Crysis 2 PC fixes & info [Updated 16th April]

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:33 pm

so if i did what you said i can play without the server crashing.... well its worth a shot
Jamie Moysey

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:31 am

what about the "game crashes after a few matches/missions" issue?

there are some minor flaws but the crashing is the most annoying one.
and yes my computer is more than capable of handling the game.
in fact, the graphics-settings do not even matter.
Claire

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:04 pm

I think that theres a problem with the graphicsdriver from nvidia. Cause when rebooting very fast after a crash in last mission, i always get a bluescreen and a hint in windows that there are problems with the graphics driver.

But it cant be a solution to downgrade every option in game and system specifics... Then i could even buy a lower system! ;-)
BEl J

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:30 am

Hey Adam, could you check this bug and maybe fix it with the next patch, pls?

When you're playing MP and you have activated that SCAR-skin which was included in the Limited Edition, it is sometimes possible for your opponents to see your weapon even though you've got cloak engaged. I've never made that fault (using that skin), but for those who use this and still don't know about it, it is a really big disadvantage.

Greetz
Mazzel
Brian LeHury

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:49 pm

I think that theres a problem with the graphicsdriver from nvidia. Cause when rebooting very fast after a crash in last mission, i always get a bluescreen and a hint in windows that there are problems with the graphics driver.

But it cant be a solution to downgrade every option in game and system specifics... Then i could even buy a lower system! ;-)

Well if BSOD indicating graphic driver problem then you should try a different driver version, it might do the trick and about sound quality method, don't worry as lowering sound quality from Studio to CD quality doesn't produce noticeable difference in sound quality, it however solves many crash problems. I faced this problem in Batman and lowering the quality solved it without compromising quality.
Matt Bee

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:59 am

Hello BarJabba, welcome to Crysis 2 forum,

I am a web developer myself from Pakistan, so you got a friend here :)

LanceAce, thank you for the hand of friendship. I definantly appreciate it. Especially in this day and times.

It seems to be that Multiplayer platform is something not to mess with. I am really just intersted in SP for the time being. I take shugrin at having any issues in the graphics, even in DX9c. I can surely see what all the hub bub is all about in not utilizing DX11 and reverting back 2 whole versions. At least, they should have been intuitive enough to develop in DX10. Even if they were going for a "bait and switch" initial sales ploy.

I just hope I can get the higher graphics mode, as my hardware can handle everything pretty decently. In COD4:MW1, all those "glitches & zombie things, would just be down right embarrassing to me as a developer. I might have done the honor/sameri sort of thing (sword in the intrails.)

They made an announcement that they are working on a Dx 11 patch for PC but so far no proper details are released. Also they have made some patches to fix PC bugs but those patches not very effective. In my overall opinion console development of Crysis 2 caused a lot of harm to Crysis 2 PC, no matter how much they deny it, its a fact.

Okay, now I need to get a hold of a good download site for the latest Crysis 2 patch. I went to a few sites, but they required me to totally open my browser, which I won't do. I can download just fine on some other sites. If my alert in IE8 comes up I just allow for this session only and re-initiate the download. These sites wouldn't download the actual file. But, I would get the "thank you" page. I wonder if anyone knows of a quick and easy site to get this download?

Anyway if you're looking to pass some quality time for your healing, I think Crysis 2 will do the trick. The single player is great and multiplayer has a lot of potential, however the bugs are making things dirty. If you're fan of strategy and RPG games then there are some good games for you, Shogan Total War is a big PC hit (Strategy) and The Witcher 2 (RPG) is releasing on 17th May, one of the most anticipated RPG game of year 2011. Get well soon :)

I did like the original Command & Conquer title (from 2000 +/-). RPG's have always been a little, well, boring to me. I mean no insult. It's just I didn't like that I got so impateint and I spent more time learning HOW to play it than to actually play it. After a long day of racking my brains on software development, I came home wanting some action. I was all too ready to kill the latest enemy, monsters from some distant planet, or the brain eating undead.

Anyway, thank you for the well wishes concerning my health. I appreciate the contact. Hope to see you around.
Alexis Estrada

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:00 am

Hey BarJabba, you can download the latest C2-Patch from here. It is a direct dl-link from another page of gamesas.com. I just copied the link-adress. It is Patch 1.4.
Otherwise you could download it by starting the Crysis2Launcher.exe. When you have the EA Download Manager installed, Crysis 2 should autoupdate.

Greetz
Mazzel
ashleigh bryden

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:28 am

my crysis 2 For PC serial is being continously being asked each time i enter it and it says that it has become successful...yet the game does not start n asks me the key continously
Adrian Morales

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:45 pm

Did you even read the first post?

