Dark brotherhood VS Thieves guild

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:30 pm

I personally think the dark brotherhood was way more interesting then the thieves guild. And plus it comes with my favorite follower in the game. Cicero. Is there anybody who thinks the thieves guild had a better storyline
Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:57 am

Hell yes. TG was awesome this time around. DB was complete crap (no offense but imo)

seriously the whole "assassinating the emperor" ruined the DB. there were no unique assasination whatsoever.

1st mission kill a bandit leader (wow)
2nd mission kill a bride by arrow or by pushing a rock. Oh and run...
3rd mission kill a gaurd...
4th mission at least you had to kill in cold blood for once... kill an innocent chef then just go to an inn and kill an orc..no witnesses
5th mission ok somewhat unique just because of the fact the Sanctuary got burned
6th mission such an anti-climactic way to end the guild. Gosh getting to the emperor was so easy, and geez the Emperor acted in such a generic way

Seriously in Oblivion you had to do 6 missions just to be recognized.... and they were all so awesome and unique. I also felt regret for killing these people in Oblivion, or great pleasure if I was RP a killer. But in Oblivion they were so...radiant.

Also the guild was so weak. I mean the "return to glory" was so absent. You get Babbate and Nazir left thats it. Yet they pretend things are looking good. The only difference is the Night Mother is back, and you had 5 other members... the DB were just cut-throats.

In TG you could see the difference in rebuilding the guild, the story line was interesting and I felt actual emotion. I was vengeful in Mercer, but proud when I became Guild Master. And the change from TG from Oblivion to Skyrim was cool. I mean Nocturnal had a more involved role in TG

Plus the characters were cool. Vekel, Devin, Vex, Vipir, Rune, etc etc.

Bah DB was crap. TG was better and I'm surprised. DB was my fav guild in OB
victoria gillis

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Dark Brotherhood is better, only good thing about the Thieves Guild is Vex and the rewards.
aisha jamil

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:04 am

DB > TG.

Spoiler
I'm doing the TG quest again now with my Khajiit. The main quest is ok, but the grinding for trophies and restoration is awful.

I also like the fact that if you do not want to do the DB you can destroy them instead and still get the Dragon Shout. TG you can't remove them (though I so wish I could) and without joining you miss a Dragon Shout.

Why is this thread even in the General Discussion?
Nicole Mark

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:35 pm

Hell yes. TG was awesome this time around. DB was complete crap (no offense but imo)

seriously the whole "assassinating the emperor" ruined the DB. there were no unique assasination whatsoever.

1st mission kill a bandit leader (wow)
2nd mission kill a bride by arrow or by pushing a rock. Oh and run...
3rd mission kill a gaurd...
4th mission at least you had to kill in cold blood for once... kill an innocent chef then just go to an inn and kill an orc..no witnesses
5th mission ok somewhat unique just because of the fact the Sanctuary got burned
6th mission such an anti-climactic way to end the guild. Gosh getting to the emperor was so easy, and geez the Emperor acted in such a generic way

Seriously in Oblivion you had to do 6 missions just to be recognized.... and they were all so awesome and unique. I also felt regret for killing these people in Oblivion, or great pleasure if I was RP a killer. But in Oblivion they were so...radiant.

Also the guild was so weak. I mean the "return to glory" was so absent. You get Babbate and Nazir left thats it. Yet they pretend things are looking good. The only difference is the Night Mother is back, and you had 5 other members... the DB were just cut-throats.

In TG you could see the difference in rebuilding the guild, the story line was interesting and I felt actual emotion. I was vengeful in Mercer, but proud when I became Guild Master. And the change from TG from Oblivion to Skyrim was cool. I mean Nocturnal had a more involved role in TG

Plus the characters were cool. Vekel, Devin, Vex, Vipir, Rune, etc etc.

Bah DB was crap. TG was better and I'm surprised. DB was my fav guild in OB
spoiler tag please
Annika Marziniak

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:30 pm

All the guilds were disappointing.
Claire

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Both saga's svcked. I was hoping with the dark brotherhood quest when it came to killing the emperor as a stormcloak that Ulfric would be somewhat involved in it. After killing him no word came out of Ulfrics mouth... not even a congratulations, no word from Galmar either. What a bummer.
MARLON JOHNSON

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:56 am

All the guilds were disappointing.
QFT. Dark Brotherhood especially. In Oblivion they REALLY played up the whole family notion, whereas in Skyrim they were like "There, you're the CHOZEN ONE. Now no one in your family trusts you."
liz barnes

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:30 am

TG is the best one!
Like a few others think: DB was [censored]!!! Much better in oblvion where you staged more accidents, the quests were basicly more cooler and I would eaven say that more work was put into them then in skyrim. I was very disapointed when I recently played the DB questline after saving it from the release of the game. :cry: The only thing I liked about DB in skyrim is that it doesnt end after completing everything like in oblivion when the final stage was to be some sort of deliveryboy.
Ruben Bernal

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:11 am

DB > TG.

Spoiler
I'm doing the TG quest again now with my Khajiit. The main quest is ok, but the grinding for trophies and restoration is awful.

I also like the fact that if you do not want to do the DB you can destroy them instead and still get the Dragon Shout. TG you can't remove them (though I so wish I could) and without joining you miss a Dragon Shout.

If you don't join up with the Thieves Guild, they stay mediocore.
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:03 am

The thieves guild is awesome because of the headcorders that displays all those rare collectibles you may have found during missions, including the infamous gray fox's cowl. After restoring the thieves guild and collecting all of the pink gems, it's a site to behold.
Also, I dislike the dark brotherhood because they're literally satin worshipping psychopaths. I'd rather be a self proclaimed assassin. Working as a government agent in Morrowind is much more appealing. My evil characters want self gain. I've never truly made a serial killer character.
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:18 pm

The thieves guild is awesome because of the headcorders that displays all those rare collectibles you may have found during missions, including the infamous gray fox's cowl. After restoring the thieves guild and collecting all of the pink gems, it's a site to behold.

What the F!? the cowl of the grey fox!? I had no idea and I eaven have the official game guide... where is it how do you optain it!!?? ..........aaaaahhh so thats what that empty bust is for? :D
CxvIII

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:51 pm

What the F!? the cowl of the grey fox!? I had no idea and I eaven have the official game guide... where is it how do you optain it!!?? ..........aaaaahhh so thats what that empty bust is for? :biggrin:

In Mercer's House, I believe. It's a shame you can't wear it.
lucy chadwick

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:19 am

Also, I dislike the dark brotherhood because they're literally satin worshipping psychopaths.
I wouldn't really equate Sithis to Satan. Sithis is not an Aedra or Daedra or any sort of god. Whereas Satan was once an angel and fell from Heaven, Sithis has always been as is since time immemorial. He is the embodiment of chaos but he has no form, to put it simply, he always has existed and always will. He existed before life or Mundus or even Aedra and Daedra and he'll probably be around long after those things disappear.
cassy

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 pm

I wouldn't really equate Sithis to Satan. Sithis is not an Aedra or Daedra or any sort of god. Whereas Satan was once an angel and fell from Heaven, Sithis has always been as is since time immemorial. He is the embodiment of chaos but he has no form, to put it simply, he has always been on the plane of Mundas and always will be.

I tend to class Sithis with Loki/Coyote....
Flash

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:48 am

I tend to class Sithis with Loki/Coyote....
You're closeish. Sithis supposedly spawned Lorkhan, who's pretty much based off Loki from Nordic mythology. He's even referred to as the "Trickster deity," and was just as volatile in terms of whether he felt like helping or hindering the Aedra.
Sami Blackburn

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm

You're closeish. Sithis supposedly spawned Lorkhan, who's pretty much based off Loki from Nordic mythology. He's even referred to as the "Trickster deity," and was just as volatile in terms of whether he felt like helping or hindering the Aedra.

Interesting - I've never really dug into the lore (the entire thing with the Lorkhan leaves me wondering what I just read.... no matter how many times I read it). So my putting Sithis with Loki was mostly just from stuff others have said over the years I've played these games.
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 am

Interesting - I've never really dug into the lore (the entire thing with the Lorkhan leaves me wondering what I just read.... no matter how many times I read it). So my putting Sithis with Loki was mostly just from stuff others have said over the years I've played these games.
Well I can see why you'd think that they're kind of similar. Sithis embodies chaos, which has always existed. Lorkhan is instability incarnate, because without him there'd be no uncertainties aka no Mundus/man/mer/any life ever. Loki's like that because if he didn't exist, everything would probably have been a lot more mellow for the Norse gods.
Rudi Carter

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:52 am

Well I can see why you'd think that they're kind of similar. Sithis embodies chaos, which has always existed. Lorkhan is instability incarnate, because without him there'd be no uncertainties aka no Mundus/man/mer/any life ever. Loki's like that because if he didn't exist, everything would probably have been a lot more mellow for the Norse gods.

Well, at least for Baldur!
Lynne Hinton

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:35 am

I personally think the dark brotherhood was way more interesting then the thieves guild. And plus it comes with my favorite follower in the game. Cicero. Is there anybody who thinks the thieves guild had a better storyline

i think both are cool and personally are the best factions on skyrim (because of storyline and quests), btw if i have to choose one...i'll go with thieves guild
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:30 pm

I dislike the dark brotherhood because they're literally satin worshipping psychopaths.

Satin worshippers? I'm off to join the DB. Theres a real need for better cloth in Skyrim. Too much fur and homespun.
Beat freak

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:44 am

Brotherhood for me. Maybe it was because of the (kind of cliche) ending and my feeling of sadness for the members, maybe because of Cicero, who's one truly unique chap, maybe because of the rain of gold Nazir poured over you for every commoner you assassinated in cold blood.
Overall, it was a bit more interesting to play. The Thieves Guild quests are nice, especially the ones that make you do some actual thieving, but goodness that Nightingale part was bad. You get some of the best gear but some of the worst quest experiences. Don't get me wrong, I honestly really enjoyed playing through those quests, but they felt so illogical after I looked back and thought about it.
Valerie Marie

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:34 am

Dark Brotherhood was better. I got so sick of doing all those little side quests to become Guild Master, I almost gave it up several times. Now I'm Guild Master and so what? At least DB gives you the Dawnstar Sactuary. And the TG people still treat me like crap. I am never going down there again! LOL :down:
JLG

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:17 pm

i liked the brotherhood a lot more than any other faction in the game. tg wasn't really that bad but i prefer cicero, nazir, and babete to those ungrateful thieves lol.
jasminε

Post » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:30 am

If you don't join up with the Thieves Guild, they stay mediocore.

They do but they are still there and you can not get the shout from the TG only dungeon. That bites.

Besides you have several NPC's wanting the TG removed or destroyed. The Lioness and others mentioning sending a small group of guards down there to clean it up. But they never let you do it I assume because Ms. Black-blair is convening the Jarl that everything is ok. There's someone else I'd like to take out, even after I head the TG.
Claire Mclaughlin

Next

Return to V - Skyrim