[RelZ] FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition #6

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:09 pm

I have a complain about the inclusion of Auto Aim Fix – Headshot Deluxe Edition. The mod breaks any mod that depends on calling getcombattarget on the player. This can result in very frustrating problems that are also very hard to track. The aimbot, while being a pita, is too integrated into fallout to be removed without problems. I recommend using a mix of no autoaim (don't remember if it was finally renamed to less autoaim) and Sniper Aim Corrected.

EDIT: The grenades-exploding-early problem isn't from either fook or FWE, it's from FWE Compatibility - FOOK.esp. Looking at it in Fo3edit, The GrenadeFragProjectile, The Explosion - Alt. Trigger - Timer is set to 1.1. Even tho it's set to vanilla default 2.5 on both fook and fwe. Is this a remnant of an older compatibility change with an older fook?.
Tha King o Geekz

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:15 pm

I have a complain about the inclusion of Auto Aim Fix ? Headshot Deluxe Edition. The mod breaks any mod that depends on calling getcombattarget on the player. This can result in very frustrating problems that are also very hard to track. The aimbot, while being a pita, is too integrated into fallout to be removed without problems. I recommend using a mix of no autoaim (don't remember if it was finally renamed to less autoaim) and Sniper Aim Corrected.

EDIT: The grenades-exploding-early problem isn't from either fook or FWE, it's from FWE Compatibility - FOOK.esp. Looking at it in Fo3edit, The GrenadeFragProjectile, The Explosion - Alt. Trigger - Timer is set to 1.1. Even tho it's set to vanilla default 2.5 on both fook and fwe. Is this a remnant of an older compatibility change with an older fook?.

Thanks for the tips on this.

Out of curiousity, what mods/things use the getcombatarget command? Are you certain this is linked to the autoaim functionality?
Lucie H

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 am

Thanks for the tips on this.

Out of curiousity, what mods/things use the getcombatarget command? Are you certain this is linked to the autoaim functionality?

There are 2 reliable ways to know if the player is "aiming" towards a target. One is extending the pickup reach and using getcrosshairref, the other is with getcombattarget.
Getcombattarget is normally the preferred method for weapon effects trying to discern if the shooter is the player. I believe there was a flamer effect changer that used this to know when to apply an extended flamer effect (when the player had pyromaniac perk and was the attacker). I also entertained the idea of using getcombattarget for a good while for a mod of mine, but took getcrosshairref instead.
And yes, it is tied to the aimbot. The same creator of the sniper aim somethin somethin longname of doom proved this: he first created a mod that used getcombattarget to tell the distance to the target, and informed in the comments of one of the two mods that rendered his own mod useless.
While i dont believe there are many mods that use it, you can understand the royal pita it would become to track such bug, specially if it's documented in only 1 comment of a mod. Minimally, a warning line should be added somewhere on the documentation.
El Khatiri

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:29 pm

My grenades on the ground do not explode when I shoot them? I have the most recent version but this option does not work for me.
Tyler F

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi Mez--

I haven't seen anyone else report it yet, but I thought I'd post anyway. I just discovered your mod and am having another go at FO3 with it. I started a character and was playing along with your v4.0a, combined with CFW, WMK and MMM. Last night I saw 4.1a for FWE, downloaded it, installed it with all the FOIP updates for the other mods etc, and was getting a crash as soon as the game launched. So I removed all my mod files completely, installed just FWE 4.1a alone, even removed the official DLCs, and still got the crash. I reverted back to 4.0a and put all my other mods back in, and it's working fine again, so it was something in the new release that was causing it but I have no idea what.

Love what I've seen so far, keep up the great work! :)
Lil Miss

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:51 am

Do you mean literally when the game exe launches, or when a game is loaded? The first is likely caused by a bad load order, or missing master files. The second can be caused by the player having perks that have since been removed.

I'm sure there are other explanations, but those two are probably most likely.

Mez: It should be possible to add an option to choose the player's starting level, right? You get awarded XP before leaving the shed, so I assume it's just a matter of adjusting the amount. Those, like me, who like to start new characters every once in a while never get to try out high-level perks etc. :sadvaultboy:
Just a suggestion. :)
i grind hard

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:22 pm

Do you mean literally when the game exe launches, or when a game is loaded? The first is likely caused by a bad load order, or missing master files. The second can be caused by the player having perks that have since been removed.

That's the thing, I had the same load order I used with 4.0a, and couldn't get it to work. I carefully followed all the instructions on the FOIP page and re-checked it a half dozen times. It also crashed with nothing except FWE installed after loading a clean backup data folder. The crash occured as soon as the game launched, before the menu screen appeared. As soon as I removed FWE 4.1a, everything worked fine. 4.0a is still working great too.
Averielle Garcia

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 am

I'd still bet on a flawed load order, or missing mods, but there could be other reasons. :(

It would be relatively easy to implement a perk line (maybe 3 levels) to improve the duration and slow down of bullet time.

You could call it "Adrenaline Rush", from Fo2. The function doesn't quite fit the original ("Gain +1 Strength when you drop below 50% of your max HP."), but the name still fits the new function. Or you could just call it "Bullet Time" I guess. ;)
Most of the alternative starts should get Rank 1, but some of them, (Politician, Mechanic) could make up for it in other ways.

Another more radical option would be to use "Fast Shot" from the older fallouts: "You don't have time to aim for a targeted attack, because you attack faster than normal people". It would replace VATS with Bullet Time. Perhaps it's too extreme for most people?.. :)

Edit: By the way, does BT count as VATS for the purposes of damage taken (generally reduced in VATS) perks like "Grim Reaper's Sprint" (restores AP on a kill during VATS) etc? I'm guessing on No, but it would be interesting to know. Could be interesting to know for custom perks as well.
Kirsty Collins

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:14 pm

I havent stopped in for a while, can some one answer my questions please?

1) Has the Balance with FWE/F.O.O.K been chnaged? some ammo was like it was use-less.

2) the 10MM guns are way under powered, has this been changed yet?

3) did the Xp it takes to level get reduced?

4)I really like F.O.O.K but is it wrht the extra items for the hassle?
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:21 pm

I havent stopped in for a while, can some one answer my questions please?

1) Has the Balance with FWE/F.O.O.K been chnaged? some ammo was like it was use-less.

There were several changes to AP, VATS, Mines/Grenades. Check the readme. A wider weapon rebalance will be done in one of the next versions. There are some weapons from FOOK that use ammo outside of CALIBR (I found two ammo types so far), so they won't have weight. Other than that everything works. I found a few weapons that use the 8mm DU ammo for instance. Works fine.

2) the 10MM guns are way under powered, has this been changed yet?

See #1

3) did the Xp it takes to level get reduced?

From the readme: Incorporated additional XP tweaks (courtesy FritZ_FretZ). You’ll find slightly less XP from hacking/picking/speech’ing/killing but more from exploration.

4)I really like F.O.O.K but is it wrht the extra items for the hassle?

What hassle? You just need two extra FOIP patches and that's it. There is some wonderful stuff in FOOK.
Ruben Bernal

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 pm

Suggestion for new alternative start: Hitman. Starts with a pre-war suit, silenced 10mm pistol, one frag mine, poison/chem syringes, and the "Contract Killer" perk. One possible drawback could be a reduced Barter skill, since the Hitman isn't generally concerned with the buying and selling of mundane items, only lives...

I'm obviously basing this on agent 47, but hitmen are fairly common in popular culture. Jean Reno's character L?on is another good example.
Maddy Paul

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:09 pm

Well some times F.O.O.K would cause the game to forget textures for me on ammo, some times in V.A.T.S it was fine, next shot it lost the texture.

Other than that, I found ammo that didn't seems like it fit.

I have played with MMM, F.W.E/F.O.O.K/W.M.K and some others before, and most things worked right, may have been a mistake on install on my part, still doesnt explain it forgeting textures from one shot to the next.

But if my PC is finished today, I am going to D/L every thing again and see how it goes.l
marina

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:37 pm

You could call it "Adrenaline Rush", from Fo2. The function doesn't quite fit the original ("Gain +1 Strength when you drop below 50% of your max HP."), but the name still fits the new function. Or you could just call it "Bullet Time" I guess. ;)
Most of the alternative starts should get Rank 1, but some of them, (Politician, Mechanic) could make up for it in other ways.

First I'll reiterate what I said in an earlier post; I'd realy like to see a perk line dedicated to BT improvements. I definitely think this would help with the concept of creating a more defined character type (as opposed to vanilla's maxed out everything approach).

Another more radical option would be to use "Fast Shot" from the older fallouts: "You don't have time to aim for a targeted attack, because you attack faster than normal people". It would replace VATS with Bullet Time. Perhaps it's too extreme for most people?.. :)

Edit: By the way, does BT count as VATS for the purposes of damage taken (generally reduced in VATS) perks like "Grim Reaper's Sprint" (restores AP on a kill during VATS) etc? I'm guessing on No, but it would be interesting to know. Could be interesting to know for custom perks as well.

Tubal, I think you've really hit on something here. Since the majority of VATS perks are broken via Beth's patches, and the fact that after giving BT an earnest try with my last character I never used VATS at all (literally never), I think this is a splendid idea; Although it's probably not for everyone. Perhaps this could be made into an optional esp that could be used in place of the current VATS options? I'd be thrilled to use it and the VATS perks applied to BT would further enhance the character definition. Great idea :)

FritZ
Quick Draw III

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:05 pm

@titan357
Aint this... you know, FWE thread and not FOOK?.
And yeah, probably issues on your end.
Austin England

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:29 pm

My grenades on the ground do not explode when I shoot them? I have the most recent version but this option does not work for me.

Any suggestions as to why my grenades/mines etc. do not explode when shot?
Setal Vara

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:40 pm

I would like to lower weapon damage universally. In which plugin can I find that value?
Danny Warner

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Any suggestions as to why my grenades/mines etc. do not explode when shot?

Same problem here. Manually adding the Explosive Explosives esp fixes it, so there must be something wrong with its integration into FWE.
Bloomer

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 am

Same problem here. Manually adding the Explosive Explosives esp fixes it, so there must be something wrong with its integration into FWE.

OK I will try that thank you.
Richard Thompson

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:42 am

Hate to act like a complete idiot.. but can someone help me understand how to actually trigger the start of the game after choosing my alternate start? I go through every menu in the computer in the shack (Name, Race, Disposition, Special, Proficiencies and History), choosing settings for each one of them. Then I exit. Nothing happens. I restart and try it again... nothing happens. Try resting, nothing happens. Under what conditions should the alternate start normally trigger?

I'm actually a bit worried that this may have to do with my preferring the Russian version of FO3 (my native language) as it has caused problems with FOSE... but I believe this should work without FOSE... if not I'll have to go down to the store and buy an english version of the game so I can run the mods I want. But please do confirm the steps I need to take to get the alternate start to trigger, so I can verify that something is wrong here...
Minako

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:25 pm

Talk to the pc, set up everything, head to the bed. Sleep.
phil walsh

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:24 am

Awesome, thank you. It's relieving to know I'm just being an idiot. ;)
Rob Davidson

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:55 am

Awesome, thank you. It's relieving to know I'm just being an idiot. ;)

You are not the only one...
This thing got me thinking for some time, too, before I tried sleeping.
Let's start a club! :biglaugh:
djimi

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:10 pm

During my last play-sessions I came across three refrigerators wich all contained exactly 28 Nuka Cola Quantums. I suspect this is caused by FWE since updating it to the latest version. Aside from some building mods nothing else has changed in my set-up.

I know some of you wouldn't call this a problem (I know about the quest) but to me it feels cheaty.

Could this be caused by FWE? Thanks in advance!

My load order:

[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] CRAFT.esm
[X] CALIBR.esm
[X] FOOK.esm
[X] FWE_FO3_Wanderers_Edition.esm
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp
[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp
[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] AccuracyPerks.esp
[X] CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp
[X] Lord of the Flies.esp
[X] Magic Fingers Perk.esp
[X] Perk_chakrapointsENGfix.esp
[X] Perk_martialart_ENGfix.esp
[X] RobCo Certified.esp
[X] UPP - Pack 1.esp
[X] UPP - Pack 2.esp
[X] UPP - Beverage Perks.esp
[X] UPP - Quest Perks.esp
[X] UPP - Experience Perks.esp
[X] VDSP-01.esp
[X] Wasteland Whisperer.esp
[X] GreenWorld.esp
[X] weather_1.esp
[X] Fellout-Full.esp
[X] FWO-DLC-Anchorage.esp
[X] FelloutWithLightingOverhual-1.0.esp
[X] Level 1 Smallest More Color.esp
[X] AbandonedShack.esp
[X] AmmoSorter - Start.esp
[X] ammo_shack_fixed.esp
[X] AMPUTATE!.esp
[X] Arefu_Expanded.esp
[X] A-Vault2.esp
[X] Basemantshelter.esp
[X] Bed N Breakfast.esp
[X] BeefedUpCitadel.esp
[X] Big Town Bed Roll.esp
[X] BigTownRobotFix.esp
[X] Boat House.esp
[X] BoS outpost.esp
[X] BS_1.3EN.esp
[X] BunkMod - Megaton House - v0.01.001.esp
[X] BunkMod - Tempenny Suite - v0.01.001.esp
[X] bus.esp
[X] BusworldV1.03.esp
[X] Camper_House.esp
[X] Caravan Tracking.esp
[X] CivilDefenseBroadcastSystem.esp
[X] Cliff's_Sellable_Body_Parts.esp
[X] D.C. Confidential with Glow.esp
[X] DCInteriors_Georgtown.esp
[X] FolloweresEnterNewCell.esp
[X] Death Canyon v3.esp
[X] Directional PipLight HDR.esp
[X] DupontStoreHome-v1.esp
[X] Echo_UseBothGloves.esp
[X] Encampment.esp
[X] Existence2.0.esp
[X] FIN-NWSeneca.esp
[X] firelance-quest.esp
[X] FortFreeway.esp
[X] GNRExtended.esp
[X] Helmets with Accessories.esp
[X] House.esp
[X] KBATRadio.esp
[X] KTs_Centercamera.esp
[X] LadyDeadlock_BeerAddsCap.esp
[X] LJD_ENCLAVE ENABLED.esp
[ ] LJD_ENCLAVE ENABLED MOIRA BROWN.esp
[X] LookoutPointCamp.esp
[X] Meet the Devs.esp
[X] Megaton Closes.esp
[X] Meresti Metro Station Entrance.esp
[X] Metalux Factory.esp
[X] MoreMapMarkers.esp
[X] MTC MoreGuardsInBigTown.esp
[X] MTC Wasteland Travellers.esp
[X] Named Wasteland.esp
[X] NecronomiconExMortis.esp
[X] NoBattleMusic.esp
[X] NPCs Sleep Tighter.esp
[X] OutcastRewards.esp
[X] praiseatom.esp
[X] R.A.C.E. Station.esp
[X] RadioBlues.esp
[X] RaiderPowerArmor.esp
[X] Rivet City Realignment.esp
[X] Rivet City Underworks 1.1.esp
[X] Shady Sam - Merchant 1.0.esp
[X] SniperZooming.esp
[X] The Prince Residence.esp
[X] The Yard V1.3.esp
[X] Treasure Maps_A Fist Full of Caps.esp
[X] T3T_OutcastTechSupport.esp
[X] Vanity Camera Mod.esp
[X] Water_Tower_Hideout_byOrophin.esp
[X] Workbench_Crafting_Expansion.esp
[X] Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp
[X] FOOK.esp
[X] FOOK - Anchorage.esp
[X] FOOK - The Pitt.esp
[ ] FOOK - No Requirements for Miniguns, Gatlings, 20mm Flak.esp
[ ] FOOK - Strength Requirements for Miniguns, Gatlings, 20mm Flak.esp
[X] FOOK - Tougher Enemies.esp
[X] DarNifiedUIF3.esp
[X] DUIF3Extras.esp
[X] FWE_00_QUEST.esp
[X] FWE_01_COMBAT.esp
[X] FWE_02_COMBAT_II.esp
[X] FWE_03_CHARACTER.esp
[X] FWE_04_CHARACTER_II.esp
[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT.esp
[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_II.esp
[X] FWE_05_ITEMLOOT_III.esp
[X] FWE_06_SPAWNS.esp
[X] FWE_07_IMMERSION.esp
[X] FWE_08_FEATURES.esp
[X] FWE_09_OPT_BookPerks.esp
[X] FWE_09_OPT_Bypass Module.esp
[X] FWE_09_OPT_lessviewdistance.esp
[X] FWE_09_OPT_NoFastTravel.esp
[ ] FWE_09_OPT_PrimaryNeeds.esp
[X] FWE_09_OPT_SkillBasedHackingPicking.esp
[X] FWE Compatibility - FOOK.esp
[X] RI_Sleep2.esp
[X] LightweightFoodSanitizer.esp
[ ] Misc Item Refurbish ~ Medical Brace.esp
[X] Misc Item Refurbish -- Mutilated Parts.esp
[ ] Misc Item Refurbish ~ Wrench.esp
[X] Owned!.esp
[X] WeaponModKits.esp
[X] WeaponModKits - FOOK + FWE.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK + FWE.esp
[ ] Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE (Primary Needs).esp
[X] Mutant perks for Mart's Mutant Mod v1.5.esp
kitten maciver

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:04 pm

Forgive me as this has probably been asked arleady, but how do the alternate starts affect the main quest? is the only way to follow it to select the Vault Dweller option, or are there others that somehow rope me into it, just without the father angle?
Sharra Llenos

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Forgive me as this has probably been asked arleady, but how do the alternate starts affect the main quest? is the only way to follow it to select the Vault Dweller option, or are there others that somehow rope me into it, just without the father angle?

Future AS versions will rope you into it i guess, without the vault angle (sort of hard to remove the father one). Currently, some vault-related dialogues remain.
Bad News Rogers

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3