Far Harbor level requeriment.

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:55 pm

I think enemies should be level 50+, with no requirement to get to far harbor, meaning that if you go there at a low level the game will make you wish you hadn't.

Nuno Castro

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:31 pm

As a level 71 character I died about a dozen or more times throughout all the new quests.

Brooks Hardison

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:51 pm

Well, imo there should be no level restriction.

Im level 121 and Automatron quests were a pain in some parts XD
neil slattery

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:20 am

I'm running a 80+ character and a few battles were a little bit challenging in Automatron inasmuch I had to pop a stimpak. I suspect , however , I would have found it more challenging ( and somewhat annoying) if I didn't have the jetpak. I don't particularly love the BOS but I do love that ol' jetpak. As for FH , I think it should kick the ass of anyone below 40. Gotta have something to work towards....

Reven Lord

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:18 pm

There's enough vanilla content to take you to level 50 no problem (maybe in the case of 1 INT it's not the same, haven't done the math).

My preferred option would be some sort of scaling to enemy levels in this biome e.g. x-1:x+5 where x is the player level and the result is the enemy levels. This would mean they're a challenge no matter what level you're going into this DLC.

And if we're really going into dreams then a category definition of each enemy tier would be great too. By this I mean, if I went on level 20 I would expect to see a regular deathclaw, but, if I went at level 80 it would be great to see chameleon deathclaws take their place.

Alexis Estrada

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:01 am

I voted level 30 because it seems that would give a bit of a challenge for higher level characters and a pretty good challenge for those that are lower level, especially for people playing on higher difficulties (or survival).

Angela

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:10 am

This, I hope that the 'feral' enemies actually have new combat behaviors and attacks instead of just being meatier reskins you know? I'd like to see more variety

in combat through more choices like maybe giving certain enemies an power attack that will instantly grab you and cripple one of your limbs if you aren't wearing

power armor? Like honestly how are you going to get mauled by a gigantic irradiated rabid beast and walk away right? The kill finishers for rad stags yao guais

and death claws are all [censored] awesome, but half the time they manage to actually close the gap to me they just stand there slapping me, which is great for

a default attack but I'd like to see some reasons for us to be VERY scared of these new feral enemies, If these enemies really are 'feral' I'd expect to see

extremely violent and aggressive behavior, which means more vicious attacks, give bears a special attack that lets them charge us like the deathclaw head butt

animation but if we get charged and hit it'll play an animation where it grabs our character in it's jaws shakes them violently and then tosses them down. THAT is

how I expect a feral creature to fight. Also I really think the game would benefit from a sort of spawn listen that changes based on the weather and time of day?

Maybe for example Chameleon Deathclaws will spawn and roam areas during the night, or maybe during night time theres a chance for a horde of roaming

ghouls to spawn that will attack your settlement? It would make certain enemies more useful, I.E chameleon death claws would be even HARDER to see and fight

during night time vs the day, and maybe have special events trigger based on the weather? For example in a radiation storm there might be a chance a horde of

ghouls spawns and starts traveling around, OR maybe during rad storms theirs a chance for a legendary glowing glowing enemies to spawn? It makes sense for

glowing enemies to show up during rad storms, at the moment some of the prefixes don't really have a specific purpose other than just having more health

(except the Chameleon effect) It would be much more of a intense experience then fighting certain enemies in specific weathers, giving a almost a horror

survival feel, I think traveling the commonwealth at NIGHT should be a little different and more challenging than traveling at day when it's safer and have better

visiibility, I think this could make the gameplay and combat much more immersive and would also make the game more fun and challenging ECSPECIALLY in

survival mode, I mean do you really want to fight a horde of ghouls or a Glowing death claw in the middle of a Rad storm on SURVIVAL difficulty? Hell no.

These situations would ideally turn out as following.

You're at your settlement and you sleep until night time it's 11PM and pitch dark you're running down the road and then you hear a deathclaw roar you look around and smash your vats key but you can't pick up any targets. Meanwhile you can hear it rushing in closer to you.

You're out scavenging for materials for your base and you get caught out in the middle of a rad storm, you lose your visibillity and can't hear anything but the wind, you run down the street turn the corner and you see pack of glowing ghouls is coming towards, the storm masking their otherwise obvious and loud movements.

It's the middle of a heavy rainstorm you're running along and suddenly get ambushed by a mirelurk king and and two mirelurk hunters that jump out of the water while your running along the canols.

Basically have weather set up special combat situations that would allow us to play differently based on our characters. I.E if I'm in the rad storm and a pack of glowing ghouls shows up I can stealth away before they see me because they're glowing as opposed to just being forced to fight them because they're there and they see me. If it's pitch black and the Deathclaw is invisible I'm probably more inclined to avoid thinking I Deathclaws are all easy kills because I can see them from a mile away in VATS like the rest of the Deathclaws. Small things that make a big impact on gameplay.

JUDY FIGHTS

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:29 am

Uh, what are we talking about here?

The poll is worded rather clearly, but after reading this thread it seems like people are talking about two different things:

1. A hard level requirement to travel to Far Harbor/start the DLC?

2. A recommended level based on the minimum level/difficulty of the creatures and NPCs in Far Harbor?

I don't think there should be a hard level requirement simply because it negatively affects your freedom of choice. In a game that is all about leaving it up to the player in what order he/she wants to do things, that would be a step in the wrong direction.

I can't see a single positive aspect of having a hard level requirement. Thankfully the one for Automatron was pretty low.

However I do think there should be a minimum level to creatures in the DLC. In Far Harbor's case, that minimum level could be fairly high (30 at least) because from what we know so far it plays in an extremely inhospitable and hostile place.

So if you want to go there at level 5 and have a good time :vaultboy: - that choice should be up to you.

I'd prefer a combination of minimum level and flexible level for this DLC: The creature/NPC level is always ~10/15 levels higher than you but it doesn't drop below level 30. That way it might preserve the challenge for higher level characters and also offer a brutal experience for those who want to head there right after getting out of Vault 111. I know I would do that. :vaultboy: (However for story reasons this DLC could be tied to having completed certain steps in the MQ story line, so heading there very early may not even be possible.)

Darlene DIllow

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:28 pm

it should require lvl 200

kelly thomson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Nah, make it 500
Charlotte Buckley

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:05 am

I've been thinking about this a bit more, and the more I think about it the more I agree that this should be more of an end game DLC. Not necessarily an extension of the main quest line, but something that comes after. It involves a secret synth colony, and obviously we don't know all the details, but it makes sense that the actions taken there would follow the choices made in the main quest. This synth colony could be a group of escaped synths, or it could be some kind of Institute outpost that we've never heard about. If we sided with the Institute in the main quest, our choices are likely to vary from a pro-BOS character, so there's a lot of room for different possibilities in it.

Emma Louise Adams

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:14 am

I voted No level req

People should have freedom to try it and just move on to next thing if they cannot beat it.

It`s not like the quests go anywhere in this game.. players can always come back.

I believe previous FO DLCs had level recommendation but not restriction.

Automatron level restriction is probably due to the fact Ada becomes companion instantly.

She can makes the game too easy if you rush to her and pick her up as companion.

**Just to add, Automatron DLC was not for low level players.

If you use hack, power armor, fatman, pulse granades and such... yeah Automatron can be really easy,

but combat ability of Mechanist`s bots and their sheer fire power was beyond anything introduced in vanilla FO4.

Rebekah Rebekah Nicole

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:06 pm

I'll probably be happy if it doesn't have the ridiculous system of Point Lookout i.e. inbred Hillbillies wearing overalls being 10x tougher than Enclave soldiers in Power Armor. Unless those were Adamantium overalls( in which case I stand corrected ).

Lance Vannortwick

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:10 pm

You're going to laugh but...I didn't save Nick Valentine in "Valentine's Encounter" until I was, IIRC, around level 68-74. I wanted to do everything else but the main story quest, leaving that for last (finished it finally at level 96). That's a pretty high level to reach, so Far Harbor would have to have a means of leveling enemies to match Sole Survivors who are up there in strength & skills.

Siidney

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:52 pm

^--- THIS.

Mark

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:37 am

Hah, Yes I could agree, but hear me out. Would you " buy " it if those locals were enchanced via supernatural means? Like by Ug-Qualtoth? I know people here will jump on immediately and say " Fallout is not fantasy and we dont need magic! " but there was always a bit of " supernatural " in Fallout and could be the reason why those inbreds were so strong.

I mean its the same thing to say " well those super mutants, ghouls and stuff exist because radiation and science b*ch! When we know radiation doesn't works that way. So in the end, I always tried to explain their resilience and strength due to being somehow enchanced by their faith and the brutal environment they live in.

Ashley Campos

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:40 am

Everything makes sense in FO as long as they switch the word 'magic' to the word 'radiation'.

Dawn Porter

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:59 am

It just works.

Emmie Cate

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:57 am

My only character is somewhere around level 130, I don't plan on ever starting over with a new character, so I'd just prefer all the dlc to scale to my character level.
electro_fantics

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:34 pm

I will probably raise the difficulty level from hard to very hard just for the the DLC. Or maybe even Survival.

REVLUTIN

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Level 15 or 20. My games are usually over by level 45

Robert Jr

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:50 pm

if I had started this dlc with a lowbie char I'd have to wait hours to be able to craft anything.
Wayne W

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Ill say level 40-50.

But it will most probably be 25.

Should be late game DLC though.
Myles

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:55 am

No! Level 40 !! And it better have inbred hillbillies wearing Mithril overalls or so help me God I will type another idiotic response !! Oh, and some new fruit !! :angry:

Rex Help

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:43 pm

I'm the only vote for Level 10

jessica Villacis

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4