Far Harbor level requeriment.

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:31 am

There's 1 reason why some people didn't fully enjoy Automatron.

I created a new character to play Automatron and I am having a blast, I still haven't unlocked all options. It was also a bit difficult for me, the final battle took me several tries, I died really easily with all the mobs and explosions everywhere because of my level.

However there are other people out there who tried the DLC with their endgame "main" characters, and those people didn't really encountered any challenge, and they completly depleted the enjoyment and surprises of Automatron rather quick on their first try. If you have around 300 hours with one character, I imagine you already have everything you need to craft numerous kinds of robots, and you probably finished the Automatron quest without even trying.

This leads me to a certain fear, because I liked Automatron so much that I am planning to use the same character for Far Harbor, and I am afraid I will not enjoy it much because everything will be underlevel, all enemies and bosses will be balanced for lowbies, all loot will feel useless compared to what I will have when I try it. I imagine my Robot with Mininukes and Gatlings will just let me forget there are even enemies in that new huge landmass.

What do you guys prefer?

would you rather have a DLC for endgame players who already beat the main quest and got the best weapons? (like Point Lookout)

Or you prefer to have a DLC for lowbies like Automatron?

Keeley Stevens

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:12 pm

Level 40-50 is what I want it to be.

I tried the Automatron on my second character who was around 30. Still didn't enjoy it. I will say it did offer a bit of challenge that the majority of quests in the main game lack. I would like more end game challenge. A purpose of leveling up past 30 that doesn't make the game too easy.

no_excuse

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:40 pm

Quit beating a dead horse :P

I think far harbor should be leveled, just like the main game. I mean, it's not hard to get to level 15, but why should we have to? The area should be available after saving Nick, since it includes him.
Red Bevinz

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:54 pm

I'd like a recommended level 30-50, but honestly there shouldn't be a level requirement. It's not like we'll miss much unless they make a lot of dialogue dependent on perks and SPECIAL like New Vegas DLC.

I'm also hoping for some cool energy weapons. They have their own "Fallout" design, but I'd love something sleek looking or cool like the automatic plasma rifle.

I mean the Fallout universe has P90s and G11s, so it'd be nice to see them in the newer games as well as something like an F2000, Magpul PDR or XM8 in appearance. If there was an energy weapon version of a gun like the Typhoon from Crysis then I'd lose it (in a good way).

Rude Gurl

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:49 pm

doesnt meter.

even if the level requirement is 50, u will have ppl QQ about everything to easy bc they have a over power PC level 100.

Even on Skyrim or Fallout 3 or NV when u did a DLC u out power it trow gear or weapons is hard to not out power something that is release after most ppl probabbly finish the MQ.

But like u said i play automatron wiht my cap main (level 94), it was easy rihgt but some fight still give me problems (most bc the way i play).

But next week im starting from 0 with the new Survival mode. And u are right everything will be more challenging.

Anna Beattie

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:39 am

I rather we have some end game content to look forward to. This is suppose to be the biggest DLC they've made. What else is there really to look forward to after beating the story? Unless we're getting another DLC around the same size as Far Harbor I think this is the perfect end game DLC.

End Game DLC not as in story but more to do after you beat the game.

Jeff Tingler

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:36 am

I think im abit different then what most people are upset about. Like i play the game on normal and i enjoy it. I dont have a build that i aim for, like im level 64ish now and i still dont have any points in any gun damage perks like rifleman. I just pick which perks i feel i need at that moment. I dont really play games like these for the challenge, i just play for the fun of it.
Alexander Lee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:57 pm

I don't think it matters because in Automatron my character was level 77 & the enemies leveled with me. i faced turret mark 7's so no matter the requeriments for it it most likely level with you.

Jesus Duran

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:55 pm

Should be at least a minimum of twenty. Most of the coast is higher leveled than Sanctuary Hills.

Assumptah George

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Higher levels please. The battles in Automatron were pretty easy with X-10 Mk VI, Ada as a companion with OP mods.

What I would do for lower level players is this:

Have some dungeons on the island you can do immediately after you've just arrived on the island before starting with the story. A couple starter dungeons that are challenging but doable with a low level character(like 15 minimum). These dungeons would have some non-leveled loot to give low level characters a bit of a jump-start in gear. The first one would give players either some of the new armor pieces or an outfit with some decent stats for starting out.It would be difficult but not excessively so for a Level 15.

The second one more challenging, and possibly containing a unique weapon at the end. It might be a bit frustrating for characters level 15 or below. This unique weapon would have some decent stats for starting out but wouldn't be at all OP when you obtain it(Somewhat like Deliverer). It would be gradually modded as you level the crafting perks. I'd also add an okay set of PA behind a door that can be opened with lockpicking or by hacking a terminal. Like a set of T60, or maybe upgraded T45/T51(mainly for more durability) and a stash containing 10 Fusion cores plus some Stimpaks and RadAways. The main point in making this dungeon fairly difficult is preventing a brand new character from obtaining this gear to easymode the rest of the game.

M!KkI

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:24 pm

I want Far Harbor to be a no questions asked Late game DLC, 30+ at least with new creatures that will make you eat your own insides for daring to come to the island with anything less than the best from the Commonwealth. I want more enemies like the Deathclaw that will just totally DESTROY you unless you're wearing power armor, like it's a neccesity if you don't want to get instant killed. That would without a doubt let us know these enemies aren't just reskinned meat shields, Make us fight for our lives, the one thing I don't want is to be able to just stroll through far harbor killing everything in 1-3 shots essentially making the DLC a joke. Kick our ass with Far Harbor Bethesda, seriously.

Peter P Canning

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:28 pm

30+ is late game? 40-50 is more late game DLC. 30 is about mid game.

Ludivine Poussineau

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:51 pm

I don't think there should be any level limitations on it. I'd rather see enemies that are scaled to my level. Automatron requires being at level 15. This is fairly reasonable I think, but I'd still rather see no limitations on it. In Fallout 3 it was nice to be able to start the game and go complete Operation Anchorage to get the best guns, armor, and power armor in the game all at once. Automatron is kind of similar in this regard. There seems to be a scripted suit of X-01 at the Fort Hagen Satellite Array. There are some good weapons to be picked up along the way. The Tesla power armor is awesome. The Robot Armor is pretty powerful stuff, though it's not the best in the game. And that's all aside from the robot building. That all makes Automatron a good DLC to do early in the game for some great great gear right off the bat.

I don't necessarily want all of the most powerful stuff right off the bat the first time I play a game, but in later play throughs I'm more interested in seeing the story unfold in different ways than I am in challenging myself more in combat.

Daddy Cool!

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:11 pm

I fully and CONFIDENTLY expect that Far Harbor will suffer from the same problem as all the rest of the Fallout 4 map, which is: unpredictable difficulty. One moment, I'm striding casually over the bodies of my many foes, whom I have slapped to death with nothing more deadly than a balloon animal (OK, so, slight exaggeration, but not far off); then, mere seconds later and a few yards away, a new enemy is cleaning my clock, taking me to school, and dining on my still-warm spleen. WHAT THE HELL, game designers?

I guess my desire is for an experience where I can tell what to expect, by what has gone shortly before. If the area is going to be deadly, then fine, it's deadly. I'll be cautious and sneaky and bring my A-game. But I don't like long swathes of territory where the enemies are underwhelming, followed by incredibly tough opponents popping out of nowhere. It irritates me for some reason which I can't pin down.

Pixie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 pm

This can be a bit frustrating, but I actually like it. There are several places where I've totally had my ass handed to me at lower levels multiple times. I quickly figured out that places like Saugus Ironworks and the Revere Satellite Array were best left alone until a higher level. I like having places like this that offer way more of a challenge. I don't like when places that are essential parts of quest lines are like this though. I'd love to see some new enemy camps in Far Harbor that are way high level, but I wouldn't necessarily want them to be the places that the actual quest line takes us.

Realistically though, most people aren't likely to be at a point to do Far Harbor until at least level 20-30. Obviously we don't know all of the details yet, but we know that Nick Valentine is involved so we'll at least have to rescue him first, which doesn't happen right away in the game.

Scott Clemmons

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Ooo, not me. It just sends me into a rage. I become bound & determined that I am GOING TO get through that place, even if I have to hit Quicksave 50 times to do it and become addicted to Jet and Psycho. :gun:

That's how it went when I first came across the Water Treatment Plant when I was about level 10 or 12. I just would not back off, I ended up using every single weapon I owned and then some, tossed mines in the water for the Mutants to run into, did tactical retreats and flank moves, sniped, threw grenades until I ran out, picked up their guns when they dropped them, hit save after every kill... it took me over 90 minutes to kill those mutants (and their little dogs, too!!!).

But it was SO worth it to stand in their tower and drink a victory beer after they were dead.

Oceavision

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:15 pm

I think there should be a suggested level to wait before going, but we should be allowed to go when we want and low level characters should get their butts handed to them for going. After all when the DLC was announced I remember reading Far Harbor being described as 'feral' which probably means much more dangerous mutations.
Jodie Bardgett

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:54 pm

This here. ^

That's the definition of "open world", right?

Jessica White

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:01 pm

That would be a good idea to allow others to go there when they want but I do still hope that Far Harbor is more so a end game DLC that is for high levels. 40-50 preferably 50 to give you a bit more of a challenge. Because the base game kinda lacks it.

STEVI INQUE

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:06 pm

They also mentioned " become more powerful with new high level weapons and armour " that to me says our end game characters in Boston might not be that strong on Far Harbour. I do think there should be a minimum " recommended " level like 30, but the DLC should be accessible as soon as you rescue Nick.

Trevi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Should definitely be a late game DLC.

Anna Beattie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:37 pm

No level requirements.. Since it'll be a quest you get from Valentine, the only requirement needs to be that you've found valentine or found his office. Just like automatron, the enemies will be leveled to your character level so, no matter what level you go into it, It should be a challenge.

Benjamin Holz

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:25 pm

The problem being, leveled enemies for the most part are not a challenge. I can decimate multiple Super Mutant Warlords without breaking a sweat. I think there should be enemies that are generally 10-20 levels higher than the player. And no matter what level you reach, they're always bound to be 10 levels higher than you.

Ymani Hood

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:03 am

The core issue is that you can't please all of the people all of the time. Personally I would like to see them use the Skyrim system of leveled enemies in Far Harbor so that it is both accessable and challenging to players at all levels. Otherwise I think it would be unreasonable to expect it to be accessible to a level 10 newbie, because it wouldn't provide any challenge to high level characters- but at the same time if you make something brutally challenging for a level 70+ who's farmed the Commonwealth for the best equipment that just isn't going to be accessible for many people.

I understand that many people want more post-MQ content and more post-MQ challenge, but the broadness of player leveling is just so large. For example I was about level 38-40 when I finished the MQ, if i'd then moved on to play something else with the intention of returning for DLC (as many people do) I could still be around that level. In that situation I would not want a DLC that's so high-leveled I would have to grind at least another 10 levels before I could attempt it.

Bek Rideout

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:22 pm

That's the problem with character builds.. They have to make it so that any character build could feasibly get through the game. Some people build uber charcters, others don't. If you are getting through the game too easy it's kind of up to you to create the challenge yourself. Ramp up the difficulty, don't wear armor, don't use the best weapon. Automatron was a huge challenge for my character build. I built her to remain at a distance.. If things get close, she dies pretty damn easily. I died around 10 times in automatron. I even considered turning down the difficulty at one point.

Robert DeLarosa

Next

Return to Fallout 4