Dragonbone vs Daedric Armor

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 7:11 pm

You don't need two perks you can go up either side of the perk tree and get dragon armor you don't need both daedric and glass forging abilities
Killah Bee

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 11:26 pm

You don't need two perks you can go up either side of the perk tree and get dragon armor you don't need both daedric and glass forging abilities

yeah but my point was that there is a specific perk that unlocks plate armor and said perk is on the LIGHT armor side of the perk tree.
flora

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 2:55 am

What COULD be the case is that Dragon Armor's Armor Rating ceiling isn't reached until 100 Heavy Armor, at which point it outclasses Daedric

I'm looking at this from a Light Armor perspective. You're telling me that after I take Elven Smithing I have to take Advanced to get to Glass but until I get to Dragon THE ADVANCED ARMOR PERK DOES NOTHING?!
Dale Johnson

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 5:18 pm

I would also like to know what the point of the perk advanced armors is.
Anna Kyselova

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 3:18 am

What COULD be the case is that Dragon Armor's Armor Rating ceiling isn't reached until 100 Heavy Armor, at which point it outclasses Daedric

I'm looking at this from a Light Armor perspective. You're telling me that after I take Elven Smithing I have to take Advanced to get to Glass but until I get to Dragon THE ADVANCED ARMOR PERK DOES NOTHING?!

Oh, it does something. I've seen Steel Plate Armor, so I'm sure theres a few more variants to make. I'm guessing how it works for other armors is Light gets Scale and Heavy gets Plate.
chirsty aggas

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 3:42 am

On it being a trade off, or balanced, by having less AR/weight... The ONLY reason a Heavy Armored person would take that perk is for better armor.

Exactly. People wearing heavy armors are most likely try to reach perk to make heavy armors weightless, and they are most probably trying to enchant those armors with some useful enchants (other than Shield!), so the bare armor rating counts.
I love YOu

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 4:03 am

someone should tweet pete about this.
Causon-Chambers

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Oh, it does something. I've seen Steel Plate Armor, so I'm sure theres a few more variants to make. I'm guessing how it works for other armors is Light gets Scale and Heavy gets Plate.
So is there a Daedric Plate armor?
Aaron Clark

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 6:59 pm

So is there a Daedric Plate armor?
Could be.
Georgia Fullalove

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Could be.
Hmm. I hope it has more AR.
Natasha Callaghan

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 2:52 am

Traditionally Conjured/Bound Armor is normally on par with normal Daedric Armor right? Has there been much word on how Skyrim's Bound Weapons and Armors compare to mundane gear?
Katey Meyer

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 3:55 am

Well, if you head to the left side of the tree, you get dragon with your 5th point and daedric with your 6th. If you head to the right, the opposite is true. Light armor people are still going to spend that 6th perk so they can make daedric weapons. The difference of 10 points of smithing skill required to get the perks is negligible.

Comparing a dedicated smith to a non-smith:

Smith- can get legendary dragon plate at a very low level. This armor is likely better than unupgraded daedric. At higher levels can switch to legendary daedric for a small armor boost and a different look.
Nonsmith- can only get daedric (maybe fine?) at upper levels. This armor will never be as good as the legendary dragon stuff the smith got at low levels.

Even if they made daedric the top perk and dragonbone was an optional branch on the perk tree, I'd still take it.Even if daedric is better, getting godly, sick looking armor early on is obviously worth it.

My biggest peeve (at the entire game, really) is the lack of dragon bone weapons. Thats f---ing b---s---!
Jarrett Willis

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 12:26 am

Dragonbone better. Enough said.
Albert Wesker

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 5:17 pm

I seriously doubt you can go from Dragon to Daedric.
Adriana Lenzo

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 9:50 pm

If you mean in perk tree yes you can.
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 12:48 am

If you mean in perk tree yes you can.
I require visual evidence.
Dan Stevens

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 1:07 pm

You can obtain visual evidence online possibly but when you play the game as wel l you will have all the evidence you need.
steve brewin

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 3:54 am

I think you guys are all misunderstanding these perks.

There are two paths of perks Heavy armor and Light armor. I SERIOUSLY doubt any armor requires TWO perks to make it. All the perks on the right side are heavy armor (Dwarven, Ebony, Daedric etc) and all the perks on the other side unlock the ability to craft LIGHT armor. So ADVANCED ARMOR CRAFTING is making LIGHT ARMOR that is better than Elven Armor, but worse than Glass Armor.

I am completely positive that you don't need Advanced Armor Crafting to make any other type of armor just because its labels 'plate'.
Sharra Llenos

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 4:49 pm

I think you guys are all misunderstanding these perks.

There are two paths of perks Heavy armor and Light armor. I SERIOUSLY doubt any armor requires TWO perks to make it. All the perks on the right side are heavy armor (Dwarven, Ebony, Daedric etc) and all the perks on the other side unlock the ability to craft LIGHT armor. So ADVANCED ARMOR CRAFTING is making LIGHT ARMOR that is better than Elven Armor, but worse than Glass Armor.

I am completely positive that you don't need Advanced Armor Crafting to make any other type of armor just because its labels 'plate'.

Nope, Plate armors are Heavy.
chinadoll

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 11:18 pm

EVERYTHING this game stands for foreshadows DragonBONE armor as the best armor in the game. EVERYTHING. 75% of Skyrim's marketing was based on DRAGONS and how fierce they are.

The Smithing tree ENDS at Dragon Armor, 100 skill. Daedric comes BEFORE.

The Adv armors perk has been linked to "Plate" and "Scale" armors.

The Dragon armor shown in that screenshot is DragonPLATE Armor.

Until I see the same screenshout with DragonBONE Armor, or Daedric PLATE Armor, I will never believe that DragonBONE armor is worse than Daedric.

Then again, my Prima Guide unlocks tomorrow, so I'll know then.
roxanna matoorah

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 1:43 pm

Legendary indicates that it's been improved by someone with the appropriate perk. I imagine that the AR disparity is heightened by the improvement and may not even exist for unimproved versions. If true that means that Dragonbone armor would provide as much protection as Daedric and be lighter. WIth the improvement it's only a difference of 5 on the damn cuirass, which is sure to have the greatest disparity. So a full set of Dragonbone armor would weigh a lot less than a full set of Daedric and provide about as much protection either way.

Of course since that damn Conditioning perk completely negates armor weight instead of cutting it in half like it should (and like I'm going to mod it to do, damn it) that advantage disappears.
Cayal

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 2:14 am

I'll be glad to see what you find out lucas182. Hopefully your guide can tell us better info b/c as of right now, I'm sorely disappointed with how crappy dragonbone armor looks like (both the heavy and light versions). Daedric looks immensely better

EDIT: Just realized the armor in the new animation video is the Dragonscale light armor. It's been an armor I've been drooling over sometime now. I still think as for heavies, daedric looks boss and dragonbone looks like garbage, but the light variant looks badass.

RE: Time stamp 1:07 to 1:11 is Dragonscale. It's a better view of the picture of the light armor shown.

Now the only thing that could make me change my mind from doing light armor is a picture of Ebony armor, which I've seen rumors of it looking extremely gorgeous.
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 7:59 pm

Some guy posted stats and actually daedric armor is superior to dragonbone:

daedric armor (legendary) 125 armor 50 weight, value 6400, dragonbone armor (legendary) 120, weight 40 value 4250. Daedric boots and gloves have armor 52 while dragonplate has 49. Daedric helmet has 60 and dragon 59.

So? Didn`t developers said dragonbone armor is best in game?
it is hardly less armor and its less weight.
nath

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 12:52 pm

I suspsect that the Dragonbone will be better once it is upgraded. The Daedric will boost like 80% and the Dragonbone 100%, making it slightly better....and much lighter. Just a theory anyway...
same theory for me too
Anthony Santillan

Post » Wed May 16, 2012 4:13 am

Well, if you head to the left side of the tree, you get dragon with your 5th point and daedric with your 6th. If you head to the right, the opposite is true. Light armor people are still going to spend that 6th perk so they can make daedric weapons. The difference of 10 points of smithing skill required to get the perks is negligible.

Comparing a dedicated smith to a non-smith:

Smith- can get legendary dragon plate at a very low level. This armor is likely better than unupgraded daedric. At higher levels can switch to legendary daedric for a small armor boost and a different look.
Nonsmith- can only get daedric (maybe fine?) at upper levels. This armor will never be as good as the legendary dragon stuff the smith got at low levels.

Even if they made daedric the top perk and dragonbone was an optional branch on the perk tree, I'd still take it.Even if daedric is better, getting godly, sick looking armor early on is obviously worth it.

My biggest peeve (at the entire game, really) is the lack of dragon bone weapons. Thats f---ing b---s---!

I thought Dragonbone weapons had already been confirmed through some official channel. Did I dream this? :sadvaultboy:
Samantha Pattison

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim