[RelZ] FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition #6

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:47 am

After several reinstalls, i have finally found out what caused the crashing i mentioned earlier in the thread - my keybinds. I even went as far as to get Alternative beginnings separately to make sure it is an issue with FWE, not the area around Raven Rock or some other addon interfering. I have no idea why my fairly unusual keybinds would do so, but here they are

Forward=00C8FFFF
Back=00D0FFFF
Slide Left=00CBFFFF
Slide Right=00CDFFFF
Use=000600FF
Activate=00CFFFFF
Block=00470110
Ready Item=0053FF0C
Crouch/Sneak=009DFF08
Run=00FFFFFF
Always Run=0035FFFF
Auto Move=0045FFFF
Jump=0052FF0D
Toggle POV=0021020F
Menu Mode=000EFF0B
Rest=0014FF07
Vats=002BFF0E
Hotkey1=004FFF13
Hotkey2=0050FF14
Hotkey3=0051FF17
Hotkey4=004BFF16
Hotkey5=004CFF11
Hotkey6=004DFF0A
Hotkey7=0008FFFF
Hotkey8=0009FFFF
QuickSave=003FFFFF
QuickLoad=0043FFFF
Grab=00D3FF09

I can reset my keybinds to default, and the game no longer crashes when i get near hostile creatures. Also, it makes playing the game quite uncomfortable.
I have experienced this using FOSE 1.4/5, FWE4.0a/c, DLCs/no DLCs, The latest FO3 patch and 1.0.0.15. Using the load order i posted a page back, i also have tried running just FWE and all the non-optional modules alone and still got this issue. Also, i bind my bullet time/sprint to right shift/page down which are unused, even though the crashses happen even with them unbound.
hannah sillery

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:22 pm

After several reinstalls, i have finally found out what caused the crashing i mentioned earlier in the thread - my keybinds. I even went as far as to get Alternative beginnings separately to make sure it is an issue with FWE, not the area around Raven Rock or some other addon interfering. I have no idea why my fairly unusual keybinds would do so, but here they are

I can reset my keybinds to default, and the game no longer crashes when i get near hostile creatures. Also, it makes playing the game quite uncomfortable.
I have experienced this using FOSE 1.4/5, FWE4.0a/c, DLCs/no DLCs, The latest FO3 patch and 1.0.0.15. Using the load order i posted a page back, i also have tried running just FWE and all the non-optional modules alone and still got this issue.

Maybe you could use key rebinder software to let you use your keybinds without the game knowing it?
Channing

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:01 am

Maybe you could use key rebinder software to let you use your keybinds without the game knowing it?

While i could do that, i'd probably rather wait and see if the bug is repeatable on other systems/gets fixed and play the next release than mess around with key rebinders.
Toby Green

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:01 pm

Another question... In the readme files it says

4) Load FOMM and order all of the FWE mods in order and enable them (don't forget to enable contains respawn.esm)

I do not have any .esm labeled this?
Holli Dillon

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:15 pm

The file's uploading (45% right now) . . . but a new version is moments away! Please read through the changelog below.

This version makes some significant balance changes to the gameplay based on feedback in this thread. As usual, let me know how it plays out. Also, if you run across any errors or glitches, let me know. I rebuilt the asset directory, so its possible I may have missed something somewhere.

As for the next steps, I have a couple things I'd like to get on the radar.
1) I'm working through a rather extensive weapon rebalance that includes CFW. CFW will likely be integrated into FWE in the not too distant futue, which will be good as it will reduce the number of needed FOIP patches.
2) I'd like to grapple with phalanx compatibility.
3) My aim is that version 5.0 will be a complete rebuild of FWE. All of the modules will likely be integrated into an .esm and .esp master. Some of the optional modules will be integrated into the main package, but the controversial ones will be kept as optional modules as always.

:foodndrink:

00. Recent Changes

Version 4.1a

This is a pretty large update, so please read the changelog carefully. There are a few special installation instructions described below for upgrading to this version.

New Mods + Features

- Upgraded T3T's weapon tweaks to version 2.4. Many of the remaining unique weapons now have unique models and textures. Various minor stat changes and adjustments.
- Replaced Sydney's Ultra 10mm SMG with Lucien834's 10mm Assault rifle mod. Sweet!
- Corrected a few incompatibilities with the Unofficial Fallout 3 patch. FWE should be fully compatible with the unofficial patch.
- Upgraded and tweaked Dunderklumpen's DK_bullet time mod. You may need to rebind your bullet time activation key. AP drain increased significantly from -3/tick to -15/tick. In addition, the time slowdown has speed reduced from 25% of real-time speed to 40% of real-time speed. If you don't like the settings, you can use the configuration tool to tweak the settings to your liking.
- Upgraded Lork's Sprint Mod to Beta v.8. The new version features perks for charging and running with your gun out. Various minor tweaks and adjustments. You'll need to rebind your sprint key again.
- Upgraded Primary Needs to version "J" compliments of FritZ_FretZ. The new version features a "primary needs monitor" that displays your current hunger and thirst levels. When upgrading to this version, note that the old configuration tool has been removed. You will need to use the configuration hotkey (keypad return by default) to open the menu and activate the monitor.

