Fallout 4 gameplay?

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:31 am

Yes, but I was thinking about the Multiplayer thing. Such famous game as Fallout would have hundreds of thousands active users, and if there was around 20,000 people at time, not even splitting to hundreds of servers would stop the cities from being stuffed with slavers, ghouls and vault dwellers who talk and run around.

Chris Taylor (lead designer of the original Fallout and lead systems desinger of Fallout Online) said recently:

I've seen some discussion here and there about how many players is anti-Fallout (or, more generically, anti-post-apocalyptic). I'd disagree, of course, otherwise I wouldn't be involved in V13. There are plenty of precedents for grouping and social organizations. Even the Road Warrior had allies during his cinematic adventures. In Fallout, NPCs were always available to join your group and there were plenty of social organizations that had a number of members.

My vision includes the lone wanderer, erm, wandering through the wastes and a team of individuals working together for a common goal (like getting a truckload of fuel past some raiders). In any MMO, there will be times and places that have more people than others (social centers vs. instances, for example). It won't be all of one at all times.

Robert Garcia

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:54 pm

I've seen some discussion here and there about how many players is anti-Fallout (or, more generically, anti-post-apocalyptic). I'd disagree, of course, otherwise I wouldn't be involved in V13. There are plenty of precedents for grouping and social organizations. Even the Road Warrior had allies during his cinematic adventures. In Fallout, NPCs were always available to join your group and there were plenty of social organizations that had a number of members.

My vision includes the lone wanderer, erm, wandering through the wastes and a team of individuals working together for a common goal (like getting a truckload of fuel past some raiders). In any MMO, there will be times and places that have more people than others (social centers vs. instances, for example). It won't be all of one at all times.

Hmm interesting. I'd be more than happy to play FO:O if it was going to be like that. I never got used to WoW-like grinding games with massively boring goals and jobs, and especially the un-balancement of it.

If FO:O will be balanced and user-friendly towards people who have jobs and do not spend all time playing games, it will be my Top1 for "what game to get this year".
Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:58 pm

I hate MMO's....you have to pay fees,yeah sure you can play with freinds but you have to rely on connection speeds lag all that stuff...id like RPG with FPS elements cos Fallout 3 rocked!
Micah Judaeah

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:46 am

Why can't Bethesda add at least a LAN option. No multi-player because I understand the dilema. They should have done the same with Oblivion. There were some mods out there to patch the game to play with one other person but it didnt work so well. Just create a patch to give the option to lan with other players in your local area along with play single player. This option should really be available with a lot of single player games. For some it can be very fun fighting side by side if they wanted to. Any other thoughts??
LittleMiss

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 pm

There are two types of people; those who live with their brains, and those who live with their eyes. First ones prefer originals, the latters rather stay with 3.

Oh please.

I think it should be an isometric RPG, real time or turn based doesn't matter to me as long as it's done correctly and not mind-numbing like in the original Fallouts.
Rachel Tyson

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:54 pm

I agree. Taking fallout to what seems the next level these days (mmorpg) is ridiculous, unless they have a very low limit on people playing on a server, but thats not an option either. I think that Fallout going MMORPG is a dream of many players, and I hope it is one that will never come true. Just for the sake of what fallout games used to be.

I would love to see a Fallout MMO. There is actually a way to have lots of people on a server and still feel like Fallout - have an enormous map. I'm talking continent sized. That way there is all the wilderness and desolation while keeping MMO...stuff. Problem is - computers can't take that yet. And there would have to be no fees, perhaps a larger initial cost though. For fallout 4 however, I want a Fallout 3-styled gameplay system. It is what Beth does best.
Grace Francis

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:02 am

There are two types of people; those who live with their brains, and those who live with their eyes. First ones prefer originals, the latters rather stay with 3.

I Play with my brain, and I like all 3.

I think you're wrong. There are two types of people in the world, those who can move on and accept change, evolution and growth, and those who like to play ostrich and pretend that things dont have to change.

To answer the question, I dont see the mechanics changing much - 3rd person TB isnt Bethesda's style
Crystal Birch

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:50 pm

I think you're wrong. There are two types of people in the world, those who can move on and accept change, evolution and growth, and those who like to play ostrich and pretend that things dont have to change.

How about ones that simply prefer one type of gameplay over the other and ones that try to claim that their preferred style is somehow superior and an "evolution" of other styles?
Emilie M

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:40 pm

How about ones that simply prefer one type of gameplay over the other and ones that try to claim that their preferred style is somehow superior and an "evolution" of other styles?

My point wasnt so much against a preference, but what appeared to be, to me at least, some sort of claim that inteligent people dont like fallout 3.
jesse villaneda

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:00 pm

I am hoping for Fallout 4 to be more like Fallout 3 (VATS, FPS)
Sometimes I wish there was Co-Op but how would that work with VATS?
But for the most part Co-Op :thumbsdown:
SexyPimpAss

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion