Fallout 4 gameplay?

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 pm

What do you think? I would like like to see the old gameplay, Fallout 1 and 2, because the combat was pretty cool, there was lotsa strategy involved, and also because all the characters had a special personality that made the game really interesting. I loved Fallout 2.

Choose a poll option and hopefully post your opinion.

----

made the poll better
Fiori Pra

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:15 pm

I personally doubt that there will be a fallout 4 any time soon. I hope it will be a real time rpg thats offline though.
Louise Andrew

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:26 am

Continue in same vein as three. Improve NPC "depth". No online capacity. The problem with online gaming ? Other people.
Veronica Flores

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Fallout shouldn't be turned into an online-game. Other Players get in the way with the "do what you want / I am the chosen one" style of the game.
In fact, an MMORPG would destroy the whole Fallout-universe for me. (Interplay kept the rights for a Fallout MMORPG, I hope they never produce it)

I liked the turn-based F1 and 2, but V.A.T.S is somewhat refreshing and at least the next (possible) sequel to F3 should keep it the way it is.
Dawn Porter

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:07 am

I would enjoy invitational co-op or maybe a tdm in a preset area.
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:45 pm

I must admit having an MMO Fallout would be amazing!
Sakura Haruno

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:24 am

First-Person RPG with no online nonsense.
Emzy Baby!

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Online play svcks as it would be weird if Washington DC had thousands of adventurers marching in it's streets. It's much better when there is one lad walkin' the streets, and it's unrealistic that in coupla hundred years human population could flourish so much that USA was full of life in a snap.
Ben sutton

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:08 pm

I must admit having an MMO Fallout would be amazing!

Fallout 4 won't be a MMORPG. Interplay (the original makers of Fallout) has the license to make a Fallout MMORPG and it's currently in development:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Online_FAQ
Add Meeh

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:38 pm

I still say its too early to be talking about Fallout 4 when Fallout 3 was only just released... Well kinda... :shrug:
Rachael Williams

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Online play svcks as it would be weird if Washington DC had thousands of adventurers marching in it's streets. It's much better when there is one lad walkin' the streets, and it's unrealistic that in coupla hundred years human population could flourish so much that USA was full of life in a snap.

I agree. Taking fallout to what seems the next level these days (mmorpg) is ridiculous, unless they have a very low limit on people playing on a server, but thats not an option either. I think that Fallout going MMORPG is a dream of many players, and I hope it is one that will never come true. Just for the sake of what fallout games used to be.
Brittany Abner

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:37 pm

Just for the sake of what fallout games used to be.

What Fallout games used to be is gone thanks to Fallout 3. And as I stated in one of the posts above, a Fallout MMORPG is in production at Interplay, by the original makers of Fallout. Fallout 4 will be a different game, and will be single-player.
Baylea Isaacs

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:12 pm

I like the whole Isometric view so i would like to see that. I used to love games like Balders gate - dark Alliance 2. Champions Of Norrath etc.., The other games had depth, but I hate the Turn based systems. I am trying to give Fallout 2 a try but I lack the patience for turn based combat. Id still buy it if it was like Fallout 3 but RTRPG would kick ass also.
Jack Bryan

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 am

It would be interesting to see some kind of combat system similar to Neverwinter Nights.
Natalie Harvey

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:53 pm

I hate that 2.5D isometric thing. It's so old and bland. I'm glad they switched to 3D. 4should continue being like 3. Add some mutliplayer too
Vicky Keeler

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:06 pm

There are two types of people; those who live with their brains, and those who live with their eyes. First ones prefer originals, the latters rather stay with 3.
Joie Perez

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:00 pm

I would hope that Fallout 4, would go back to its roots, and resemble Fallout's 1 and 2. The whole 3D, shooter thing...it just doesn't do justice to Fallout!
Robyn Lena

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:17 pm

I hate that 2.5D isometric thing. It's so old and bland. I'm glad they switched to 3D. 4should continue being like 3. Add some mutliplayer too

The viewpoint has nothing to do with it being 2D or 3D. Van Buren was fully 3D and had the same pseudo-isometric viewpoint as FO1 and 2.
Louise

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 pm

I really don't understand the obsession with...."Oh the ORIGINAL FALLOUT'S are old...and therefore aren't as great". I mean how does something that lacks in a lot of substance, distorts many parts of the Fallout Lore, and generally was a fairly large letdown for Fallout fans make it a better product? If anything, outside of having true 3D, Fallout 3 was lacking on a lot of fronts. Now I know immediately I'll get the response of: "Be glad they made it"....which I find to be equally absurd. After all, why should I be glad, with a product that doesn't meet the standards of a lot of the true fans. I mean after all, how many people can truly say they loved the "Godfather Part III"....NO ONE....its because they lost touch with their roots, and that is how a good franchise, and a good story, becomes a cheap marketing gimmick!!
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:00 pm

I really don't understand the obsession with...."Oh the ORIGINAL FALLOUT'S are old...and therefore aren't as great".

I'm used to hearing the opposite all over the place, in regards to anything... "Everything was better in the old days, the music, the games, etc." (Which generally isn't true, it's just that all the crap has been forgotten). I agree in regards to the Fallout series though, but I think that all the PC Fallout games are great (never tried the console game though).

In regards to the standard, I don't think you should be happy or whatever. Form your own opinion, but when a sequel is made a decade after the first one, by an entirely different company, that makes entirely different games it bound to be very different.
We would probably get something similar if Toho suddenly decided to make a direct sequel to The Wolf Man.
Avril Churchill

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:51 am

I THINK CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT IN JUST A COUPLE OF HUNDRED YEARS GIANT ANTS, SCORPIANS, MUTANTS AND OTHER NEW SPECIES EVOLVED, THAT HUMAN RACE RESTORES ITS POPULATION IS BELIEVABLE.

PEOPLE KEEP JUDGING FALLOUT 3 WITH EXACT SCIENCE. ITS SCIENCE FICTION!
John N

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 pm

California in FO1 and especially 2 was much more populated than DC in FO3.
lucile

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 pm

Funny how most people think combat equals gameplay.
Amy Smith

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:16 pm

I would like to see a Pseudo-Iso game with 3D graphics and turn-based combat akin to Jagged Alliance 2. Think Van Buren on Buffout. I doubt its going to happen, but even a good spin-off like that would make me happy.

Also, I think Fallout 4 should abandon the premise with only one enemy and a linear quest. I would like to see a non-linear mainquest with no central villain group, but instead a group of factions scheming and fighting for something, with YOU in the middle. Instead of simply fighting one villain, there are multiple factions and factions turn into enemies or friends depending on your choices. Helped the Eastern Brotherhood but totally pissed off the Outcasts? It's too late now, they hate you and want to muderise you and to see your head on a pike. Helped a group of criminals but hindered another? Better find a helmet, because someone is going to try and put a bullet into your head.

And please, Bethesda, abandon Gamebryo. That engine svcks and everyone knows it. Get a real engine that can handle battles with more than twelve people at the same time. I don't like to see "Epic Battles" between two "armies" of six people each.
Ilona Neumann

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:07 pm

I THINK CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT IN JUST A COUPLE OF HUNDRED YEARS GIANT ANTS, SCORPIANS, MUTANTS AND OTHER NEW SPECIES EVOLVED, THAT HUMAN RACE RESTORES ITS POPULATION IS BELIEVABLE.

PEOPLE KEEP JUDGING FALLOUT 3 WITH EXACT SCIENCE. ITS SCIENCE FICTION!

Using CAPSLOCK will not make your posts any more visible than they are when written correctly..
And calm down.

California in FO1 and especially 2 was much more populated than DC in FO3.

Yes, but I was thinking about the Multiplayer thing. Such famous game as Fallout would have hundreds of thousands active users, and if there was around 20,000 people at time, not even splitting to hundreds of servers would stop the cities from being stuffed with slavers, ghouls and vault dwellers who talk and run around.
Jonathan Montero

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion