Homosixuality in ES V

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:50 pm

the only thing that makes me :facepalm: is the amount of homophobia in this thread. :shakehead:
Jessica Phoenix

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:14 am

I think every minority group and lifestyle should be implemented into TES to make sure everyone feels included and validated. Furthermore, I believe there should be a government agency to ensure that each group is receiving the appropriate amount of representation in every facet of the game.
remi lasisi

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:22 am

i dont care if its in there per say as long as they dont overdue it like they did with fallout new vegas. two of your companions were gay and you only get 4 to choose from, 5 if you include the useless dog. more than a few of the npcs you encountered in quests were gay. its like they were trying to shout out as loud as possible "hey, look over here......we put tons of gay people in our game."

to be honest i prefer my games to be as asixual as possible simply because if you have a girlfriend there is nothing that a video game can do better. i even stopped doing the "conquest card game" in the witcher because it was just tedious. the only sixual encounter in a video game that was worthwhile and entertaining was Fisto! in new vegas. that was hilarious. :)
NEGRO

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:21 pm

I think it would be kind of funny

That's not a good argument for including homosixuals ;)

New Vegas pulled it off really well with the companion Arcade Gannon. No stereotype, no 'LOOK HERE I AM A GAY NPC IN THIS GAME', it was just subtle, as it should be. When you think about this character, 'He is gay' is not the first thing that will come to mind.

If it works somewhere, I don't mind if they add it. If there's no point, don't force it.
Catharine Krupinski

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Didn't we already have more than several hints at homosixual people in previous TES games? (Crassius Curio, etc)

Overall, it's not an issue for me if it's included, it's not an issue if it isn't. TES games aren't about six anyway.
james kite

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:50 am

RPG = role playing game, it would add diversity to what role you could play out... But it won't affect my buy as I won't be going down that road wether it's included or not.
But it would be nice to see Bethesda push the limits of role playing, and show to people that sixual orientation doesn't matter.
Erich Lendermon

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:57 pm

:facepalm:

I think that is going to be a common thing in this thread. There is no need for it and it won't be there and why would anyone even want it to be in the game?? Does it further the story line? If not, leave it out as it doesn't fit the lore either.

It's called humor. Did Morrowind need it, did it further the storyl... wait, it actually did in Morrowind. Put it in Skyrim.
Tha King o Geekz

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:31 pm

the only thing that makes me :facepalm: is the amount of homophobia in this thread. :shakehead:

Where?

Ohhhh... are we playing the modern political correctness game whereby if you don't give special attention and privileged to a subset of people then that means you hate them?
neil slattery

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:01 pm

I would like more references to same-six relationships. It doesn't have to be blatantly sixual, any more than opposite-six couples in TES are blatantly sixual. Just something that's there, not erased.
Rachael Williams

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:34 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GIFT
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:21 pm

I think that is going to be a common thing in this thread. There is no need for it and it won't be there and why would anyone even want it to be in the game?? Does it further the story line? If not, leave it out as it doesn't fit the lore either.

Theres no need for variations in the look of one specific set of armor really, but it adds to the variety and immersion doesn't it? Also I don't think the lore says anything on the subject.
Grace Francis

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:10 am

This is one of those things you shouldn't talk about... like religion and politics

Religion and Politics are in TES, so why not? It would allow peeps to enjoy their role playing experience if they choose to go that route, or it could make it more realistic for some folks. Either way I don't care if homosixuality is in or not.
Melissa De Thomasis

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Hey, i like soccer. I hope that is in game as well. :banghead:
laila hassan

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:48 pm

100% completely agreed. People need to grow up, it has been in the last two games, and it'll probably be in Skyrim.
jessica breen

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Disastser striking in 10...9...
ladyflames

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Some references to homosixuality in lore/culture, character backgrounds, etc. would be interesting, if only for the sake of variety and depth. But beyond that I can't see sixuality of any kind playing much of a role in an Elder Scrolls game.
Mylizards Dot com

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:06 am

100% completely agreed. People need to grow up, it has been in the last two games, and it'll probably be in Skyrim.

You agree on what? The level of homophobia in the thread? Fine... just show us where all this rampant homophobia is.
carrie roche

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Hey, i like soccer. I hope that is in game as well. :banghead:

In Oblivion:

Step 1: Grab a lettuce.
Step 2: Drop the lettuce on the ground.
Step 3: Walk in the direction of the lettuce.
Step 4: Use the adoring fan's corpse as the goal.

So if Skyrim is like Oblivion in it's physics engine, you've got your soccer.
Chris Guerin

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:56 pm

I really don't care about this issue. If it's there, cool. If it's not, whatever. Just leave me to my indifference. I'm not homophobic, I have homosixual fraternity brothers, whom I will call brother all my life, but I just don't care if it's in Skyrim or not.
stevie critchley

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:14 pm

There should be a "Not relevant to Elder Scrolls" option, because it isn't.
Everardo Montano

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 pm

I really don't care about this issue. If it's there, cool. If it's not, whatever. Just leave me to my indifference.

Exactly
Dezzeh

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:40 pm

I don't see how it would be more "realistic". This is Nirn, not modern day Earth. I don't really know what the position is of the major power groups in Tamriel on homosixuality. I mean, Tamriel clearly displays influences from many cultures, some of which openly embraced homosixuality and others that were quite against it.

Right, because we don't want overt, explicit, references to and scenes of controversial things that may damage Bethesda as a company means we hate gay people. I forgot. Oh, we also hate gay people, apparently, because we don't quite think homosixuality would necessarily make things more "realistic" in the context of the game...
Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:05 pm

What are you talking about? Is anyone here adamant that it be included in the game? Your just making crap up. I belive what I said is it doesn't make a difference to me either way but I would like for it to be in there if they could do it. Nice strawman argument though.

People seem to be pretty darn obsessed about finding out if this crap's gonna' be in it or not, which is where the whole adamant thing comes from.

EDIT: Where on earth is this homophobia thing coming from? We're all :facepalm: ing because we're sick and tired of people making a huge-ass issue of this.
Darlene Delk

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:19 am

mods please close this... its gonna get bad
Kortknee Bell

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:07 am

Some references to homosixuality in lore/culture, character backgrounds, etc. would be interesting, if only for the sake of variety and depth. But beyond that I can't see sixuality of any kind playing much of a role in an Elder Scrolls game.

This.
IM NOT EASY

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim