Dark brotherhood VS Thieves guild

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:10 am

They do but they are still there and you can not get the shout from the TG only dungeon. That bites.

Besides you have several NPC's wanting the TG removed or destroyed. The Lioness and others mentioning sending a small group of guards down there to clean it up. But they never let you do it I assume because Ms. Black-blair is convening the Jarl that everything is ok. There's someone else I'd like to take out, even after I head the TG.

The the thing is the TG are thieves not murders so lethal force without evidence might be frowned upon. Being inside a Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary is evidence your an assassin, hanging around a Tavern built into a storm drain isn't evidence of anything and due to Maven its likely they'd know the guards were coming hours in advance and be able to slip out through the secret pannel at the back of the Flaggon.
Sheeva

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Dark brotherhood was way too close to what it was in oblivion. However, the "thieves guild" ended up being a "warriors of night" guild instead, which pretty much ruined it.
Laurenn Doylee

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:13 am

I was very upset with the Dark Brotherhood questline in Skyrim. In Oblivion, there were very neat ways to kill people (like the one mision where you loosened the supports behind the stuffed minotaur head to make it fall on the man below) and you would get some pretty cool extras from sticking to the rules. In Skyrim, there were hardly any bonuses, armor that was way too tight, and no interesting ways to...remove...your targets (except publicly killing that one important political person in Solitude). The Thieves guild was MUCH more interesting in Skyrim with being able to get nice looking armor and weapons, collecting trophies from your many heists, and talking to a Daedric princess.

In summary: I liked the Theives guild more. Sorry D.B. lovers. :wacko:

Oh yeah, and ,if you know what I'm talking about, the Shadow Marks around the different buildings and dungeons were a neat bonus.
Claire Jackson

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:02 am

There's no such thing as armor that's way too tight. Way too SKIMPY (with mods....) maybe, but the best armor in the game depending on one's personal taste for "look" is either TG or DB (not the robes....)
lillian luna

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 pm

The brotherhood in Skyrim is a joke. I only regret not being able to bring down also Cicero and that vampire in disguise.

PS. I also hate the random DB assassins on the road. You can see them charging, with that silly red and black armor, from distance. Are they supposed to be highly trained assassins or good for nothing thugs?
nath

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 am

I was very upset with the Dark Brotherhood questline in Skyrim. In Oblivion, there were very neat ways to kill people (like the one mision where you loosened the supports behind the stuffed minotaur head to make it fall on the man below) and you would get some pretty cool extras from sticking to the rules. In Skyrim, there were hardly any bonuses, armor that was way too tight, and no interesting ways to...remove...your targets (except publicly killing that one important political person in Solitude). The Thieves guild was MUCH more interesting in Skyrim with being able to get nice looking armor and weapons, collecting trophies from your many heists, and talking to a Daedric princess.

In summary: I liked the Theives guild more. Sorry D.B. lovers. :wacko:

Oh yeah, and ,if you know what I'm talking about, the Shadow Marks around the different buildings and dungeons were a neat bonus.

I guess you didn't push the loose stone to fall on top of the bride-to-be.

More missions like that would have been fun though. Too many were just "go kill someone and come back".
Oscar Vazquez

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 am

You can see them charging, with that silly red and black armor, from distance. Are they supposed to be highly trained assassins or good for nothing thugs?

They kind of remind me of the initiates in the Dawnstar Sanctuary. They sure do have their 'skill'.
Amy Smith

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim