How long do you think TES will go on for?

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:42 am

*50 Yrs later*
Sonny, back in my days we didn't have some fancy Virtual reality console with intelligent AI!!!!! *Show them Oblivion and Morrowind and they laugh at what we thought was great*

Ahh I can picture it...
I had to walk fifteen miles just to get an Iron Shardskewer, and I was gratefull!
Johnny

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:24 am

The second post.
Darrell Fawcett

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 am

*50 Yrs later*
Sonny, back in my days we didn't have some fancy Virtual reality console with intelligent AI!!!!! *Show them Oblivion and Morrowind and they laugh at what we thought was great*

Heck, show them Arena and see their head explode from the sheer amount of AWESOME put into a single game.
jessica breen

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:52 am

Until the stars no longer shine.

No seriously though, It will probably depend upon the success of Elder Scrolls V. If it does great than many more to come, if it does not so well, they may depend upon the fallout franchise, and focus less strongly upon Elder Scrolls (which would make me cry by the way).

I'm sure Elder Scrolls V will be a massive success, especially since they haven't even unveiled a teaser or even confirmation of it yet.

I can't wait!
wtf,how is that any indication that its gonna be a massive success?? :confused:
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 am

wtf,how is that any indication that its gonna be a massive success?? :confused:

i think it is because it is an indication that they are not rushing it and that they haven't got peoples hopes up for a release soon so that they'll be able to take their time and make the game they wish to make rather than the one they can make in the next 5 months.

i'm certainly in favor of this since it allows for the development of more content

make it great beth.

as for how long the series will go on for? i think depending on the development of the technology the last one may be somewhere around X where beth will present the whole of tamriel in a way they think is best and let modders fill in whatever they wish to. i think this would be great especially if there is plenty of empty space to stick things that modders create in and to give the sense of a huge area. it may take them more than 5 more games to get to that point but i certainly hope it comes eventually. beth will probably still release questlines and such but for the most part a good all of Tamriel game is the logical end of the numbered franchise. this doesn't mean TES will die it will just be mature.
Nuno Castro

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:05 am

Where does it say that? (The Elder scrolls is Eternal??)

It says it in: The game was set out with a original history, very descriptive yet STILL open ended. About how the world more or less came to be, to a description of all the gods, races, religions, wars that had taken place in the first 2 eras. The 3rd era is where in Oblivion you spend alot of your time in, adding onto this story, and throughout the game, things unravel as you play, and all of a sudden Tamriel's emperor is lost..

If you look back at the old history, their was war everywhere when their was no emperor, and cultures divided. The empire had them unified, but with no emperor or heir, anything could happen. So taking into ALL THE EVENTS that Especialy, but not JUST (Arena/Daggerfall along with TES Travels contribute a bit to the base story line of the game), Morrowind/Oblivion have left amass issues with Tamriel in multiple ways, with you being right their to see it, then hearing stories of it throughout the game, and reading (The pocket guide), you see what is going on.

Its a video game that has a amazing storyline and plot which is highy detailed in all the games events, througout Tamriels and/or Mundus's history, it is still Open Ended, and much is untold. Unless they purpously wrap on this series/world into a Happy Ending in the next elder scrolls, (Which by the way would be pointless, the whole world doesent end in a happy ending just because, people/culture change always), this game could go on forever. Maybe.. further exploration into the Sea of Ghosts would lead to the discovery of more lands or something, or Gods could turn on the citicenzs for whatever reason you just dont know. The only way this game could ever end is if Bethesda stops making it and no-one else takes up the job of continuing the series.

The game is a world/story of its own.
Ian White

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:41 am

Elder Scrolls VII: Escape From Ninja Mountain

:rofl:
Yvonne Gruening

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 am

Hilarious :|

But seriously where did you get that info from?

yo mama
Chelsea Head

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:49 am

I hope that it will live on for ages, and that every single game will be epic. That's all I can say.
Natasha Biss

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:30 am

I think TES will go on for about 35 more years. :obliviongate: :cookie: :nod:
Miss K

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:19 am

TES is eternal.

Where does it say that?

Right above you.

:lmao:
I agree it is eternal.
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:21 pm

ive always thought that it would be romantic to end on number 5, "which is the number of the limits of this world." i hope that doesnt happen though, thats much too quick.

with the way beth is cashing out on TES (novels, etc.) it should go on for quite some time :)
Kelly James

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:59 am

I would love to see TES beat Final Fantasy in number of games.

They would only have to make about 20 more games to catch them lol.
Breautiful

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:58 am

Im thinking..... 10-15 more years
leni

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:20 am

As long as it keeps making money
Wane Peters

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:30 am

*50 yrs later from 2009*

Sonny back in my days i have to plunder some alyied ruin and get a Fine Steel Longsword and was happy! So why are you crying about getting a Deadric Warhammer
Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:12 pm

Until judgment day....

The only way that it will not go on forever is if it keeps getting worse ( Oblivion )
Trent Theriot

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:10 am

I want tes to go on forever. but i no it wont. i also wouldnt mind a seperate onlie franchise of tes games. they would totally kick world of warcraft's rear end. lol
daniel royle

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:45 am

I think it will end on about Elder Scrolls: 7 or 8. I have a feeling there just gonna make Elder scrolls V, then throw in a online game and that will be the end of it. But I think this is how it should be. The elder scrolls 1: Arena The elder scrolls 2:Daggerfall The elder scrolls 3: morrowind The elder scrolls IV oblivion The elder scrolls V return to vradenfall(or morrowind) and then The elder scrolls Online. I think Returning to morrowind would be a sick idea, with graphics that are even better then fallout 3's and gameplay better then morrowinds. Also I think the story should be something like, 50 yrs later, your hero comes back to morrowind, and sees that a new enemy has arrived from the deep treacherous caves of hell and wishes to rule the world.
Maddy Paul

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:24 am

Until 2012, when the real world ends...
lucile

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:09 am

I have a feeling it won't end for a while but ny guess it has to end eventually.
Jenna Fields

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:05 am

All good things must come to an end. So too with TES and pretty much any series out there.

:whisper: Square Enix just hasn't got the memo yet.
NO suckers In Here

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:15 pm

I want tes to go on forever. but i no it wont. i also wouldnt mind a seperate onlie franchise of tes games. they would totally kick world of warcraft's rear end. lol

Until 2012, when the real world ends...

I have a feeling it won't end for a while but ny guess it has to end eventually.

DONT SAY THAT!!! your just going to jinx everything and while i dont belive in that stuff i still dont think its worth the risk!!!
Liv Staff

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:01 am

As long as it keeps making money

+1. I think TES will have 10-12 parts for the current technology, with an MMORPG as last part. Then maybe over 50-100 years a remake for virtual reality pc/console if Bethesda still will exist.
Betsy Humpledink

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 am

Elder Scrolls VII: Escape From Ninja Mountain

reminded me of Ultima: Escape from Mount Drash.

been years since i played that game.

and TES will prob go on til it looks exactly like Katamari and then the fans will simply abandon it completely (the Old Guard left the series after TES 6).

or EA buys the whole deal and murder the name completely and then shut it down. (Origin anyone?)
Chloe :)

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion