[WIPz] FO3 Phalanx

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:09 am

Just to make sure, your load order is roughly:

Right?. Nothing below those two?. If that doesn't work, then don't use the masterupdate over FWE-Phalanx and try again (it does not do any change incompatible with 1.5, so it's safe to leave as esp).

I tried different load-orders and checked your suggestion right now, loading all Phalanx esps last and the FWE-Phalanx as the very last one and also using the original esp and not the masterupdate-version. But still same problem.
Antony Holdsworth

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:21 pm

To be clear, both original and masterupdate versions give you the trouble, and with phalanx using the masterupdate version?.
The rebalance only changes stats of 1 weapon and the followers, so it's not really necessary. Still, it's weird that it causes that, unless the followers mystically changed baseid since i created it.
Sarah Evason

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:18 am

To be clear, both original and masterupdate versions give you the trouble, and with phalanx using the masterupdate version?.
The rebalance only changes stats of 1 weapon and the followers, so it's not really necessary. Still, it's weird that it causes that, unless the followers mystically changed baseid since i created it.

Exactly, all mods (including all Phalanx esps) are running on their masterupdate-version and I tried using the masterupdate-version of FWE-Phalanx esp as well as the original esp downloaded from FalloutNexus.
I also tried disabling all mods except FWE and Phalanx but still once I use the FWE-Phalanx-Rebalance esp the mousecursor and startmenu don't show up.
Since the Rebalance esp doesn't change that much I will play the game without it so I am not complaining ;)
+++CAZZY

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Seems that a reference changed then.

Tarrant, how much is 0.95 different (structurally) to the latest version?.
Naazhe Perezz

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Seems that a reference changed then.

Tarrant, how much is 0.95 different (structurally) to the latest version?.

I opened up your .esp for the first time in the GECK just now.

I didn't realize that the .esp was overwriting all of the follower base definitions (everything gets overwritten, not just 1 attribute).

I've added one AI package since 0.95.

It's kinda best to not overwrite the base definitions like that - - I didn't even do it in my broken steel compat .esp, and that required followers to use 2 Broken Steel specific AI packages (I used addscriptpackage).

That's probably what's freaking it out, the AI package change.

If there were some other way to do what you needed without having to overwrite the base definitions, that would be ideal.. and it has to survive Resurrect 0, whatever it is.
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:22 pm

No can do, if i want to edit the stats i need to overwrite the definition. Or overwrite the scripts, or have a quest constantly eating fps watching for base stat changes just to apply a silly change on hp. I decided to go for the first one as it's the easiest to update.

The fix is easy, just open up in fo3edit and drag & drop the new ai packages. That's it.

BTW, when checking that sort of things, it is wiser to do so in fo3edit, the changed records are obvious, and the changes color coded. + you can do the fix right then and there.
Emily Graham

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm

No can do, if i want to edit the stats i need to overwrite the definition. Or overwrite the scripts, or have a quest constantly eating fps watching for base stat changes just to apply a silly change on hp. I decided to go for the first one as it's the easiest to update.

The fix is easy, just open up in fo3edit and drag & drop the new ai packages. That's it.

BTW, when checking that sort of things, it is wiser to do so in fo3edit, the changed records are obvious, and the changes color coded. + you can do the fix right then and there.

Aite well I will try to keep that in mind.
leigh stewart

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Tarrent, do you remember a mod way back on the Bethblog that allowed Handy and Gutsy Robots to hold pistol weapons and throw grenades? That'd be sweet if you could integrate that kind of tech into RL-3.
Taylor Thompson

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Tarrent, do you remember a mod way back on the Bethblog that allowed Handy and Gutsy Robots to hold pistol weapons and throw grenades? That'd be sweet if you could integrate that kind of tech into RL-3.

It was very easy to make a sentry bot literally hold and use a mini nuke launcher. It rapid-fired the mini nukes tho!

On RL3.... well..... I was sorta building RL3 in a direction like this:

Good stuff:

No special requirements to own
No need to supply it ammo
No need to use stimpacks on it
It makes a decent trash can, gear trunk, and ash tray, rolled into one! (to quote Malcolm).

Bad stuff:

It does not do a ton of damage in a fight, and cannot be modified to do more.

HOWEVER

I am considering making it so that someone who has high science skill (seriously high) can acquire some quite nasty follower combat robots. Putting all those skill points into Science would mean that you get to have robots that are customizeable and decent - - not like RL3.
jessica robson

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:36 am

That's too bad. I kind of got a fondness for him and would like to see my experience with him in FO3 grow. Oh well.
asako

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:33 pm

A little OT, but... The mod your talking about is http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=928127 by Talkie Toaster.
He never released the version that did all that, he just released a demo video.
When FOSE v2 comes out, these features are planned in the next version of RobCo Certified.
Oyuki Manson Lavey

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:58 am

That's too bad. I kind of got a fondness for him and would like to see my experience with him in FO3 grow. Oh well.

Well, it also seems possible that if you have really high science skill (I'm talking a real investment here, like 100 skill points), RL-3 could be retrofittable with the same cool stuff as the other bots that would be available for purchase. I should have mentioned that.

The important part about RL-3 to keep balanced is that he's available to even low-level characters of any skill and karma spread, and from that time, no further investment (not even armor, ammo, stims, nothing!) is necessary to have him be what he is. Its important for characters to not get a whole lot of something for a whole lot of nothing.
Margarita Diaz

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:04 am

I see your point, and will make a note of it. Thank you.
luis ortiz

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:43 am

I've found an issue with the current release version of Broken Steel and Phalanx that people should be aware of. It seems possible that the core issue behind it might be addressed by Bethesda at some point in the future because of its impact on the vanilla game.

Dogmeat and Fawkes appear glitched in vanilla Broken Steel. Dogmeat starts out with 2500 HP and maxes out at 15,000. I believe that Fawkes is affected the same way (and remember that he's got his Damage Reduction actor effect stacked on top of it).

I used Dogmeat to test how this interacts with Phalanx, and here's what I found.

If you start a brand new game using Broken Steel, and DO NOT have Phalanx loaded, and then later you load Phalanx, the follower reset process does not fix the inflated HP issue. In my test it failed to reset Dogmeat's HP back down to sanity. I did not test Fawkes but I feel sure he's the same.

So basically, unless Bethesda patches for it later, Phalanx' cannot be made properly compatible with games that were started with Broken Steel loaded and Phalanx not.

Realize that a Behemoth has 2000 hp.

Dogmeat and Fawkes coming in at 15,000 is game breaking from Phalanx' perspective.

edit: Fawkes' damage reduction effect is 50%. This means that, if I understand what I'm seeing, Fawkes' performance will be as though he has 30,000 HP when you and him reach level 30, with this glitch active.
des lynam

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:33 am

You could include three 'dirty' records from Fallout3.ESM and subterfuge Broken Steel's changes to Fawkes, Dogmeat, and RL-3? Looks like they've set those three to "PC Level Mult" and Dogmeat's "essential" as is RL-3, which would explain their apparent indestructibility.
SEXY QUEEN

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Hmmm...I think I started with BS and Phalanx (but a couple versions back) active. How do you see the actual number of HP a follower has? Is there a console code so I can check?
hannah sillery

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:50 pm

Hmmm...I think I started with BS and Phalanx (but a couple versions back) active. How do you see the actual number of HP a follower has? Is there a console code so I can check?

enter console ( ~ key)

select dogmeat

Type:

getav health

hit enter

Broken Steel has not been out very long, Phalanx has only seen 1 version update since its release I believe.
BethanyRhain

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:27 am

You could include three 'dirty' records from Fallout3.ESM and subterfuge Broken Steel's changes to Fawkes, Dogmeat, and RL-3? Looks like they've set those three to "PC Level Mult"

Phalanx is already in a state where it is overriding those base definitions.

Unless I mixed up my load order during my test or things have changed since I last looked at how this works, it appears that Phalanx takes control of many of the follower's defined characteristics at the point that you load it, plus, drop a resurrect on them (assuming that you're loading Phalanx after Broken Steel.esm). That's what Gary's reset does, basically. When that happens, things like the follower's inventory are reset to match that which Phalanx intends. But the PC Level Mult characteristic was refusing to be changed, even after I did a disable + enable + resurrect on Dogmeat.

and Dogmeat's "essential" as is RL-3, which would explain their apparent indestructibility.

Dogmeat and RL3's essential flag gets pulled out during their hire quests, though. I believe those flags are there to prevent them from dying before you get a chance to hire them.
Astargoth Rockin' Design

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Hey, the modified Vertibird interior is glitched, I think.

When I get on, normal, but when it's time to watch the fireworks, I'm stuck walking around the interior. Disable the BS-Integration.esp, and I can do it normally.

Just wanted to let you know.
Sista Sila

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Hey, the modified Vertibird interior is glitched, I think.

When I get on, normal, but when it's time to watch the fireworks, I'm stuck walking around the interior. Disable the BS-Integration.esp, and I can do it normally.

Just wanted to let you know.

hm! what the heck. That worked like 100 times for me.

Can you try loading that .esp dead last and see if its any different?

If that doesn't work, can you re-download the .esp? I suspect file corruption. Try http://www.finhosting.fi/~fallout/downloads/Phalanx-BrokenSteel-Integration-1.0.zip
Jade

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:11 am

I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Still stuck inside.
dell

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 pm

I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Still stuck inside.

Alright. More questions....

When you get on the vertibird, does the dialogue line about fireworks get spoken?

Does the sound and things seem to act as tho the vertibird has landed?

Do the followers move out of the vertibird, leaving you behind, or are you all stuck in there? Does anyone move out? If anyone moves, who goes? Which followers are with you?

This must be a rare case of some sort - - its had 97 downloads so far and this is the first I've heard of this.
Bereket Fekadu

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Yes, dialog, sounds, etc, everything, then a loading screen, then I'm facing the wall near where I was sitting inside the vertibird.

Also, no followers.
Kahli St Dennis

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Yes, dialog, sounds, etc, everything, then a loading screen, then I'm facing the wall near where I was sitting inside the vertibird.

Also, no followers.

I'm reading this script, trying to figure out what might somehow cause this. There's some things about it that are... bleh?

The integration .esp has already succesfully referenced the Phalanx resources (I assume you have a Phalanx follower who made it with you over the Presidential Metro - that whole thing is redone by my integration module, it was sorta messed up before). Then, at the end there, after you picked your target-to-be-orbitally-splattered, when you hit that last door to the place where the vertibird lands, I actually do a MOVETO there as well, but that's handled a differently.

The moveto INTO the vertibird uses my xmarkers as destinations for the follower moves, and it's the same setup when they are moved out of it, onto the tower. All such Xmarkers are automatically persistant refs of course so there should be no esm/esp questions. I use Bethesda's Xmarkers for the player moves and my own for the follower moves.

Load order should be:

BrokenSteel.esm
MainFollowerModule
Phalanx-BrokenSteel-Integration

But in a load order snafu I would expect the presidential metro code wouldn't work right :/

and F03MasterUpdate should positively be used on the .esp files because the vertibird has a new navmesh.

All I can think is... that... if FO3MasterUpdate was not run against the files, the navmesh in the vertibird would be malfunctioning, which is maybe hosing everything.

-------------------

Assuming that you've done FO3MasterUpdate to it all, I would be interested to know if the scene proceeds normally if when you are stuck back in the vertibird, you did something like this:

(Fawkes was a follower)
player.moveto 0002d9cf

(Jericho was a follower)
player.moveto 00003B5D

(Charon was a follower)
player.moveto 0002b8e1

(Star Paladin Cross was a follower)
player.moveto 00062735
Naazhe Perezz

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:05 pm

It's probably the master update thing. Didn't think about that.
Adam

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3