Harkon - backstory theory <Spoilers>

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:40 pm

I don't get your logic, and no the Tribunal is older, or at least older then 3000 years.

Anyway if she was around during the time when Dragons ruled Skyrim, when the dragon war was going on, when dragon priests walked around when the Dwemer and the Falmer were around don't you think she would have been a bit more surprised to see all that changed since then?

Notice also how she does not seem at all surprised to see a Dunmer, which she would have to be if she was around back then. 4000 years, 1500 years, 500 years there are problems with nearly each age. Before or even in the first era just seems way more unlikely to me then other ages.
Danel

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:23 pm

This creates more problems than it gives answers.

I think that my own proposed timeline makes more sense than outlandish numbers like 3000 or 4000.
AnDres MeZa

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Outlandish? Divayth Fyr is over four thousand years old. It is not far-fetched for a man like Harkon, given his immortal condition, to be that old. The only difference is that Divayth ages, and he pretty much went hardcoe.
biiibi

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:51 am

It could imply also that after their dissapearance some groups wanted to learn from the dwemer and even adapt their civilisation to their own - This could be a great advantage over anything. But in reality no one was midly interested to do so. Also if she was around the time of the dwemer she wouldn't ask "If this is a dwemer city?" She would know that already.
Veronica Martinez

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Still Harkon's no concern about the dragons roaming the skies leads me to believe that 4000 years is way too much for him. I was not talking about that the number itself is outlandish, I was trying to tell that this number is outlandish in Harkon's case.
Eve Booker

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:17 pm

*Double post*
Jessie

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Ok, can we just conclude that no one knows? Any number sounds possible to me, whether their 4000 or 1500 years old is irrelavent. Unless of course some people have some sort of personal agenda for/against Harkon and co. being 4000/1500 years old, that goes into the realms of pointlessness.
Bloomer

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:28 pm

Isn't the entire fun behind this place trying to figure out what is what without to much clear evidence? Of course in some situations more evidence would be better but still
neil slattery

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:17 am

Yeah, it is, but we already have people saying their estimation is more likely the correct one etc, etc. We need much more from the lore team at Beth before we can start talking like that. In my opinion, both estimations are equally possible. Serana being surprised that Cyrodill having an Empire may mean shes over 4000 years old, and the time of Molag Bals invasion may mean Harkon and Co are only around 1500 years old.

The lore team probably could have done stuff better, but we just have to wait for them to release more info. MK will probably cook up something.
lucile

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ythpzsu18

Seriously though, some info from the devs would be nice.
Darren Chandler

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:25 pm

But we also have to treat it like the crap it is - like Star Wars fan did.

I call to be Harry Plinkett.

Also Prometheus isn't really.."Alien" franchise as much as being directed by the same guy. It had really nothing to do with the original movie so why even call it an Alien prequel? There was nothing really shown besides Space Jockeys and their very vague-unknown-controversial-crazy plan to take us out with a biological weapon that destroyed them.

Why was there an invasion? Did the Towers weaken at this time? (And apparently the lore guys say this is before Tiber Septim even birthed so it gets more [censored]y as we go on)

Ultimately, why isn't Mehrunes Dagon in on this action? Besides the banishment to Oblivion don by Sotha Sil and Almalexia I sincerely doubt that kept Dagon in all this time until one particular moment (aka Oblivion).
Sarah Bishop

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:46 am

The invasion happened because the dragon fires were not lit. <- official information.

I understand your frustration. Things that already bugg me in TES:O are for example are 1) Orsimer as a playable facion - weren't they slaves and hunting animals for the bretons? 2) So exactly when the Aldmeri Dominion formed, becasue I can't remember them being long before Tiber Septims birth. I am almost certain that by hitting to the MMO crowd they will dumb down the lore.I hope that this won't happen.
City Swagga

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Never called it a prequel in my original post, only that it ruins the franchise for me. I hoped for a better backstory of one of the greatest geniuses on earth, who created the true avatar of evil symbolised as his corporation. In return his an idiot. Like every scientist in this movie (what!? There is Oxygen in the atmosphere?! Quick take your masks off there is not even a slightest chance of infection on this alien world), . And it didn't helped that I really disliked the Lost series in the past for the same reason as I feel about this movie, now.
Mackenzie

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Well yeah obviously it could have been better and nobody could have been sure, but I personally still like the speculation and don't see the problem with it. That is as long as somebody doesn't start claiming to be better then everybody else because somebody likes his or her own theory more.
Mashystar

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:40 pm

Can you ponit me to this thread?
Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:55 am

The sycophants for Bethseda on this forum seem to hold that the only thing that justifies this entire lore-crushing event is that the First Pocket Guide was of Imperial-propaganda and thus can be put into anolysis. HOWEVER, they forget the fact the entire AD was created solely due to what medieval Europe calls "good old times".

Basically - A type of Hundred Years War that didn't last a Hundred Years - merely a powerplay of those in the Camoran Dynasty attempting to achieve to the Throne. Altmer found out and backed one particular in the Camora Dynasty, invading Valenwood and ultimately forming it in 2E 830 - several years AFTER Tiber Septim was born.

This also proves Paul Sage (original guy who did the interview for Gamespot guys for E3) is an idiot whose kept in the Dark, as I did a critique on him yet apparently he knew just as much as we did until the actual lore-people came out and proved he was an idiot in an nth degree.

Also everyone else calls Prometheus (even those directing marketed it as such) as an "alien prequel". Hence why many are now calling BS.

ALSO, Eras are not thousands of years. Eras are defined by moments, people and ultimately come about when people decide. Tiber Septim declared the Third Era when he formed his Empire, the Second Era was declared as the Reman Dynasty ultimately died and the Potenates took over.

Basically - the times between the Second Era and the Third Era with the Fourth Era do not equal one thousand years.
Hearts

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:50 pm

This thread is extremely old but I am coming off a discussion over at the teslore subreddit about this exact topic, and I cannot seem to find any other discussions on this topic without digging through the archives. So, I am reviving this thread from the dead in an attempt to garner new opinions on the matter.

Going off the OP post, Falkreath would make sense considering the thing its famed for most: its massive graveyard. I propose that Harkon was indeed a ruler of some Proto-Falkreath and did in fact sacrifice the people who lived there from his keep of Bloodlet Throne. He then either left or time ran its course and Bloodlet Throne was considered a cursed ruin where they still dwelled, with Falkreath being re-settled and the graveyard being dug to properly bury the thousands of bodies Harkon had sacrificed. Considering that whole corner of the map breeds ill with witches, werewolves, vampires, etc. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that area has become tainted by the events to some degree.

Ryan Lutz

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion