Dog City Trials - OOC #4

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:44 am

Thanks Magus. Quick suggestion, do you think that moving the active characters to the top of the list might be a good idea?

Lucie H

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 am

Probably, I'll sort through it today.

Clea Jamerson

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:10 am

Can someone give me sort of a quick summary about what's happened in the RP? I'd like to join so I'll read the original IC starter and the OOC, but it's take a while to read the whole damn thing
loste juliana

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:27 pm

haha well where to begin:

Front what I understand a senator was thrown and hung of the edge of a balcony for all to say. The Dog Syndicate and some other guys tried to fight for something in the Mall and after thing took a turn for the worse. most of the Mall was destoryed and with a city scared out of its mind Greyhound one, which i believe is the "police" of this city is trying to regain control over everything.

I think thats prett much what happened. The rest of it is just some side stories on how Kasta and I, and now himynameis are just trying to get through these hard times and survive this city.

Does that summarize it or did i miss something?

Stephanie I

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:42 am

I think that's about it. btw, Greyhound is just the SWAT-type (crisis management) division, not the whole police force. The Dog City Enforcers is the full police force, and besides the regular officers there are some small sub-divisions such as the Greyhound units.

But yeah, DG covered it well enough. A senator was murdered (hung) from his balcony, a cache of gold was fought over in the mall, and the whole place was destroyed after the nuclear car engines were detonated by a stray grenade. Kasta, DG and himynameislonewanderer (I love that username, btw) are doing a side-storyline which I've kinda lost track of what the ledger and all was for, but they are working with Magus's character and trying to keep their heads down because of a bounty on one of their heads.

I'm not really doing much. I probably win (lose?) the award for laziest GM, but I am going to write a small post of my character relaxing at home and baking some Mentat brownies.

I'm glad you're interested in joining, we lost half of our players inexplicably quite a while back, and have been going on with the six of us that are still here (Me, Magus, Padawan, himynameis, Kasta and DG_Nacho). Our original GM, Dalek, is on hiatus but hopefully will be returning to us when he can. So some new blood is nice.

Len swann

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Welcome smiley :D

I think as long as you get the jist of what's going on you'll be fine ^.^

I also joined after everything went down, and my character was able to get into the action with no problems haha

haha why thank you barto :3

I honestly kicked myself for not putting more effort into my name initially, since I was not expecting to stay on the forums, but it's grown on me!

&& Pada's been MIA lately, I'll message him on xbox to see if he's still game! I think he might just be very busy in IRL. It happens :twirl:

Side note: I too do not know what the ledger is, should I know this?

Side side note: are mentat brownies like 'special' brownies? :hubbahubba: lol

Steph

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Where do you think I got the idea? :P

Britta Gronkowski

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:52 am

LOL. Just making sure I didn't miss something xD

I was just thinking "oh his characters making mentat brownies that's nice" and then I was like wait what? mentat brownies?! hahah

Tikarma Vodicka-McPherson

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:22 pm

so originally the ledger was supposed to be a list of transactions and account numbers for most of the major dog syndicate members. after some retcon with magus it has become a list of the people that were excavating the mall. I kind of see it leading the fox and alex to the puck and hopefully some decent action sequences.

Flesh Tunnel

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:27 pm

and if Padwan wants to show up again, Plus we always got Malcolm who could drop the entire city on us.

Ysabelle

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:45 pm

The List is mainly composed of Dog Syndicate members, with a few rich corrupt people on the side. I thought it'd be more interesting to sort of delve into Dog City more, seeing all of the sights and sounds, plus allow some character development on the side. And a heist. I have a heist planned, of epic proportions.

Anyway, Welcome Smiley, It's nice to see you're interested, if you have any questions the community here is more than willing to help.

lolli

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Magus, are you going to be controlling our target or do we have full control over what we want to do with him?

MatthewJontully

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:53 am

I'll control the target, though if you're looking for him, He's in the Circe Suites not the Aventine. Unless you're just buying out a room in the Aventine for a base of operations?

Kat Lehmann

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:30 pm

dang it that means I have to go through that whole post again.... I thought you said he was at the aventine

Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:24 am

You just have to change a few words around really.

Nope:

Anyway, in other news, I will be editing the OP to bring the active characters up to the top of the list, just a general GM note.

Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:19 pm

alright what I'll do is completely re-edit the post and make it so we purchase the penthouse then save all that other stuff for when we arrive to the Circe Suites

roxanna matoorah

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:23 am

Kasta, is it okay if I CC the realtor? I wasn't sure, I'm working on a post and I was just going to have her work her magic on him lol (nothing crazy btw :P)

Queen of Spades

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:21 pm

that's cool. he should be credulous since no one ever pays the whole thing off at once. its just little things like new locks on the doors and electronic gates for the business area. feel free to use him as you wish.

NO suckers In Here

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:55 am

I somehow forgot to mention this here, I'm without internet beyond my mobile data/free wifi hotspots so that mentat brownie post is delayed a bit. I want to get back into action when the new router arrives (isp is being slow...).
Eibe Novy

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:43 am

Okay I'll get a post up by tonight sometime when I get back :)

been a litttllllleee busy lately! Last week of school though yay!

Toby Green

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:50 pm

yaaaaay, no school! (As much as I disliked school, 2014 was boring cause I had nothing to do lol, so I ended up studying anyway for a qualification)
Maya Maya

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:58 am

lol! It's so close yet so far!! Awww I know you don't realize how much of your time it takes up until you aren't going anymore or you take a break haha :P

okay working on a posstyposttttttttt

Siidney

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:18 am

A bit of a longer post but I wanted to finally get this plan out there and try not to have as many fillers this time. If you guys feel the plan needs some work, talk it out IC

Nicola

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:02 am

NAME: David Jontos Pitcairn
FACTION: Independent
RESIDENCE: None, yet.
WEAPONS: Chinese Assault Rifle, Colt .45 M1911 x 2, combat knife x 2, homemade frag Grenades made from tin cans, varied explosives, and scrap metal.

PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: 5'11" with coal-black stubble and hair tapering from shaven sides and back of head to a combed top. He is built with some muscle, but has the appearance of quick, explosive power rather than massive strength. He wears grey cargo pants bloused into black boots, well-used, but in good condition. His jacket is rugged with pockets on the sleeves and front. He carries his Ranger Recon armor in his pack.

PERSONALITY: David is not much of a people person, usually suspicious, but tries as hard as he can not to be unpleasant. He is relatively quiet, but is usually assertive in a situation, not often trusting others' abilities. He suffers from mild PTSD from his time with the NCR. However, he is addicted to adrenaline and finds himself unable to settle down.

HISTORY: The first 17 years of David's life were standard for a child born into the NCR; he went to school, he played sports with his friends. But one day, a military recruiter presented at the high school. David was enraptured by the patriotic and heroic slides the recruiter showed and asked many questions about the military, the Rangers, the 1st Recon. The recruiter humored David as he asked what each of the decorations on his uniform were for.

With dreams of valor and glory in his mind, David could think of nothing else other than to join the NCR military. He signed up as soon as possible and was shipped away to train for service in the infantry. In 2281, David would see combat for the very first time at the second battle of Hoover Dam.

The brutality of the battle turned him into a cold-hearted killer, detached from any emotions while he fought the Legion, supermutants, and other hostiles during subsequent conflicts. This earned him a spot in the NCR Rangers. In 2288, an operation went wrong and David was inexplicably abandoned by the NCR, left to die at the hands of a slaver tribe in Eastern Utah. They marched him further east until, one night, he and a few of the slaves managed to break free. Before they escaped, he slaughtered many of the slavers in their sleep. Horrified by this barbaric act, the other slaves decided to travel without him. Once again, he was all alone. That was alright, though. He felt nothing of it. All he could do was walk further and further east as he turned his back on all he ever knew. He didn't know why he was leaving it all behind, but something kept him from caring, something broken inside.

Jonathan Montero

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:16 pm

Interesting Character. Approved by me, I'm one of the Co-GM's, though I'd wait for El Barto's approval as well.

Ysabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion