Games You Wished Would Return

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:38 pm

i beat the HD remake of devil survivor 2 so now i really want updated versions of other megaten games, another call of cthulhu dark corners of the earth would be cool and i'd love to see another gex, i used to play that on the 3do all the time. otherwise all the things i want to come back already have, may already be on their way or have aged fantastically

Amie Mccubbing

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:36 pm

Don't think Soul Hackers did any good for them to want to remaster the other ones
Jennifer May

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:31 am

Me too, very much so.

Though i don't think Trigger can happen, since it was SNES game. Or did it have a Playstation release too?
Amanda savory

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Yeah, it did. From mobygames.com; "The PlayStation version features an anime-style introduction movie and cutscenes, a "movie theater" mode which allows the player to re-watch these movies and listen to the game's songs, as well as an unlockable bestiary, dungeon maps, and art gallery"
Life long Observer

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Xenosaga: I wouldn't mind if it came back, maybe set it after the events of Episode Three. Will and aged Shion ever meet back up with Kosmos, what new threat awaits Shion and friends on Old Jerusalem (Earth)?

JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:20 pm

well damn, this is gonna be a list

Might and Magic:

and I mean REAL Might and Magic, not that generic abomination Ubisoft spits out on occasion.. go up to Jon Van Caneghem, say "we are giving you control of the IP once again.. anyone you want on staff, we will hire for you.. forget our Generic setting, go back to the one you put decades into crafting.. go back to showing us what happened after the apocalyptic Reckoning, make good on the subtle hints of future plotlines on Axeoth that were hinted about in 9, slowly seed us more info on the Ancients.. please, bring back the greatest Classic RPG franchise ever made!"..

sure it would never happen, but a man can dream..

Skies of Arcaida:

great JRPG that has aged surprisingly well, has 2 very engaging battle systems (normal battles and ship battles), likable characters, the story itself wasn't exactly groundbreaking but it was extremely well executed and kept your attention, the "discovery" system made the world feel both fleshed out and mysterious simultaneously with many fan theories about how certain ones relate to each other, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhgMbGQRPys

.. never gained the attention it deserved because of how unpopular the Dreamcast was, and that fact people looking for an RPG bought PS2's not Gamecubes.. if they hadn't canceled that PS2 port, I imagine we would have had an HD rerelease by now..

even if its not a sequel, just a rerelease with some higher resolution textures would have me drain my bank account

Outlaws:

did you know Lucasarts had an amazing game that wasn't Star Wars related? Outlaws was one of the best Western games out there, right up there with Red Dead Redemption in my book.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hatXPoYtIqc, a simple yet well executed believable story, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ1_-Kcjcg0, some good voice acting, and great level design.. as far as FPS's go, its my all time fav..

sadly, Lucasarts then took up the whole "we only make star wars and Indiana Jones games" policy so we never saw a followup.. I would kill for another Outlaws game similar to the original, but since that will likely never happen at least I have my old discs for it and a copy off GoG..

Bloody Roar:

I used to love these fighting games.. sure they weren't the most balanced, but the unique gameplay mechanics it had made it a blast to play, and some of the world lore on the Zoanthropes was pretty interesting.. sadly, I think the IP was mostly abandoned after Hudson Soft went under, but if they made a new one with a story mode similar to how the Blazblue games handled their story modes, I think it would be pretty awesome..

those are off the top of my head atm, but I am sure there is more..

i have those games and still need to playthrough them.. i was playing through the first around 6 months(ish) back, but my mem card got corrupted and deleted my progress and a didn't feel like going through all those hours again at that time... still plan to go back to it sometime in the near future, as i liked the combat system and the story did seem interesting and mysterious..

M!KkI

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:05 pm

I'd buy a Nintendo console for the first time in a long time were that to happen.

But for me, Knights of the Old Republic and Vampire the Masquerades: Bloodline come to mind like many have mentioned. Though some PS2 era games have come to mind as well now that I think about it. Great games that had potential but faded into obscurity.

Mercenaries. I know it got a sequel, and I enjoy it. But it looks like EA does what it does best and buried this along with Pandemic Studios and it will never see the light of day again. Typical.

Destroy All Humans! Another classic from Pandemic Studios that was just pure dumb fun. Hilarious fun at that with the beauty of rag doll physics. Unfortunately one bad sequel after the next was enough to put it down, but I'd love to see another attempt at a DAH! game after so many years.

War of the Monsters. Another game that was just pure fun. Giant monsters inspired from classic monster films and beat the living [censored] out of each other, rampaging across cities and bringing destruction while doing so.

Metal Arms. An entertaining TPS with tons of cool weapons and game mechanics. Played through it multiple times having enjoyed it so much. Maybe with Sierra Entertainment's revival there could be some hope of a sequel, though I doubt it.

Blessed DIVA

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Hey can you explain something to me, since you probably have the two new(est) Heroes of Might & Magic video games that were recently released for sale on Steam.

Ubisoft is selling Heroes of Might & Magic III is sold on gog.com, but Ubisoft is selling Heroes of Might & Magic III HD Edition on Steam.

Heroes of Might & Magic III HD Edition sold on Steam is apparently missing all of these from what some PC gamers are saying in their reviews.

#1. Armagedon's Blade and Shadow of Death - meaning no random map generation

#2. no artifact sets and nothing from those 2 expansions. It's ONLY The Restoration of Erathia!

So it's missing all of that and it's two expansion packs?

Now what is bad about Might & Magic Heroes VII if you have purchased it.

Too many PC gamers complaining on Steam in their reviews about lots of bugs.

Just explain to me what's missing and what new content and gameplay mechanics they added.

saxon

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Command and Conquer made the Westwood studios way and Star Wars Dark Forces the Jedi Knight series.

CHangohh BOyy

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:20 am

Parasite Eve....that 3rd birthday [censored] was [censored].

Jade Empire is another one.

Dragon Warrior monsters. Yea, I know, Square trying to rip off Pokemon, but I thought it was pretty fun. :P

Donkey Kong - my favorite gorilla needs a new game, like the old days with that kick ass soundtrack.

Liii BLATES

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:10 pm

#1 most wanted is another Lost Odyssey

#2 most wanted is another Suikoden

#3 but I've given up hope ... Half Life 3

Alyce Argabright

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:45 pm

There was a free M&M III mod out there. If you can get the one from GOG.com and download the mod (here is https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/ site, don't know the "safeness" of it), you should be golden :)

The trouble I have had with Steam and "older games" is that they do very little to make sure it runs on new machines. They'll happily mess with the program to make sure their DRM is added in, but that's it most of the time. GOG actually works with the game to make they run more often than not.

PS: On Topic: I just want the old games that played the way I liked them updated to run on newer machines with HD graphics. RPGs like the aforementioned SW:KotOR series (1 and 2), The Ultima series (maybe I could play them, if upadated), Bard's Tale 1 through 3, and similar titles. 4X games like Master of Magic (possibly my favorite game of all time), the early Civilization games, the old World of Warcraft games, Star Craft, and similar games. Strategy games like the Railroad Tycoon series, 1830, Themepark Tycoon, Airport Tycoon, and similar "build your cool place" games.

Alexis Estrada

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:53 pm

well Ballowers, when it comes to might & magic, im am probably this forums foremost expert, so I would be glad to answer your questions :)

yes, the HD steam version is missing the two expansions, along with all the features, units, spells, artifacts, heroes, and buildings they added.. they claim they lost the source code, but I think thats hogwash and they were just looking for a quick cash grab with little effort..

if you want to play Heroes 3, here is my suggestion.. first, buy it off GoG since GoG has all the expansions included, second download the fan-made HD asset pack as its sprite quality is much better than steams "HD" version.. also, after you have played its campaigns, try the fan-made expansion "Horn of the Abyss", it has a new castle type (the Cove, pirate themed, meant to represent the Ragnan Empire which is a major faction in the lore, but only ever really appeared in one game), units, spells, artifacts, building types, and a new type of Siege weaponry..

the Might & Magic games were originally created by a developer named Jon Van Caneghem and the studio he opened "New World Computing", it eventually got bought out by 3DO who ran it into the ground and gave them almost no funding and unreasonable deadlines before filing for bankruptcy putting Jon and his team out of work.. Ubisoft quickly bought the rights to the IP

part of the draw to the series was its lore and stories, lore deeper and more complex then even the Elder Scrolls has.. each games dialogue referenced previous games, foreshadowed the next, and just gave you a basic idea of the worlds current political state (similar to TES)..

but when Ubisoft took it over, they threw all that out the window saying "yeah, none of that exists, we are going to make our own fantasy setting and slap the Might and Magic name on it, that way it will sell based purely off brand recognition!".. however, their setting is generic as they come, and the writing is as if some freshmen high school student watched part 1 of the hobbit and went "I can totally write a fantasy story!".. they threw almost 2 decades of lore and world building out the window, got rid of the interesting mysterious concepts like the Kreegan, Ancients, and Guardians to replace them with some of the most generic stuff ever..

seriously, Ubisoft games have no connection to the originals at all, nothing, the only thing they have in common is the name

on the heroes side of the franchise specifically (Heroes being the TBSRPG half of the franchise), it resembles almost nothing like what it was when NWC had the IP..

Maps used to be large, with countless ways to go to search for your objective (for example, ones objective on a map may be "find and capture the Barbarians Capital", but you don't know where it is so you have to go out and search for it or try and find clues), but now they are as linear as they get ("you start at this end of a road, your objective is on that end of a road, there is no way off the road, go!")..

unit morale is near non-existant in the new ones (in the NWC if you had units that were of a different allignment (those being good and evil) in your army, say a few Angels and Devils, they would have a drop in morale, while units of the same would give you a mild buff in morale, there were also "neutral" alligned units who woould not affect morale at all), magic was nerfed entirely to the point its almost pointless, same with your heroes skills, the games now have almost no difficulty compared to the level of challenge you could get in NWC's games, there are far less artifacts to find, and the types of buildings on the map are far less than they were in NWC..

so yeah, Ubisoft's games are "Might & Magic" in name only, because they completely ignore what Might and Magic had been about since it first appeared with the first game "Secret of the Inner Sanctum"..

still, I am so happy that GoG has the REAL M&M games available, and I always tell people they should go check them out

DISCLOSURE: I apologize on the wall of text, i am just really passionate about what the franchise was, and not what ubisoft turned it into..

BRAD MONTGOMERY

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:11 am

I would love to see the Battlefront series return.
Portions

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Sigh, Ubisoft and their lost Source Code excuse.

I think Ubisoft is richer than SQUARE-ENIX, even if Ubisoft did lose Heroes of Might & Magic III's Source Code they should just reverse engineer it all.

I mean SQUARE-ENIX did it with Final Fantasy X/X-2 they said they ran into problems, but the video game developers of Final Fantasy X/X-2 managed to reverse engineer the whole entire video game I think.

Is it even worth it for video game development companies to reverse engineer their video games if they have lost the video games Source Code?

What SQUARE-ENIX did with Final Fantasy X/X-2 I think reverse engineering a video games Source Code when lost is worth it.

Also I have Heroes of Might & Magic III on gog.com and a bunch of mods for it. I don't really play it much though because I'm to busy playing a bunch of other video games that I purchased from gog.com, like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

I have 200+ hours played of Heroes of Might & Magic III played on gog.com.

Thank you for all of your answers.

Vickytoria Vasquez

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:23 pm

not a problem, glad to be of help :)

Khamaji Taylor

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Thought of another one: Jedi Knight. I know this is about as likely as a Nerf mating with a Rancor, but man those games were so much fun!

*Edit* Damn, laptop1967 already had it on there. What I get for skimming, lol
Max Van Morrison

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Tenchu - I really miss this series of games and I wish they would come back and follow the story of Rikimaru and Ayame.

Farrah Barry

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:28 am

I don't know why I can't think of many off the top of my head, but the few that come to mind:

-Half-life... :cry:

-I am not finished with TESA: Redguard, but I really wish the planned sequels of Eye of Argonia and Paradise Sugar had been made. Hey, maybe those two projects Bethesda is planning before TESVI are those two games. :P

Robyn Lena

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Yeah, I'd second this. I think the last one they made was the one for Wii that I didn't like. It was ok until it got to the sword fight part and then I just gave up because I couldn't get the hang of it.
Karl harris

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Freelancer

No One Lives Forever

Command and Conquer

And definately id like to see Warcraft followed on with the Warcraft storyline, not the WOW version.

emma sweeney

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Total Annihilation, now that Wargaming has both the license and the game's original developer.

I'd also like Dungeon Siege to be revived in the vein of the first two titles, but I don't trust Square Enix to do it.

I'd also like to see another proper Bioware/Black Isle style Dungeons and Dragons (or Pathfinder, which I believe Obsidian has the license to) style CRPG that isn't an isometric homage to the Infinity Engine era.

Frankly, I don't mind the Ubisoft titles, 5 being my second-favorite next to 3 (although I've avoided the 7th game after hearing what a disappointment it was), or its world and mythos. I don't think it's necessarily mutually exclusive with the old universe either, since a plot point in some parts of HOMM6 is that Ashan is cut off from the rest of the universe by a veil put in place by Asha, and that if I recall Sandro's dialogue and motivations correctly, there are other worlds out there, inaccessible so long as Asha is around.

Really, I'm more angry at NWC for chucking the near-perfect formula of HOMM3 out the window for the downgrade that was HOMM4, and for blowing up Enroth, the setting for every previous HOMM game (with the possible exception of the Price of Loyalty campaigns) and the last several M&M games. I wouldn't put it past them to lose the source code for the HOMM3 expansions like Ubisoft claimed.

I can't speak for Heroes 7, but I very distinctly remember morale and luck having a tangible effect in both 5 and 6 (more, in fact, since Luck and Morale weren't capped at 30%), and at least in 5, there were alignment penalties to morale (although I believe that it was from the unit's alignment contrasting with the hero's). Haven, Rampart, and Academy were "good", Dungeon, Necropolis, and Inferno were "evil", and I'm not sure about Fortress and Stronghold. I didn't mind the magic nerf, given how overpowered it was in the NWC titles, and I liked the elaborate skill wheel system of HOMM5 and the level of control over hero progression in HOMM6 (as opposed to hoping that the RNG gives you the choices of skills that you want).

Trevi

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:51 pm

The original plan for Xenosaga was to have it six games long, as three two game series, with KOS-MOS being a recurring character along with... whatever the space Jesus' name was :P But since the first one sold below expectaions, only the first part of the three ever happened :shrug:

And Xenogears suffered from poor project planning, leaving the latter half of the game rather rushed. And something went wrong with Xenoblade too. It's doomed idea, sadly :lmao:

But hey, at least they left behind some awesome music ^_^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dKpeTEBYIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n10VyIRJj58
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:36 am

Shadow Man

Castlevania

Legacy of Kain

BloodRayne

Half Life

hannaH

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:25 pm

I don't know how to break this to you, but... Castlevania is dead. Like properly DEAD!

Your best hope lies with Bloodstained : Ritual of the Night. Other than that, let's hope Konami have to give up the rights somehow. I really don't care how, I just don't want them to hold any control over that franchise any more.

Alexxxxxx

PreviousNext

Return to Othor Games