Hidden plot?

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:32 am

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but on the side of the megaton bomb there is a vault-tec symbol. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
Adriana Lenzo

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:26 am

I always found that weird as I thought the bomb was a chinese bomb that was a dud, it would explain why it is where it is
Lisa Robb

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:51 am

Vault-Tec was selling arms to both sides?

Possibly.

Definitely not beneath them. I mean, the social experimentation and all.
Alex [AK]

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:10 am

Vault-Tec was selling arms to both sides?

Possibly.

Definitely not beneath them. I mean, the social experimentation and all.

Woah.. never noticed that. Im guessing they were just trying to make money off of the vaults, by nuking the upper world. Either an easter egg, or a brand new conspiracy.
Kerri Lee

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:29 pm

well the enclave built the vaults it's my theory that they started the war to take complete control of the government.
meghan lock

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 am

well the enclave built the vaults it's my theory that they started the war to take complete control of the government.

Yeah, and that worked out real well for them didn't it.

But if I am not mistaken, that vaults where mostly for testing of the Spaceship.

(or at least that's what I read)
Marine Arrègle

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:59 pm

Well, the Enclave didn't make the Vaults...The Vault Tec corporation in conjuction with the United States government made the Vaults in their control-group experiments. The Enclave is simply the American Governments remnant.

But once again, all roads lead to Vault Tec.
Jah Allen

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:37 pm

The Brotherhood of Steel was once part of the U.S. Government, not just the Enclave. Though the Brotherhood was just a bunch of 1-2 Star Generals that formed their own group, its not impossible to think that they had anything to do with creating the Vaults?

But as its already been said! It all leads to Vault-Tec.
helen buchan

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:09 am

The Brotherhood of Steel was once part of the U.S. Government, not just the Enclave. Though the Brotherhood was just a bunch of 1-2 Star Generals that formed their own group, its not impossible to think that they had anything to do with creating the Vaults?

There were no generals in the brotherhood of steel, their highest ranking member was a captain (Roger Maxon to be exact)... They were the Mariposa Military officers that went rouge.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Brotherhood_Of_Steel

Well, the Enclave didn't make the Vaults...The Vault Tec corporation in conjuction with the United States government made the Vaults in their control-group experiments. The Enclave is simply the American Governments remnant.

Or is it the other way around. Is the Enclave a pre war shadow government that controled, amongst other things a company called vault tec
kiss my weasel

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:39 am

I always just shook it off as a coicendence, or that it is just a fancy design.
courtnay

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 am

Or is it the other way around. Is the Enclave a pre war shadow government that controled, amongst other things a company called vault tec

Are you really ready to go down that Rabbit hole. (yes, Should definetly show up as hidden content for Broken Steel.)
liz barnes

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:47 pm

The Brotherhood were never involved with the creation of the Vaults.

They are the descendants of the soldiers (a Captain, his men, and their families) who were stationed at a research facility that was developing FEV. They rebelled when they found out about the nature of the virus, and a few days after the Great War, they trekked across the wastes, found a new home, and would eventually become the Brotherhood of Steel.
Anna Kyselova

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:33 am

They were the Mariposa Military officers that went rouge.

I doubt they were that embarrased :P

Vault Tec was contracted by the US government, the Enclave and the government are one and the same, though the post-war Enclave are descendants at best. Whilst Vault Tec were coontracted, it was the US government that had control over the turnout of the Vaults themselves. There is no reason why the Enclave would have deemed Vault Tec valuable enough for post-war preservation.
josh evans

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 pm

My guess would be it was dropped out of a US plane, when it was caught in a nuclear explosion. that could also explain why it didnt detonate, it wasnt armed.
Cartoon

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:08 pm

Vault Tec was contracted by the US government, the Enclave and the government are one and the same, though the post-war Enclave are descendants at best. Whilst Vault Tec were coontracted, it was the US government that had control over the turnout of the Vaults themselves. There is no reason why the Enclave would have deemed Vault Tec valuable enough for post-war preservation.

The Enclave were around before the war, and seperate (but including members of) the government. They were a "Shadow" government
One of the few old world organizations to survive the http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Great_War, the Enclave was once the shadow government of the United States. Members of the Enclave both embraced the idea of a nuclear war and knew that the common man could not survive it. They believed that as long as the "important people" of the United States survived, they could regroup quickly and wipe out communism once and for all. Though not technically part of the Enclave, many powerful corporations benefited from the Enclave's actions and their research facilities were protected during the "firestorm" of http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#2077.

Note a "Shadow Government" isnt as creepy as it sounds - it just means that they're sort of an "Alternative" government who sit in the sidelines just in case something happens.... (In Parlementary Government systems we have "Shadow Ministers" who are a part of the opposition parties... Its a similar thing to that, except kinda more official.

Next to vault-tec, Its not neccesarily that they were vaulable enough for post-war preservation.... Lets look at some real world examples of what I mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_(airline)

Lets assume the rumours here are true: Is this organisation a part of the CIA? Yes, and no.

Vault Tec, being integral to the Enclave's "Project Safehouse" plans would have been under enclave control pre war in order to put a "happy face" onto project safehouse. Project Safehouse, as we all know, would have needed some things that the Enclave wouldnt want folks outside to know - why risk it with an organsiation you dont control?
kirsty williams

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:43 am

SNIP

Agreed, but all of that becomes meaningless after the events of 2077. The things that happened played into their scheme of things, the most common denomination of the Enclave would be an opportunist. They secured what they believed to be the most important figureheads, and everyone else, as far as they were concerned, could burn. Beyond Vault contracts and face in the public eye, Vault Tec would have no place in post-war United States. It would be safe to assume that Vault Tec preserved themselves, and the non-canon Fallout: Brotherhood of steel takes that another step further. And though FOBoS is non-canon, there is no reason to believe Vault Tec didn't take measures to preserve themselves. That remains to be seen, if at all.
Sylvia Luciani

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:22 pm

It's not the Vault-Tec symbol. It's somewhat similar, but it's not it.
oliver klosoff

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 am

My guess would be it was dropped out of a US plane, when it was caught in a nuclear explosion. that could also explain why it didnt detonate, it wasnt armed.

My guess too.

Since it was a plane that crashed and from what Megaton was built.

C'mon, how stupid must you be to nuke something by flying your aircraft to it?
Richard Dixon

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:09 am

My guess too.

Since it was a plane that crashed and from what Megaton was built.

C'mon, how stupid must you be to nuke something by flying your aircraft to it?

I thought Megaton was built from scraps from a nearby airport, and not a crashed plane?
Sarah MacLeod

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:22 pm

I thought Megaton was built from scraps from a nearby airport, and not a crashed plane?

I think there was a commercial aircraft at the crater site also. Though Manya tells you it was built from salvage from a nearby airfield, sooo maybe it was both, but I don't remember her mentioning the aircraft at the crater site. But it was there nontheless.
Kahli St Dennis

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:16 am

Ok so let me put it out straight

A faction of the U.S Government secretly gathered in a plan to take total control, by taking charge of vault-tec (or creating it, not quite clear), selling arms to both sides and causing the setting of the fallout games as we know it. They gathered into the Oil rig to wait out the destruction and build their defenses until invasion and rebuilding would come, and they would recreate America with the Enclave as the Supreme power.

Crazyyyyy stuff huh?
asako

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:30 am

Actuallly, the Enclave was a shadow governement, behind the US governement. Kind of like the Illuminati.

And they did comission Vault-Tec to build the vaults, for their experimentation.

It says so here;

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:32 am

The Enclave was a shadow group within the government, military and corporations.
Amy Smith

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Ok so let me put it out straight

A faction of the U.S Government secretly gathered in a plan to take total control, by taking charge of vault-tec (or creating it, not quite clear), selling arms to both sides and causing the setting of the fallout games as we know it. They gathered into the Oil rig to wait out the destruction and build their defenses until invasion and rebuilding would come, and they would recreate America with the Enclave as the Supreme power.

Crazyyyyy stuff huh?

No, The Enclave were a group of folks who believed the end was coming one way or another. The US had the last untapped source of oil, and China was spoiling for a fight, not that any other country on earth was happy about the US not sharing.

The Enclave got together to plan what was going to come next. They'd already written off civilisation as we knew it (much less winning the war), and assumed that the whole planet would be a write off. They formed a plan to keep the best and brightest (in their opinion), and their progeny alive. The plan was to move off the planet earth. To achieve this, they created and took control of several organisations (such as Posideon oil). Part of the plan to move off the earth was to run a series of experiments on groupd of people to anticipate what problems may occur in flight, and what they might do about it - The Vault Behavioiural Project. Vault Tec was created to construct and market these vaults to the American population.

The Enclave didnt blow up the planet, per se (although the President would have authorised strikes, etc), the Enclave assumed the end was inevitable.
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:30 am

That may be the case, though still, I hadn't been aware that Vault-Tec made nuclear weapons, which would be the simplest explanation for a Vault-Tec symbol on the bomb. I actually always wondered about it myself.

I think there was a commercial aircraft at the crater site also. Though Manya tells you it was built from salvage from a nearby airfield, sooo maybe it was both, but I don't remember her mentioning the aircraft at the crater site. But it was there nontheless.

If I remember correctly, she did say that the crater was caused by a plane that crashed, so presumably, both parts from the original crashed plane and ones scavenged from the airport would have been used.
Donald Richards

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion