End of the World?

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Does the kind of demon you summon depend on what music you play backwards?

You would imagine that the demon summoned by the backwards playing of Harry Chapin's

Flower's are Red would be lot different from doing the same to The Singing Nun's Dominique.

Does every song have a demon?

Kirsty Collins

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:29 pm

I know your song does....

The one by elton john....
Mark Churchman

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:03 am

its all a lie, don't you all realize whats actually going on?

the world has already ended.. on July 7th 2013 to be precise, just a little after 9am GMT.. the cause was the creation of a massive gravitational singularity resulting from an attempt by CERN to enhance the Large Hadron Collider with Alien tech they were given by a splinter group within the Illuminati who obtained it from Area 51 in hopes of achieving Godhood after a marathon the original Evangellion TV series as well as the original movie..

what we are all experiencing now is not the world as we once knew it, but a collective state of purgatory.. the only ones truly aware of the situation are those who had sneezed in the very moment the world ended

ZANEY82

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:08 am

I KNEW there was more than what the general public was aware of!
luke trodden

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:11 am

Why does the sun go on shining?

Why does the sea rush to shore?

Don't they know, it's the end of the world

'Cause you don't love me anymore.
Camden Unglesbee

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:44 am

You sneezed too, huh?

I found it kind of weird when I covered the wall in more snot than you usually find in an average ghostbusters scene..

Great.. after living in Sweden for nearly three years I finally get my residency permit from Swedish immigration only to find out that it's all a part of some demented collective hallucination and that the world actually ended just before I ever moved here..

well [censored]. :(

So, after the obligatory minute of mourning for that which is no more, it's Miller time!! :foodndrink:

Rachael

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:42 am

It kind of is the end of this particular world though, since these forums are going bye-bye, and I imagine a good majority of us aren't transferring over to Broken Stagnance.net? Like... our Minecraft community here is dead. Those angry snobby people that ran the Metal Thread are nowhere to be seen. The green wasps have gone extinct. Entire sections of this forum outside of CD are just gone now. I'm even missing the [censored]-posters like Jack Bauer at this point.

Lily Something

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:54 am

I think that some Dylan Thomas might come in handy just about now.

If the end of these forums happens and I were to see all of you no more -virtually speaking ;) .., I thank you for the time -very well- spent here, and that my contributions here were as equally well met as that which I thoroughly enjoyed reading as well as the discussions that I was a part of.

If the end ever hits us and I have enough breath still in me I hope I have the presence of mind to remember this.. :)

Everyone who knows the words can sing along if they wish.

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Shiarra Curtis

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:54 am

And Mai"q!
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:31 am

That's true desperation.

Adriana Lenzo

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:05 pm

It's M'aiq.

Mai'Que sounds like one of those names Americans give their children.

Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNI0rMeiF8

Man. This thread here is what made this forum great. People actually getting personal and real. Over the past few years, there doesn't seem to have been much of that, but I remember when we had folks like Suffca, TESFanner, Bonemonster, Spanky, and a whole plethora of other characters far too many to remember that really made everything lively. And you guys remember that Blackhand4 guy? Boy was he the best. He was the best of the best. If only he was still around in a different guise or something.

We've watched each other grow up. We've watched each other change, for the better or for the worst. We've seen millions of spam threads be posted by one person, who for some reason never got banned for it, and they became a legend of their own. We've also seen some crazy ass [censored]s come around here, like that one girl that accused us of discriminating her religion because rules she broke were enforced, or I'm pretty sure there was a time a chick threatened to put a curse on someone?

The point is... this was certainly one of the most colorful places you could go to on the internet. Regulated enough so that it didn't become a headache to browse, but loose and diverse enough to really make it a great experience. And while we could blame Bethesda.net for what has become, I personally think that some things became a little too regulated once Bethesda's rising popularity brought in more rambunctious posters.

And now it's over. We're all going to die. Thanks, Obama.

Arnold Wet

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:09 am

It really svcks that this aspect of music is gone. I have yet to find a way to play songs backwards on CD's, MP3's, or other digital media! :lol:

DarkGypsy

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:12 pm

Well, it's been a fun time. See you all on the other -AAAAAHHHhhhhhh....

(just watched Python's Holy Grail the other day)

Tamara Dost

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:31 am

No that was me, and to be fair, Justin's hair did fall out eventually.

Jose ordaz

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:13 am

Do Ghosts lives matter?

@OP- New York city was destroyed, m8. Myself and 100 people are living in the subways. Thank god I played metro....

Robert Bindley

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:30 am

Never miss another satanic message with Audacity - http://www.wikihow.com/Play-a-Song-Backwards.
JD bernal

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:39 am

I eemnber seeing that movie for the first time in the 70s and almost falling out of my chair when they had coconuts in place of horses.

Oh and the line" are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?" :D
Facebook me

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:32 am

Can confirm, here in Eau Claire we were saved by a giant cheese barrier!

RUby DIaz

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:24 pm

my senior year of high school i took a theater arts class and preformed Monty Python and the holy grail as our final performance.. my primary role was the Black Knight, but the guy who played Patsy was hospitalized the day before our performance, so they had me also take the role of bashing the coconuts...

Spaceman

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:05 pm

Ah, the cheese barrier. If New York had one of those, more people would still live. But alas, we only had the giant barrier of litter - strong enough to hold off some of the flaming stones.

An update - The first to go were the Gluten free Vegan hipsters. With nothing to eat, they turned on each other, claiming their own comrades in hip were the only things Gluten free and Vegan. My god.....it was....horrible.....

Jamie Moysey

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:50 pm

You used to be able to play stuff backwards on WMP. Back when you could though, there were quite a few things you could do with it. Nowadays, it's just a player.
Project

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:27 am

Enjoy hiding from those Nosalis. Say, which station is the Old York's Red Line station? I wanna go join them.

Nany Smith

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Update from Texas: Everything is relatively normal... I mean... it's not like the climate here was very harmonious to begin with. Matter of fact, most people seem rather eager about this whole world getting colder business.

That being said, there are reports of tremors occurring in the Gulf of Mexico. While they do shake the earth, the scientists who have got their tech working are saying that there is absolutely no reason why an earthquake should be occurring in that area. In addition to that, some residents who still hold on to their radios, as well as what few broadcasters remain, are claiming that during the broadcast, there appears to be some sort of interference... interference that resembles incomprehensible whispering.

Lou

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:17 pm

Speaking of earthquake..... I heard that Yellow Stone has been seeing an increase of activity the last few months.
Fanny Rouyé

PreviousNext

Return to Othor Games