ESO download starts all over again

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:30 am

I'll try that. Thanks. :tops:

x_JeNnY_x

Post » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:11 pm

this time round the folder changed to EU by itself, clearly they've listened to our frustrations and did something about it

Allison C

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:02 am

Its been mentioned somewhere as an official post I think, that even though it says 30GB, you have to make sure you have around 60GB free otherwise you will get an error message about the space.
It needs the space for patches and to run things (bit unsure about the details)

I freed up 30GB on my SSD and It still didnt work, run repair from the launcher and put it all on the 1TB ext HDD few days ago and its ready for launch.

Its fixable I think from what ppl stated so goodluck.
biiibi

Post » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:32 pm

I found out what the problem was. It was my fault. On startup of the ESO launcher, it asked me if I wanted to switch to the Europe Megaserver and I clicked on "Accept". I never thought that there was a different download for the European server. So the launcher wiped out the download of the North American Megaserver download and started downloading the European Megaserver download.

I just have one question: is the game worth experiencing even for a day? I am thinking of redownloading it but I want to know it is worth it for a day.

Mandi Norton

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:27 am

The message is because of how the patching system works. Rather than downloading to say your C: drives Temp folder (assuming you have 2 drives and Eso is installed on a second drive), they download directly to where the game is installed and then the patch is installed.

I can't see the game ever taking 60GB but we don't know come launch day, how much the game will be when fully downloaded but to take 60 GB, the pre-launch day patch would have to be 15GB download and 15 to install for a total of 60GB, 15GB would be refunded once the install was complete.
A Dardzz

Post » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Yes. That happened to me also this morning. It was a oversight on their part when the issue cropped up last beta, I think it was. Glad they fixed it and indeed, just shows that Zenimax listens.
gandalf

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:03 am

I don't even know what is going on. I switched to EU, it renamed my folder and downloaded a patch, quit, returned, switched back to US (because I need to be on both servers today) and it's downloading... something. In parts. So now I have two folders and I assume 60 GB at the end. So what, I have to download it twice, or keep renaming it every time I want to change the server?

Rich O'Brien

Post » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Well. If you want to try before you buy then yes. Don't you know anyone that has it installed? You could just rip their install to a USB stick and install on your system.

Or try one of those recovery tools and see if you can get back the files. Chances are they are still on the drive but just flagged by the OS as deleted.

Thy the recovery tool from Piriform as Its free and will tell you in seconds if it can be salvaged.
Louise Lowe

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:56 am

I'm not 100% on this but what I would do is. Find which one is complete either the EU or NA and do a copy so that you have 2 folders with the same files and rename one with the EU on the end and then just switch between them in the launcher.

I really can't see why they chose to called 1 EU, yet another huge oversight has its cause much confusion and from what I can see, the 2 clients are identical except for maybe 1 file that would indicate server but I bet that is set in the launcher folder.
Davorah Katz

Previous

Return to Othor Games