Tweaks

- ******Changed the sneak perk given by book perks in the optional book perk mod. Previously, the sneak perks granted a stealth field bonus. This has been changed, and now the sneak perk provides a "reduction" in the sneak penalty resulting from armor weight, effectively allowing you to sneak in increasingly heavier armor. PRIOR to upgrading the book perk module, you will need to remove the current sneak perk, then replace the book perk module with the new version, and re-add your sneak perks. (1) Load your existing save with old book perk module, take not of the level of special ops (sneak) perk. (2) Open the console and type: "player.removeperk XX000EB0" where XX is the load order of book perk. (3) Re-save and quit the game. (4) Replace the old module with the new one, and reload your game. (5) Open the console and type "player.addperk XX000EB0" to re-add the sneak perk. Retype this add perk command as needed to add levels to your sneak perk.
- Tweaked the weights and stats of many of the Classic Fallout Weapons. In particular, the Bozar now used 7.62mm ammo. Many of the heavier weapons did not weigh much at all, this has been corrected. Adjusted ammo quantities for many of the CFW leveled lists.
- Adjusted the AP pool size. Base AP is now 20 (was 40), resulting in slightly less AP's.
- Tweaked the VATS distance multiplier to 1.75 (was 1.5, original fallout is 2.0). VATS will be less effective over longer distances.
- Adjusted accuracy settings again. Skill base is 0.9 (was 0.8), skill multiplier is now -0.009 (was -0.008), condition base is now .4 (was .3) and condition multiplier is now -0.4 (was -0.3). Essentially, you're a little less accurate across the board, both in and out of VATS.
- Increased ammo quantities at vendors. The range of ammo available is expanded upwards, so you have a chance to find good supplies of ammunition.
- Adjusted the global respawn timer down to 7.5 days (from 15).
- Tweaked explosive damage for most explosives. Area of effects reduced slightly for many explosives (still larger than vanilla) and raw damage reduced. Frag weapons have a larger radius and less damaged compared to plasma, which has a fairly small radius but higher damage. I.E., plasma requires more skill / accuracy to use effectively.
- Tweaked VATS to-hit chance for body parts on most creatures. It will now be more difficult to get headshots on most opponents.
- Altered headshot damage bonus for many monster types. Super mutants, ghouls, and some robots are less affected by headshots, i.e. super mutants take 125% headshot damage instead of 200%. Should make many baddies more difficult to take down.
- Incorporated additional XP tweaks (courtesy FritZ_FretZ). You'll find slightly less XP from hacking/picking/speech'ing/killing but more from exploration.
- Tweaked the auto-aim settings, this time using values from rlilewis' Auto Aim Fix ? Headshot Deluxe Edition mod. Couple of adjusted game settings to autoaim. It should not properly align bullets to the crosshair but appears to not auto adjust the aim to center on the actual target. Works well from my initial testing. Kudos to rlilewis for daring to be different!

Bugs / Glitches

- Rewrote the scripts for effective medicine + repair. These items will now check how many copies of an item a player has in their inventory before adding or removing the bonus. "Dropping" your last copy of an item into containers will now properly remove the bonus.
- Fixed a Primary Needs problem with the portable grill and wonder meat maker not working properly.
- Re-fixed dogmeat not being essential.
- Fixed an issue where grenades lying on the ground where not explode-able when they were supposed to be.

FOIP Patches

- Removed FWE_00_Quest dependency from the "FWE Compatibility - FOOK.esp" FOIP patch. You should be able to disable the alt starts mod if you want to run the game with the normal beginning sequence.
- Updated FOIP patches for Mart's Mutant Mod RC1
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:16 am

Question...I see you updated FOIP for the MMM package and the CFW/FOOK package, but not the WMK package. Is there no need to update that patch for FWE 4.1a or did you not get around to it yet? (It was last updated by Anistar for WMK 1.1.4 I'm sure you know).
Stacy Hope

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:56 am

Sweetness.

About Phalanx compatibility (on which there has been some major breakthroughs), Next version of phalanx should be 100% compatible with FWE & MMM as long as phalanx is loaded last (or at least it's main module), in addition, i'll probably release a re-balance patch for it to bring the stats of the companions to FWE standards once the new version is up.
JR Cash

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Thanks for the new version!
Will dl and install as soon as possible.

