismatch...
Please figure this out
Victor Oropeza

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:08 pm

every patch that comes with this game just makes it worse. you should have just left it alone. i dont even have the urge to play it anymore like i did the first week it came out. then somehow people complain about the stealth assassinations. wtf. move around more and you wont get your neck snapped. simple. thanks for ruining a great game crytek. you will get no more money from me.
Oceavision

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:01 am

the connection is the worst seen in a game online, should take action on the matter and give a solution, you can have thousands of users dissatisfied with this, I think they have the game pretty much given up on this issue. a solution now.
Chris Duncan

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:33 pm

it's pants?
what the hell does that mean?

and what the hell is "imbred"?
DAVId Bryant

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:59 pm

it's pants?
what the hell does that mean?
and what the hell is "imbred"?

how long until his post is removed for bad grammar ;)
herrade

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:13 am

yeah, his bad grammar offends me
Je suis

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Crytek - why o why have you ruined what could have been an amazing game.......
Enny Labinjo

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:14 pm

"fixed stability problems"
yea right! i just came from one very good match where i was doing good despite the host's bad connection, eventually either that SOB left the game or the game changed host but as its becoming a trend for this game instead of resuming on the great fun i was having, I WAS KICKED OUT yes people the game will boot you out on a regular basis.
now i hear people complaining about the pc version, but then again they probably have dedicated servers, our version as vussually impressive as it may be is broken. hell i am very dissapointed with it, its not even understandable why in the world a game such as COD wont boot me out (mind you COD isnt perfect by any stretch of the immagination) and yet this game with its mumbo-jumbo Cryengine 3 isnt capable of providing a stable framework for people to come by and enjoy a game that should in essence be a clean and fluid game.
atleast for what i have seen this developers were either too pressed with time deadlines or EA's urgent need to release games (often unfinished) to the market in order to pull ahead of the competition.
if there is anything EA has shown us is that clearly their main concearn is with their press and with their stock holders. and Crytek is also to be condemned for not taking advantage of EA's dedicated servers in the Xbox live's database. all we can do is hope that after Crytek realizes that the game is loosing its audience, then maybee after this DLC they can start to work on what is really wrong with this game in terms of stability and hopefully adding in dedicated servers, otherwise i dont see this game living on for much longer, maybe a month at best.
certainly i and most the people i know will stop frustrating ourselves with this mediocre unstabile interface way before that.
Laura Cartwright

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:11 am

atleast for what i have seen this developers were either too pressed with time deadlines or EA's urgent need to release games (often unfinished) to the market in order to pull ahead of the competition.
if there is anything EA has shown us is that clearly their main concearn is with their press and with their stock holders. and Crytek is also to be condemned for not taking advantage of EA's dedicated servers in the Xbox live's database. all we can do is hope that after Crytek realizes that the game is loosing its audience, then maybee after this DLC they can start to work on what is really wrong with this game in terms of stability and hopefully adding in dedicated servers, otherwise i dont see this game living on for much longer, maybe a month at best.
certainly i and most the people i know will stop frustrating ourselves with this mediocre unstabile interface way before that.

lets see what patch they might be releasing on the 17th, hopefully they might redeem themselves cause cRyteks name is already damaged...
chinadoll

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:51 pm

future patch??? the first few patches have done very little, not what the notes say, made some things worse(squads)...hmmm.
Dewayne Quattlebaum

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:26 pm

I personally don't harbor much hope anymore. Crysis 2 was just too haphazard and careless in its construction. It all seems rushed and arbitrary, like a half-finished puzzle they just forced the remaining pieces into place, no matter if they fit there or not.
Just take the German version, for instance, which was, I kid you not, translated by computer program, and a pretty mediocre one at that. It has, in fact, been translated word-by-word, with no regard whatsoever to aphorisms, common expressions, metaphors or grammatical constructs. Crysis 2 German features the most ridiculous and embarrassing translation-mistakes I have ever seen in any video-game, ever. Which is saying something, as German translations and localizations usually already pretty much own the bottom rung of the quality ladder. Still, how that one ever passed EA localization testing is absolutely beyond me (and yes, as a German myself, I absolutely can make a qualified evaluation of the translation).

I think the fact that a game by a German, produced by a German company, programmed mostly in Germany, who would dare to use a computer translator to bring their own game into their own language in such appallingly poor quality, speaks volumes for their intentions. It's either a lack of care or open despair (that wasn't supposed to rhyme, damn it!).

It's a really sad thing. I like the game, I like the MP. Well, maybe I'll just go back to playing the demo. That seemed to work perfectly all the time...
DarkGypsy

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:51 am

The game is broken, rank gets reset and you are fubar - selling this POS swiftly
Rude Gurl

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:19 am

Yeah. I agree with everyone here. Just got the game, campaign was cool. Only level 14 in MP, just came by the forums to see why it takes forever to find a ******* match. My first let down was when an EA game popped up "Migrating host" much to my surprise. They really dropped the ball on this one. Good premise, great graphics, matchmaking svcks. How do companies not understand that matchmaking is what draws people to FPS games?
I usually have 3 bars when I eventually get into a match, I have 20 MB down. I still got people punching the wall behind me in the killcam from time to time. I NEVER have lag on BFBC2 servers. EVER. P2P is cheap. They use OUR bandwidth to run the game. Even though we pay $60 a year to play online, and some of us pay for the higher speed internet so we don't have the lag. Oh and we paid $60 for their sh***y game that we can't find matches in and no way to search locally. You're telling me they don't have the money to spring for servers? Judging by the number of people playing this game, they'd probably only need 3 or 4 computers. It really is sad. I couldn't help thinking when I first started that this might be the best FPS I've ever played. But, then I had a lot of time to re-evaluate that while waiting for matches.
Hilm Music

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:43 am

This game depresses me. :/
BRIANNA

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:59 am

I concur 100%, I dont agree with the wanker name, but this is beyond pathetic. I already moved on to Portal 2 and in 4 days LA Noire will be my new game.

I have given Crytek and EA over 7 weeks to get their act together and they DONT give a HOOT about US. I was an UBER FAN and defender of this game but no longer.

It truly is a sad day for gamers on the 360 when it comes to this developer.

I will keep the game to get my 6th month achievement, but then I will break it in 2 pieces, since I cannot sell or even give this game to someone. I would feel bad if I did.

:(
pinar

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:59 am

I concur 100%, I dont agree with the wanker name, but this is beyond pathetic. I already moved on to Portal 2 and in 4 days LA Noire will be my new game.

I have given Crytek and EA over 7 weeks to get their act together and they DONT give a HOOT about US. I was an UBER FAN and defender of this game but no longer.

It truly is a sad day for gamers on the 360 when it comes to this developer.

I will keep the game to get my 6th month achievement, but then I will break it in 2 pieces, since I cannot sell or even give this game to someone. I would feel bad if I did.

:(

sell it now while its valuable and rent it for 1 cent in 6 months lol cause thats how much the game will be worth if they don't patch it up good...
louise hamilton

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:38 am

Haha nice one.. the game is not worth much as of right now, but i might use it for LA Noire
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:29 am

Haha nice one.. the game is not worth much as of right now, but i might use it for LA Noire

I betcha the price is gonna drop cause everybody will be trading it in for it ;)
what happens if the fix the netcode though?
Queen Bitch

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:26 pm

I betcha the price is gonna drop cause everybody will be trading it in for it ;)
what happens if the fix the netcode though?

This is why Crytek are shooting themselves in the foot and missing a big big opportunity.

If they communicated with us, and told us if and what is being fixed and a rough timeline - people might stick around and not trade Crysis 2 in. When you add on top the revenue lost from these people because they won't be buying the DLC I find it astounding that Crytek won't talk to their own customers.
Mel E

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis