Funny childhood stories

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:32 am

I remember all the memories with my grandpa. We used to stand up and dance in the back of his mule (to the beach boys' music iirc) as he drove across his fields. Would probably make people flip out if they seen that happen anymore (to be fair i think each of his five grandsons fell out of that thing without injury.)

We tried riding his placid old mule once. Couldn't get the stubborn thing to move so we stole some chewing tobacco (which it was a big fan of) and it took off running to the other side of the lot to get some. My cousin behind me flipped off and i fell off a few feet later over the side.

We used to throw the overripe tomatoes at each other at the end of the season...and then promptly have to clean the area.

I guess not really funny, but i remember having alot of fun at grandpa's farm.

guilty of doing this!

Amy Melissa

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:53 am

I have another one. Once my sister and I got into a huge knock down fist fight. It was like UFC without rules and with a fatal finish being legal lol. Our dad came over, pulled us apart, and when he began to give us the usual "you two are family why are you fighting" speech, we both looked at him like he lost his mind and said " but Dad, we always do this".

He looked at us like we grew a third eye. My sister and I laughed about that for years.
Nicola

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:43 am

Thanks. I admit that I was the "Caboose" on my kindergarten's "Shoe Tying Train", aka: last one to learn :blush:

For Christmas one year, I received from Santa Claus a bubblegum bank. It was a cheap plastic thing, but not the Mickey Mouse one. Well, my brother and I truly enjoyed that thing. When we ran out pennies for gumballs, we raided my Mother's sewing nook. Did you know the right sized buttons work just like pennies? I found that out that day. Well, when Dad found out, my brother (5 years older than I) got all the blame. hehehe

gary lee

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:38 am

Me and a group of friends also did this at school, we would work on it every recess.

The teachers were fine with it for a while, until it started to become a real hazard and they made us stop.
Lavender Brown

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:19 pm

I have to ask, exactly how deep of a hole did you and your friends manage to dig before they finally put a stop to it? 2 feet? 3? More?

Karen anwyn Green

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:12 pm

I'd say it was about 1.5 meters across and an average 7 year old could completely fit in it.
Tamara Primo

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:03 pm

Lol, sounds like they stopped you when you were starting to make good progress.
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:59 am

I know right, A few more recess breaks and we would've nearly been at China.
Rob Smith

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:06 am

I have a couple of childhood stories. One is too cute to be funny, during the second world war my mother was evacuated to Silverdale in

the English Lake district. Here she stayed with a farmer who kept horses, she always told us about the times when the ponies the farmer

kept escaped and all the children climbed on their bicycles and gave chase down the lanes and helped round the animals up. See cute.

An older friend told me this story and I have always thought it funny. He came from Somerset, and his grandfather was a farmer. He kept cattle.

The field where he kept the cattle was divided in two by a path that lead from family farm to the parish church and every Sunday the family

would make this little journey. The cattle occupied one side of the field, and on the other side of the path lay the troughs where the farmer

would put fodder for the cattle. The way the cattle were summoned to the troughs was by whistling. On hearing the whistling all the

cattle would charge down the field and across the path to the troughs.

On one nice wet Sunday, my friend and his large family all attired in their Sunday best returned home from church via the little path that went

across the middle of the field. When my friend and his family were about halfway across, he whistled..................

Stephani Silva

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:28 am

Binky, I laughed out loud when I read that. That's hilarious! :rofl:
Kelly Upshall

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:34 am

ahhh.... youth. Again, my older brother got me. I was maybe 4 or 5 (my brother being 9 or 10). Somehow, I do not recall how, he got me to eat a stinkbug! I still hate them to this day!

We had a couple of big Hackberry trees (or as my Father liked to call them, "Stink to High Heaven trees"). They seemed to attract the stinkbugs, I guess? Anyway, my brother and I see this bug on one of the trees and the next thing I recall, I am placing said bug into my own mouth. ugh! :lol:

Lizs

Previous

Return to Othor Games