Crysis and Crysis 2 PC Multiplayer Modes Set to Shut Down

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi all,

There has been a bit of discussion surrounding the ceasing of operations at Gamespy, and we wanted to take the opportunity to clear the air a bit as it were, by providing some informaiton on the whole topic;

As of May 31 this year, the multiplayer modes in Crysis and Crysis 2 for PC will no longer be playable. The conclusion of online multiplayer support comes as a result of GameSpy Technology shutting down all their hosting services. GameSpy have been providing multiplayer functionality for Crysis and Crysis 2 since they launched. The single-player campaigns in both games are unaffected by this transition, and the multiplayer mode in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation?3 versions of Crysis 2 remain playable.

We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another.
Ashley Hill

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:16 am

That's a shame. Crysis Wars was my first ever first person shooter. I will miss playing that game. :( Better reinstall it for a few more games before the servers go down. Really hope to see a re-release of Crysis Wars in a free to play model in the future.
kiss my weasel

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:58 am

I agree with WarSpirit. A F2P re-release, or something along those lines, seems like a good idea.

Other than that, it's really sad to see Crysis 1 and 2 MP go, but then again, Crysis 3 was really my favorite outing MP-wise.
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:49 am

To think that Crysis 2, a game that came out in the same year as Battlefield 3 (2011) and sold 2.1 Million copies in the Origin Humble Bundle will cease to have online Multiplayer functionality on PC but will on console is pretty sad and extremely disappointing, to say the least. You would think that a reasonable compromise would be to port over the game from GameSpy but at the cost of a few years of Multiplayer support, this for me just re-establishes my long held opinion about EA and something tells me that it won't be long until they are again voted the worst company in America.

Since this had now been announced the store listings for Crysis and Crysis 2 Maximum Edition need to be updated as it is now official that EA are selling condemned Multiplayer games and are selling features to users that at the end of next month they won't be able to deliver on. Let’s hope that third party software can do something to restore some functionality but I'm very doubtful.

This is a very sad and disappointing moment for me; Crysis 2 was my first modern FPS and the only one I have loved since. I love Crysis 2 so much that I recreated a part of my school for a multiplayer map, a map which I have still been working on till this day and have been preparing to release for the past week in the wake of the news that Gamespy is shutting down.

Crysis 2 is a great game, and without it my life would probably not be the same, I know how it sounds but Crysis 2 was a catalyst for many things in my life today and it hurts to see it go. I have had a fantastic time playing, the Crysis community is one of the best around and I have got to know many different people because of this game. We better make the best out of what we still have left and enjoy it while it lasts.

JamesDwho
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Oh God! I am VERY disappointed, indeed. Crysis 1 was my first FPS game, and Crysis 2 was the first FPS game, where I played multiplayer. Yes, it has a lot of bugs, glitches, but hey, it's one of the best games that I've ever played. Crysis Wars is a cool game, too. I had a lot of fun, and Power Struggle is a very creative game mode. Crysis 1's singleplayer campaign was very enjoyable. I played it over and over and over again.

I will never forget this game. Never. One of the best series ever! Get better soon!

R.I.P Crysis!

-A true fan, Gergo777.
Ernesto Salinas

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:30 am

EA is transitioning the older Battlefield games so they can be continued to be played in Multiplayer after May 31 when Gamespy ends its support.

Why isn't it doing the same for Crysis Wars and Crysis 2?
Pants

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:04 am

Will really miss Crysis 2, my first proper MP gaming experience. I hope people will find ways in which to continue being able to run/play on servers.
James Smart

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:19 am

Well, direct IP access is still possible.
I'm pissed. Had a great great evening with friends, come home and now this.
I would have got freaking Origin just to continue playing Crysis Wars without it.
Let's see how the inner circle will react.
Angel Torres

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:02 am

Guys I don't believe this! I play crysis2 since 2 years, and I think it has the best engine in therms of aim and movement.
To the crytek staff: remember this, this game is amazing! you created a jewel but you miss in support to your customers for not creating an anticheat (but we can fix that with admins on servers), for not answering on forum and finally want to close down. We are still there playing!!

To you guys
We can launch a petition! I checked on avaaz and they don't specify that it must be an humanitarian cause.

War_spirit would you like to do it in english? My english is not the best, I'm happy to translate it in italian. Are there other volunteers?

We must organize ourselves guys.

Thinking what to ask: is principally Crytek to continue the multiplayer access from the gamepanel.
Do I miss something important? I don't even know if the shut down is legal, as we payed for the single and multiplayer probably we cud claim a refund. But the point is oneother.

I have no idea why crytek needs gamespy and what is the function of it. If the server list cud just be hosted in some other way, but it must be publicly accessible as it is now.

Btw I also just opened a server for a six mounth time it's called "the DLC CONNECTION".

I AM WORKING TO MAKE A PETITION, on the crysis2 forum check the topic
Dan Scott

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:12 pm

No reason to ever buy another EA game, or any game hosted with gamespy

Thanks for saving me a ton of $
sharon

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Comam mamey
Bethany Short

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:33 am

Hi all,

There has been a bit of discussion surrounding the ceasing of operations at Gamespy, and we wanted to take the opportunity to clear the air a bit as it were, by providing some informaiton on the whole topic;

As of May 31 this year, the multiplayer modes in Crysis and Crysis 2 for PC will no longer be playable. The conclusion of online multiplayer support comes as a result of GameSpy Technology shutting down all their hosting services. GameSpy have been providing multiplayer functionality for Crysis and Crysis 2 since they launched. The single-player campaigns in both games are unaffected by this transition, and the multiplayer mode in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation?3 versions of Crysis 2 remain playable.

We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another.

Why not migrate the servers to a different service like EA is doing with its other titles affected by this change? You can't simply shut it down, Crysis 2 on PC still has a somewhat alive community.
GRAEME

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:39 am

Will multiplayer for crysis 2 still continue on ps3?
Or will that close as well?
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:33 am

Will multiplayer for crysis 2 still continue on ps3?
Or will that close as well?

From Cry-Marcel on Crydev, yes the console versions are unaffected:

"Hi all,

We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another."
Jah Allen

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:50 am

Crysis 2 multiplayer on PC is the only MP game I have will to play right now, I've been playing it since day one, still my favorite MP game since the days of Quake 3 Arena. I had preordered C3 Hunter Edition backthen for me and for both of my sons back in March 2013, but didn't liked the multiplayer, especially energy management system.

C2 MP community is maybe small compared to other MP communities but not because of us players, problem is on Crytek & EA side: lack of support and non existent official anti-cheat system. Crysis 2 multiplayer on PC isn't perfect but it's stull a helluva fun game to play! Almost 40 years here on my back, player for more than 30 years and still feeling like a young player just because of Crysis 2 multiplayer I'm playing when I have free time and strenght. If Crysis 2 multiplayer dies I think I'm going to close my old and fat gaming book: probably the end of my both single and multiplayer gaming on PC, forever... :( If that happens EA and Crytek can forget about my wallet for future games on PC for me and for three kids of mine.

I really hope we can do something more about it so that this great multiplayer game don't die so soon. Spread the words about this on social networks and gaming forums, wipe the dust from those Crysis 2 DVD boxes, install game and play multiplayer like we did it before so that Crytek and EA can see C2 multiplayer on PC is still alive. Let's make a petition to give this amazing multiplayer game one more chance, one more breath to live for at least few more years.

Otherwise if C2 MP dies on March 31st many of still faithfull player will be very dissapointed. I really hope it won't happen...
nath

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:08 am

Crytek if you are reading this, please get rid of auto aim on ps3 :D
benjamin corsini

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:26 am

EA tries to save their older titles but they don't bother saving my favorite's game multiplayer. Seriously who cares about Battlefield 2142??? They should rather care about Crysis games. Do they really want to lose the small player base that is left? I guess if Crysis Multiplayer is going to die they really want us to abandon that game and play Bugfield 4 or Boringfield 2142.
Blessed DIVA

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:31 am

The MP is not working already since gamesas page closed!!! Tons of people cannot login with their account and nobody cared, now the DEVs suddenly just walks in like nothing to tell us MP is down, haha.

I see Crysis 3 is abandoned too, absolutely no support... at least we see how they treat their customers. I guess they are now focusing on the Warface crap, good luck with it, won't ever touch any game from you.
Sarah Bishop

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:58 am

Will Community Dedicated Server still work?
Matt Bee

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:57 am

对于失去了孤岛危机2 MP 就等于失去了心爱的爱人
for losing crysis2 mp to me like losing lover in the real life
Taylor Tifany

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi guys,

I've set up an online petition over at GamerPetitions and it is doing really well!

Please guys sign this petition to get Crytek / EA to reconsider this awful move and find another server provider, or at least let us host our own servers!

http://Gamerpetitions.com/petition/save-crysis-multiplayer-support

Crysis2 has only been out a few years and already they're getting rid of one of it's core features!
Ladymorphine

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:58 am

lol, another petition https://www.change.org/petitions/save-crysis2-multiplayer
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:26 pm

I see Crysis 3 is abandoned too, absolutely no support...

Crysis 3 has a very low amount of minor bugs, next to none in multiplayer, very solid anti-cheat and a fully working dedicated server infrastructure. It is also the best Crysis multiplayer game, so I personally recommend that you give it a try, especially with how cheap it is nowadays.

Will Community Dedicated Server still work?

Nope. Sadly, those relied on the Gamespy multiplayer infrastructure as well. Crysis and Crysis Wars should work through LAN virtualization though (Tungle, Hamachi).
CArla HOlbert

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:26 am

No.
No.
No and No. :(
Lil Miss

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi all,

Chris BEvan

Next

Return to Crysis