:foodndrink:

PS: Great idea to change the book perk for sneak. I just got the first rank of Special Ops yesterday and I didn't like the "always stealth field" when sneaking.
Tamara Primo

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:17 am

Is the Pyro Mask from this mod or FOOK? The helmet based off of the Raider Blastmaster Helmet. Mine is all bugged out and causes crashes due to a texture issue.
Laura Wilson

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Hmmm, nothing about health levels for vehicles in the update?
Maybe I'm the only who thinks they explode too easily? In that case I'll just increase their health for myself, no biggie.

I like all the updates/changes, good work :thumbsup:
Betsy Humpledink

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:05 am

Maybe I'm the only who thinks they explode too easily? In that case I'll just increase their health for myself, no biggie.

SP_destruction haves a module for that.. should be possible to isolate only that change, if that is your wish.
Dan Scott

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:57 pm

SP_destruction haves a module for that.. should be possible to isolate only that change, if that is your wish.

Thanks for the tip, I can have a look at that. Although the health of vehicles is simply a setting in the GECK, easy to change, especially since there's only a few different vehicle types. Unless that setting does something entirely different than I think :)
Isabell Hoffmann

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:11 am

Question...I see you updated FOIP for the MMM package and the CFW/FOOK package, but not the WMK package. Is there no need to update that patch for FWE 4.1a or did you not get around to it yet? (It was last updated by Anistar for WMK 1.1.4 I'm sure you know).

Yes, no need to update the WMK patch at this time.

Sweetness.

About Phalanx compatibility (on which there has been some major breakthroughs), Next version of phalanx should be 100% compatible with FWE & MMM as long as phalanx is loaded last (or at least it's main module), in addition, i'll probably release a re-balance patch for it to bring the stats of the companions to FWE standards once the new version is up.

Good to know, I'll keep my eye out for the release.

Is the Pyro Mask from this mod or FOOK? The helmet based off of the Raider Blastmaster Helmet. Mine is all bugged out and causes crashes due to a texture issue.

If it's a new armor, it should be FOOK. I have no recoloction of a pyro mask.

Opps, I had meant to change that. If you let me know what the GECK settings are, that would be helpful and I'll work it into the next release.

Thanks,
Maddy Paul

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:04 pm

Are you planning on getting broken steel and creating a module that changes the dlc to fit in with the rest of your mod? I ask because there'll be new enemies, weapons and armour that may not fit in with FWE.
Stephani Silva

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:06 pm

The jury is still out on the DLC. I haven't picked any of it up yet primarily because I REALLY do not want to deal with or support GFWL in any fashion. We'll see what happens down the road, but if there is a real definite need, I can look into it. Alternatively, if someone wanted to be the liason b/w FWE and any of the DLC, I'd be happy to help people develop optional modules that support the DLC.

Cheers,
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:54 pm

The jury is still out on the DLC. I haven't picked any of it up yet primarily because I REALLY do not want to deal with or support GFWL in any fashion. We'll see what happens down the road, but if there is a real definite need, I can look into it. Alternatively, if someone wanted to be the liason b/w FWE and any of the DLC, I'd be happy to help people develop optional modules that support the DLC.

Cheers,

It'd be rather nice. Anchorage feels wrong without the damage fixes, so does the pitt. And with broken steel and new leveled lists to cover the 20s range...
Queen of Spades

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:00 pm

Opps, I had meant to change that. If you let me know what the GECK settings are, that would be helpful and I'll work it into the next release.

Thanks,

Yay :)

Well I'm not 110% sure that it will work, but all vehicle wrecks have destruction data, complete with health and some settings regarding explosives. I haven't tested exactly what these settings does, I've just assumed that "health" equals "how much damage before I explode" :)

I'll do some quick tests to verify if it does what I think.

Edit: A quick peek at the GECK wiki seems to confirm my thinking: http://geck.gamesas.com/index.php/Category:WorldObjects
rolanda h

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:38 pm

- Upgraded and tweaked Dunderklumpen's DK_bullet time mod. You may need to rebind your bullet time activation key. AP drain increased significantly from -3/tick to -15/tick. In addition, the time slowdown has speed reduced from 25% of real-time speed to 40% of real-time speed. If you don't like the settings, you can use the configuration tool to tweak the settings to your liking.

No big deal since as you say this is configurable in-game, but I find Bullet Time to be useless at its default now. The benefit is noticeable, but fairly slight, and now only lasts a few seconds before returning. I'm toggling it off and on so much, and the difference is so slight, that I can barely tell when I'm in and out of it.

Fantastic update otherwise, though!
Sarah Unwin

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:22 pm

I've now played two days with the new version of FWE and I have to say I love the changes you made, Mez! The first evening I got my ass handed to me by a bunch of Raiders in a night time fight (quite funny with the Night Vision Goggles by Antistar). That never happened before. Especially the lowered headshot chance and VATS distance make it much more challenging.