[...]

Keys/Accounts
    [...]
  • - Crysis 2 wont remember my multiplayer key [FIX!].

[...]

Thank you very much for your patience and your assistance in helping find and fix issues! More to come! If you know of any answers/information that's not listed here, please PM me and i'll add it in.

Regards,
- gamesas Team

Hope, this link will give you the ordered solution... :)
Judy Lynch

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:47 am

my problem is with the connection - "lost connection to opponent. you have been signed out"
its not my PC / net / router , because this only happens to me in crysis 2 - all my other games multiplayer are O.K.
x_JeNnY_x

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Now, this is becoming frustrating as HELL!

I've just gotten a promotion, a weapon attachment unlock, a primary weapon unlock and a secondary weapon unlock. At the end of the very same match where I got this stuff, guess what? ....ALL GONE!
Another thing I noticed is: let's suppose I jump and someone kills me in mid-air. Fine, it happens; BUT, when I watch the kill cam, I see myself standing still in the ground while being shot! It's like the actions I make are delayed to the others' eyes.
Same thing when I kill someone: I repeatedly hit him/her IN THE HEAD and during the kill cam (yes, meanwhile the other player got to kill me with one single pistol bullet shot randomly without aiming), I see my own bullets going in EVERY direction except the head. (fyi, he problem is NOT my connection!).

One last thing: how come every time I log in to this page, the welcome message ALWAYS appear as unread? You guys are having serious problems down there...

"Not good, people! Not good at all!"...
Lavender Brown

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 pm

I've just gotten a promotion, a weapon attachment unlock, a primary weapon unlock and a secondary weapon unlock. At the end of the very same match where I got this stuff, guess what? ....ALL GONE!
Another thing I noticed is: let's suppose I jump and someone kills me in mid-air. Fine, it happens; BUT, when I watch the kill cam, I see myself standing still in the ground while being shot! It's like the actions I make are delayed to the others' eyes.
Same thing when I kill someone: I repeatedly hit him/her IN THE HEAD and during the kill cam (yes, meanwhile the other player got to kill me with one single pistol bullet shot randomly without aiming), I see my own bullets going in EVERY direction except the head. (fyi, he problem is NOT my connection!).

One last thing: how come every time I log in to this page, the welcome message ALWAYS appear as unread? You guys are having serious problems down there...

Yes bro I also went through this mess myself and its pretty frustrating, however WaR_SPiRiT confirmed on my thread that once you're level 50 you'll get everything unlocked, but getting to level 50 with all these bugs seems difficult I think, here is the link if you wanna see my thread.

http://www.gamesas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=25703&start=10
Latino HeaT

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Hello BarJabba, welcome to Crysis 2 forum,

I am a web developer myself from Pakistan, so you got a friend here :)

LanceAce, thank you for the hand of friendship. I definantly appreciate it. Especially in this day and times.

It seems to be that Multiplayer platform is something not to mess with. I am really just intersted in SP for the time being. I take shugrin at having any issues in the graphics, even in DX9c. I can surely see what all the hub bub is all about in not utilizing DX11 and reverting back 2 whole versions. At least, they should have been intuitive enough to develop in DX10. Even if they were going for a "bait and switch" initial sales ploy.

I just hope I can get the higher graphics mode, as my hardware can handle everything pretty decently. In COD4:MW1, all those "glitches & zombie things, would just be down right embarrassing to me as a developer. I might have done the honor/sameri sort of thing (sword in the intrails.)

They made an announcement that they are working on a Dx 11 patch for PC but so far no proper details are released. Also they have made some patches to fix PC bugs but those patches not very effective. In my overall opinion console development of Crysis 2 caused a lot of harm to Crysis 2 PC, no matter how much they deny it, its a fact.

Okay, now I need to get a hold of a good download site for the latest Crysis 2 patch. I went to a few sites, but they required me to totally open my browser, which I won't do. I can download just fine on some other sites. If my alert in IE8 comes up I just allow for this session only and re-initiate the download. These sites wouldn't download the actual file. But, I would get the "thank you" page. I wonder if anyone knows of a quick and easy site to get this download?

Anyway if you're looking to pass some quality time for your healing, I think Crysis 2 will do the trick. The single player is great and multiplayer has a lot of potential, however the bugs are making things dirty. If you're fan of strategy and RPG games then there are some good games for you, Shogan Total War is a big PC hit (Strategy) and The Witcher 2 (RPG) is releasing on 17th May, one of the most anticipated RPG game of year 2011. Get well soon :)

I did like the original Command & Conquer title (from 2000 +/-). RPG's have always been a little, well, boring to me. I mean no insult. It's just I didn't like that I got so impateint and I spent more time learning HOW to play it than to actually play it. After a long day of racking my brains on software development, I came home wanting some action. I was all too ready to kill the latest enemy, monsters from some distant planet, or the brain eating undead.

Anyway, thank you for the well wishes concerning my health. I appreciate the contact. Hope to see you around.

My pleasure Bar :)

What's more funny about this game is that Crysis which was a PC exclusive was Dx9 as well as Dx10 compatible while this one is only Dx9 compatible and they still call it superior than Crysis.

If you wanna play with Crysis 2 settings consider getting this nice little application created by a community member Wasdie, it allows you to fiddle with advanced settings of Crysis 2 which are actually hidden behind three measly presets in the game. Here is the link

http://www.wasdie.blogspot.com/

As for patch download, the links Mazzel gave you are nice and working :)

And yes! for some brain eating monster horror, Deadspace 2 is your pick. However moms don't like it ;)
Lynne Hinton

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:33 pm

I see by removing the PC issues from the front page they are sweeping all the problems still plauging the game under the carpet. I STILL cannot play the game online and its been out for HOW long? Why did i even bother getting the limited edition...I get disconnected from servers my stats get reset constantly, i don't even bother playing that much just pop on every few weeks to check that it still hasn't been fixed. The only joke bigger than this cock up is the PSN...good job guys!
Eduardo Rosas

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:47 am

"maximum fail, enabled"
*gets randomly kicked from every server after 2-5 minutes of play*
good job, crytek!
Darren

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:01 am

what they need fiirst before dx11 is that they need to fix the login issue with the cd key. why does it not work all the time for mp ?????? big let down didnt have this problem with it in crysis 1 whats the deal crytek???? and plus the game crashes after bout 2 rounds on mp so wth . need some answers or my money back.
Kelli Wolfe

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:51 am

Yes bro I also went through this mess myself and its pretty frustrating, however WaR_SPiRiT confirmed on my thread that once you're level 50 you'll get everything unlocked, but getting to level 50 with all these bugs seems difficult I think, here is the link if you wanna see my thread.

http://www.gamesas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=25703&start=10

Thanks for your reply, dude!

Before checking your discussion, I played a little more, got promoted again, and, of course...lost everything one more time. I'm still asking myself why I still bother playing.. :)
In that discussion however, someone says that if you lose your token, you will get it back with the following promotion. Well, I can confirm everyone right now that it is obviously false. First hand experience.
Rob Smith

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:57 am

my problem is with the connection - "lost connection to opponent. you have been signed out"
its not my PC / net / router , because this only happens to me in crysis 2 - all my other games multiplayer are O.K.

Yeah, that's exactly the problem that I have... Only solution is to find a good server. There are some servers, that have that problem very infrequently.... Search it intensively and have fun there! ;)
Dean

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:39 am

*READ PLEASE*
if you get disconnected every time and you have a dlink router, then this should work for you (worked for me).
Go to your dlink router settings, select ADVANCED - then select FIREWALL SETTINGS - on the UDP and TCP you set to "endpoint independent"
apply changes and it should work for you.
please spread the message if this worked for you too....
Felix Walde

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:34 am

Thanks for your reply, dude!

Before checking your discussion, I played a little more, got promoted again, and, of course...lost everything one more time. I'm still asking myself why I still bother playing.. :)
In that discussion however, someone says that if you lose your token, you will get it back with the following promotion. Well, I can confirm everyone right now that it is obviously false. First hand experience.

Your most welcome :)

Yes I also confirm that if you loss something you won't get it back in next level, I lost three tokens myself and didn't saw them in next level, however if the thing about level 50 is right then I think its worth a shot, I am level 24 right now so it will take a lot of time before I reach level 50, it will be nice if someone who reached level 50 give us some feedback.
Sarah Knight

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:42 pm

....i was in Stealth-Mode, waiting for a victim - then he comes. I changed into armor-mode and shot nearly the full mag of the scar into his head.....Slightly unimpressed he turned around and shot me with the 9mm gun.

In the replay i saw my bullets everywhere but NOT in his head. The guy was Lv. 5 or so i was about 20.

Am i blind?

Clear that u cannot remove cheating at all, but what happens in this game is awful....
got killed about 2500 times now, maybe a new record
SaVino GοΜ

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:21 pm

а что мне одить в псевдониме?все перепробывал,и пишет там только цыфрами.
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:10 pm

New Cap at Catalyst, and flickering is back !!

**** off
Nicola

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:08 pm

New Cap at Catalyst, and flickering is back !!

**** off

exactly, i mean whats going on now seriously, seems like amd is doing this on purpose
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:32 pm

poo
bimsy

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis