Just bought a PS3

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Valkyria Chronicles. Just an all around amazing game.
Steven Hardman

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Has it been delayed or have i been misinformed?

Yeah, they announced the game was delayed back in april. Ico & SotC HD Collection was also delayed back then as it was originally scheduled for a spring 2011 release.

And for all we know, it could be delayed again :P
Samantha Jane Adams

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Well, there would be absolutely no excuse for half-assing that one. Delays are understandable.
Kira! :)))

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:47 am

I got one last winter and if you buy any game for it buy Heavy Rain,one of my all time favorites.

Some other goodies are ;

Killzone Series
God of War Series(never played)
Uncharted Series
Infamous Series
Little Big Planet Series( I don't like it but many do)
Demon Souls's (Wasn't a fan of it)
I also enjoy playing the Naruto Shippuden games.
Nuno Castro

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Well it looks like I'm going to buy a lot of games...

What are the top 3 games I should get?

Demon Souls is a great game, but it has been called the most difficult game of this generation, and I think it lives up to that pretty well. If you don't mind getting really fustrated sometimes I'd say get it. It also has really fun and unique multiplayer. -Edit- also has great combat.

Also probably get Uncharted, either one or two. Two is better, but if you want to understand who the characters are you should at least rent Uncharted 1 and quickly play through it.

After that I'd say get LittleBigPlanet 2 if you like Player-created content, creativness, platforming and co-op, or Killzone 3 if you like multiplayer, and shooters.
Jason King

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:54 am

Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 4
Alexxxxxx

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:49 pm

This list consists of series mixed with games btw :P

Ratchet & Clank - hey it's my favourite PS exclusive series :stare: And for a reason if you're into that kinda of games.

Heavy Rain - love it. One of the best games ever imo and it's different than anything ever done.

Uncharted - meh, actually. The 2nd one got stuck in my original PS3 when it YLODd and I never bothered to get it out :P I admit it's a great series but "meh" is really my reaction. Doesn't give me any thrill at all :shrug:

GT5 - flawed but still a pretty cool driving game - borrowed it from a friend and enjoyed it.

LBP - I once read a review of it that said "If you're not moved by this game you have stone heart". Guess I have a stone heart cause although I love Sackboy and the customization and all, I doubt I ever reached say...5 hours into the game. Same for reason for Uncharted - the no thrill thing - but even less (atleast I finished the Uncharted games).

Demon Souls - I don't own it simply because if I'm honest I think I would rage quit the game if it's THAT hard. I'd love to borrow it or rent it but sadly I know no one who has it and renting games services aren't avaible over here. Such a shame cause I think I migh really enjoy the game, I'm tempted about Dark Souls though.

inFamous - pure awesomeness :P Sure, both games have their flaws but I really like inFamous, especially the 2nd one.

And that's it from my recommendation list :P

EDIT: Oh yeah

God of War - I got the PS3 trilogy (first PS2 HD remastered and the 3rd one) since I had never bought either and although I liek it and finished the first one in a matter of days I never finished the other two, and I bought it like a year ago :shrug:
Micah Judaeah

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 pm

1). Demon's Souls
2). Valkyria Chronicles
3). God of War III

It's a shame you chose now to get a PS3. If you had done so a couple months ago, then you could have also gotten inFamous and Little Big Planet for free.
Franko AlVarado

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:05 am

Uncharted 2 and MGS 4.

Actually, how about the Fallout games and Oblivion as well?
courtnay

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:27 am

1). Demon's Souls
2). Valkyria Chronicles
3). God of War III

It's a shame you chose now to get a PS3. If you had done so a couple months ago, then you could have also gotten inFamous and Little Big Planet for free.

I got both of those for free from the incident and I must say I really don't care for Little Big Planet, but inFamous is pretty good.

I also recommend Demon's Souls and Uncharted 1 and 2 (Be warned, though... they are short games.). For upcoming games, I've got my eye on Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
Tyrone Haywood

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:11 am

Sigh.

I see all this gushing about Uncharted, and I'd love to see what people love so much about the story/gameplay/etc.... but I tried the demo, and I just can't hit the broad side of a barn with that aiming system. :)

(same reason I haven't played any of the console-exclusive FPS's... I just can't aim accurately with a controller. :sadvaultboy:)
Cartoon

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Sigh.

I see all this gushing about Uncharted, and I'd love to see what people love so much about the story/gameplay/etc.... but I tried the demo, and I just can't hit the broad side of a barn with that aiming system. :)

(same reason I haven't played any of the console-exclusive FPS's... I just can't aim accurately with a controller. :sadvaultboy:)

You'll get used to it. Maybe adjusting the sensitivity would also help. Also, this may sound stupid, but just as a check, you do know anolog sticks are pressure-sensitive, right?
emma sweeney

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:58 pm

First and foremost welcome to the PlayStation family! I highly recommend the God Of War series, Uncharted series, Metal Gear Solid 4 (first game I played on my PS3), and Ratchet and Clank. I haven't played Heavy Rain yet, but i've heard good things about it and i'll be checking it out soon. If you want to add me feel free to do so. My PSN ID is Showstopper47
meg knight

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:28 pm

Ico & SotC HD Collection was also delayed back then as it was originally scheduled for a spring 2011 release.

And for all we know, it could be delayed again :P

I just received an e-mail from Amazon, looks like Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD will be released on September 27th! I've been waiting, never had a chance to play Ico.
Alkira rose Nankivell

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:32 pm

I bought a PS3 a while back and I barely use it, so don't be like me. Exclusive wise, I only buy exclusives for it as I rather use my 360 for everything else. Uncharted is good, get both of those. Killzone is okay, it's like PS3's Halo (being nothing like Halo fyi) which means it's well made and not just a CoD knockoff. Gran Turismo 5 is pretty fun but same old Gran Turismo way with that game. Demon's Souls was great before they took the servers down, now it's just a hard single player game. I haven't played it since so I could be wrong, but I liked the tips I could come across. I don't like inFamous, and think Prototype is better (they're kind of a like but way different story). I also heard LBP was good fun so that's probably worth picking up. Also one of the new FF's is going to be released on the PS3 only I think so if you like FF, that's another one to look forward too.
james kite

Previous

Return to Othor Games