Finally it made sense to take the Sniper Perk at level 12 (lucky me was level 11 right before the update). There are also other perks which gain weight after the changes. And that's good. I also love the new running perks from the Sprint add-on. My next char will definitely be a melee fighter and can make good use of those.

Is the weapon rebalance already implemented for all weapons or did you just tweak some of them? What I recognized is the lower damage of the mines and grenades. I really welcome that, though imo the difference between Frag Grenades and Plasma Grenades is almost insignificant. I'd like to see Plasma more deadlier in comparison to Frag. Maybe just make the Frag a bit weaker and the Plasma a bit stronger.

I really enjoy my game very much now. With this and MMM RC1 and the next FOOK on its way with tons of goodies I'm the happiest do-no-good in the entire wasteland!
Thanks very much! :foodndrink:
Tamara Dost

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:26 am

Thanks for the feedback all. Good to know it more or less headed in the right direction.

No big deal since as you say this is configurable in-game, but I find Bullet Time to be useless at its default now.

It would be relatively easy to implement a perk line (maybe 3 levels) to improve the duration and slow down of bullet time. In general though, how do people feel about taking perks that provide special benefits (like this) versus many of the original perks that just increase skill points. I guess it's always a decision, but it would be good to know if people were okay with adding these.

I've now played two days with the new version of FWE and I have to say I love the changes you made, Mez! The first evening I got my ass handed to me by a bunch of Raiders in a night time fight (quite funny with the Night Vision Goggles by Antistar). That never happened before. Especially the lowered headshot chance and VATS distance make it much more challenging.
Is the weapon rebalance already implemented for all weapons or did you just tweak some of them? What I recognized is the lower damage of the mines and grenades. I really welcome that, though imo the difference between Frag Grenades and Plasma Grenades is almost insignificant. I'd like to see Plasma more deadlier in comparison to Frag. Maybe just make the Frag a bit weaker and the Plasma a bit stronger.

Glad to hear you're having fun! Explosives were rebalanced somewhat, the other weapons were not touched. Good point about frags and plasma . . . I can play up the differences more.

Thanks!
Crystal Birch

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:02 pm

It would be relatively easy to implement a perk line (maybe 3 levels) to improve the duration and slow down of bullet time. In general though, how do people feel about taking perks that provide special benefits (like this) versus many of the original perks that just increase skill points. I guess it's always a decision, but it would be good to know if people were okay with adding these.

I for one greatly appreciates perks that actually do something, as opposed to just being a boring skill boost.
A Dardzz

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:47 am

Can someone help me find damage statistics for pistols in this latest version of FWE?

I have looked in the FWE_01_Combat.esp through the fomm plugin editor and to my noobish eyes it looks like the damages have been edited en masse rather than by individual weapon. Does that mean I cannot find the information I'm looking for in those plugins?

Here is what I want to do:

I use an old Vash Deagle plugin (I don't want a newer version). It took me a while but I finally edited the damage to fit in with my game environment. I have reinstalled and am now using a new mod set up (FEW + MMM, etc. etc).

I want to give the Deagle a proper damage value compared to the other pistols in the game.

So how can I find individual pistol values in FWE?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Emma

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:51 am

I for one greatly appreciates perks that actually do something, as opposed to just being a boring skill boost.

Good to know :) That's pretty much how I feel about it too.

I have looked in the FWE_01_Combat.esp through the fomm plugin editor and to my noobish eyes it looks like the damages have been edited en masse rather than by individual weapon. Does that mean I cannot find the information I'm looking for in those plugins?

FWE edits the global damage formula's in the "FWE_01_Combat.esp" module, applying a general increase in damage.

It also uses T3T weapon tweaks to adjust damages on an individual weapon basis. These changes are in the "FWE_05_ItemLoot_III.esp" module if you want to look at weapon damages for reference. Incidentially, if you want to play around with things and/or have a better viewing expeirence, try FO3Edit . . . it is a lot more descriptive than the FOMM plugin editor.

Cherio!
Ellie English

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:31 am

Good to know :) That's pretty much how I feel about it too.

FWE edits the global damage formula's in the "FWE_01_Combat.esp" module, applying a general increase in damage.

It also uses T3T weapon tweaks to adjust damages on an individual weapon basis. These changes are in the "FWE_05_ItemLoot_III.esp" module if you want to look at weapon damages for reference. Incidentially, if you want to play around with things and/or have a better viewing expeirence, try FO3Edit . . . it is a lot more descriptive than the FOMM plugin editor.

Cherio!

Perfect. Thank you!
Emma-Jane Merrin

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:18 am

Me, too! I love perks!
More perks means more choice means more customization.
Marta Wolko

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3